ForumsThe TavernThe days of yore

41 6140
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

So a lot of people that have been on AG since the beginning of time (or something close to that), have been talking about how AG used to be some much better. I've mostly seen this in threads like this. How was AG better then than these modern times?

• 41 Replies
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Although Ernie makes a point about this - i think there could be a new boom as such in the forums, just for the case of trying out the new Rep system.

Hey, thats not Ernies post, its my post. Ugh... well at least im making a point first time in my life
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

People should stop circle-jerking about how good ArmorGames used to be. If you don't like how it is now then take action and try to make it better, or stop using it like some have. Don't ***** and complain, that obviously won't do anything, since this thread has been made several times before and nothing has changed.
As for the issues that only the staff can fix, stop complaining about those too. They obviously don't care since we've tried to contact them a lot, and the only way those will get fixed is if AG3 comes out. Which doesn't look like it'll be any time "soon".

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Hey, thats not Ernies post, its my post. Ugh... well at least im making a point first time in my life

Ha fail ! My bad Jeff, how could I give someone else credit for the best name ever. Obviously just Ernie on the brain ;].
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

It's called a golden days fallacy. It actually wasn't that much better, people just like to pretend it was.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Devoidless

0_0 Where did you come from?

Anyway, there is no point in complaining people! Sure there were better days, but why complain when you can do something productive! Create an interesting thread, post your opinion, or argue about someone else's opinion!
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

But no, it wasn't much better back then. You just miss the people that were on back then, and you have to realize that people as good as them are taking their place - you just have to get to know them, too. A bunch o' oldies seem to be showin' up 'round these parts, though. Nice to see 'em back, I suppose.

Guess i never thought of it like this. Back in the day we were just used to having the people we talked to around. Now that they're gone and new users form friendships with other new users more often, i guess it seems a little meh.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

But I like complaining. Ha, no. Actually gearing that people like m made me look back at some of my other threads. I don't think I complain. I just like talking about this sort of stuff, but more of the technical stuff; not straight-up complaining about stuff that you can't put evidence with. Encouraging user activity is productive.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

It was much better in 2009 where you could post something and get a respond in a few minutes.

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

You people make me feel old...member since the beginning of 2008...the forums were ridiculous back then. I could look and instantly find a topic that was actually worth talking about, and even if it wasn't people made it interesting. I could post once, and in the time i had to wait to post again, 2 or 3 people would say something new. It was booming. Now I sometimes have to come on multiple days to get a reply and the topics are stupid to say the least. I remember feeling like I had people to look up to back in the day. Now the mods and admins are ghosts...

Oh I forgot to add this. Today people give dumb one word answers and just don't like to elaborate or anything like that.

Showing 31-39 of 41