ForumsThe TavernWhat do you do at the beach?

38 4835
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

We all visit the beach every once in a while. So what do you do while you're there?

I tend to take very long walks from one end to the other. Good exercise for the body and for the mind.

What do you do at the beach and what are your beach experiences?

• 38 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

When I am at the beach I swim like a freak! I love swimming at the beach, and I love walking in it too. Nice way to clear my mind of lifes troubles. I also like to body surf. However my last beach experience was around a year ago, I wish I could be at the beach more.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I tend to take very long walks from one end to the other. Good exercise for the body and for the mind.

I've always wanted to do that...but I'm afraid of getting lost here and there considering our beach gets crowded....I would take a phone, but still...there's water and I'm not prepared to spend some money on a waterproof phone or case...

I go into the water. I use a boogie board to ride some waves. (Yes, they make adult sized ones).

I really would want to learn how to surf though.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I enjoy swimming if the water isn't freezing cold, or I'll just toss a football or a frisbee around depending on how many other people are with me... I can't just sit there, though! I don't understand how people can enjoy themselves by just sitting in a chair on the beach!

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Swim mostly. I would like to learn to surf at some point in my life. There was also the time I yelled "SHARK!!!" in the water at a crowded beach.........NOT!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

There was also the time I yelled "SHARK!!!" in the water at a crowded beach

We could do good business together. I like to go to beaches with an elaborate shark costume and attack other beach go-ers

In seriousness...I just like to relax and then maybe swim for a bit (yelling inside everytime something touches my leg)
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I also like to body surf.

If the temperature is reasonably warm, I'll do this on occasion, but most beaches I visit in northern California are far too cold to go in past one's legs. Not just the water, but the air as well; it gets windy enough so that I'll often have to wear a jacket to said beaches.

In a nutshell, I much prefer the beaches in southern California, Mexico, and especially Hawaii because of the nice warm water. Maybe one day I'll visit the Caribbean and check out the beaches there. I hear the water there is also nice and warm.

I'm afraid of getting lost here and there considering our beach gets crowded...

How do you get lost on a beach? It's not like you can get turned around and lose your sense of direction. The entrance is always in the same place and there's usually something that marks it.

there's water and I'm not prepared to spend some money on a waterproof phone or case...

I don't worry about the water so much as I do the sand. I can't stand the grinding that occurs when sand enters the phone.

I don't understand how people can enjoy themselves by just sitting in a chair on the beach!

You'll understand when you're older. It's a bit strange for me to say that to someone only a few years younger than I am, but you can understand what I mean.

There was also the time I yelled "SHARK!!!" in the water at a crowded beach

I think it's gotten to the point where people are no longer gullible enough (and Jaws is no longer popular enough) for that trick to work. Still, it would be fun just to see how people would react.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I usually take walks around the beach, swim, and play with the sand.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

It depends on who i go with ;o.

I usually walk the length of the beach, lay down on a towel and read or sleep. Sometimes i build sandcastles because i think i'm five. I'll maybe paddle in the water but i hate sea water and getting it on my hair isn't an option.

Sometimes me and my friends drive up to the beach with a disposable BBQ and meat and just have a BBQ and chill out.

Sometimes we'll bring alcohol and blankets and sleep on the beach over night.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Sometimes I will try and fish, and the other times I will go swimming or walk around the beach!

It's relaxing to lie down at the sand, not unless it is over 90 degrees.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

I usually just swim..... and attack the invading seagulls

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

lol kevin8ye i attack people at the beach with seagulls if you throw some food at someone they get attacked by 15 seagulls XD

but when im at the beach i stare at the girls walking by,mess around in the water and sand, and if a have a metal ditector i walk the beach with that.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I yelled "SHARK!!!"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyu7zinTcz1qbi3p8o1_400.jpg
but when im at the beach i stare at the girls

The trick is to where sunglasses and pretend your sleeping.
I swim. Im good at swimming. Once I start to swim, I dont stop. If I stop I have to walk onto the beach with all the sand. I hate it when sand sticks to my feet. Hate it.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

LOL, I was young by then, and didn't know about "feeling for girls". xD

I just relax there and don't flirt with all the girls I like. xD

drose31
drose31
36 posts
Nomad

[quote]it depends on who i go with ;o i totally agree with you

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I just relax there and don't flirt with all the girls I like. xD

Lol, but why would you flirt with girls who you don't even know?
Showing 1-15 of 38