ForumsPopular MediaBest movie trilogy ever!

45 16420
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Whats your favourite movie trilogy? My favorite without a doubt would be nolans batman trilogy but i liked the pirates o the carribean(the first 3) too

• 45 Replies
kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

Star Wars' original trilogy, definitely. LOTR was awesome, but it's not really my kind of thing.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Star Wars is definitely on the list as are the LOTR movies, although to be honest I did prefer the books, Pirates of the Caribbean and Indian Jones also make an appearance. But I have to say, if rating on sheer enjoyment, I think Pirates of the Caribbean wins, those movies captivated me like few others. I do however choose to ignore the fact that there was a fourth.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Star wars and PotC i guess are are more deserving in a way because they weren't based on a book and their stories were original.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I will conform to general consensus when I say I loved LoTR. It just drew me in more than any other. Although, Star Wars was a great thing to watch. And although it is a satire of the original 3, I really have to put Family Guy's version of the original 3 Star Wars as my third favourite.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Matrix. A great futuristic trilogy with action, swords, guns and pure epicness.

-Jeff

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The second and third Matrix movies were pure and utter baloney. Horrible
script, horrible plot.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Matrix. A great futuristic trilogy with action, swords, guns and pure epicness

My mind is devided when it comes to Matrix saga. I really enjoyed the first one because of its concept. Really creative. However, it's amazing how something so brilliant can evolve into nothing; only fight scenes and a bunch of visual effects. Maybe my brain isn't capable of processing the information in the plot, but I still don't understand a single thing about the last two films.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Matrix. A great futuristic trilogy with action, swords, guns and pure epicness

My mind is devided when it comes to Matrix saga. I really enjoyed the first one because of its concept. Really creative. However, it's amazing how something so brilliant can evolve into nothing; only fight scenes and a bunch of visual effects. Maybe my brain isn't capable of processing the information in the plot, but I still don't understand a single thing about the last two films.

Not just you. I did enjoy the Merovingian and Architect scenes just for the script though.
nnoaheec12
nnoaheec12
15 posts
Nomad

I really liked the Bourne series. I don't think they should have made the fourth one without Damon though.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

I don't think they should have made the fourth one without Damon though.

Actually i think Renner did pretty good acting in it. I wish they had more "sneakiness" in legacy and perhaps more story, and another car chase would be nice!
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

The Lord of the Rings is the best movie trilogy, by far. All the movies are just stunning. Really majestic adaptations.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

The Lord of the Rings is my favorite trilogy. It is hands down my favorite trilogy, period!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

the dark knight trilogy, unless it goes on and becomes a quadrilogy

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Some of my favourites are Back to the Future, Batman (Christopher Nolans series), The Lord of the Rings, The Mexico Trilogy (El Mariachi, Desperado & Once Upon a Time In Mexico), Paranormal Activity, Spider-Man, Toy Story & Transformers

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Why did you people ignore ComradeWolf??!!! Seriously, the Dollars Trilogy is the coolest thing ever.

Showing 16-30 of 45