ForumsWEPR2016 Obama's America

62 18200
joeyman2
joeyman2
65 posts
Peasant

has anyone seen the movie (i know this could be in the movies section but its also very political) i had heard about it and i was wondering if anyone knew if it was good and whats in it.

• 62 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

They believe that tax cuts will stimulate businesses, who will hire, hence there will be jobs. It's one thing accusing them of going against economic grain, and quite another to just smear them as uncaring parasites who only want to get rich. You don't paint a fair picture, and it does seem a tinge bit hypocritical. Not all Republicans are rich people, and not all Democrats are poor people.

First of all I never said that all Democrats are poor and secondly why is it that the Democratic presidents have to fix the mess left by the Republicans? Clinton improved the economy then Bush ruined it again, Obama's trying and slowly succeeding but he needs another mandate. Why is it that Republicans always have great ideas but when they're in power they do nothing but giving tax breaks for riches? Look where it brought the country, on the verge of a economic collapse. What have the riches done with their tax breaks? Did they create new jobs? No, they just got richer and this unpatriotic weasel Romney fired more workers and got richer.
Where do you see that Republicans are trying?
The only one who can convince some of them is Obama so...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Clinton improved the economy then Bush ruined it again, Obama's trying and slowly succeeding but he needs another mandate. Why is it that Republicans always have great ideas but when they're in power they do nothing but giving tax breaks for riches?

The tax breaks affect everyone, not just the rich. For example, the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and its 2003 version extended tax cuts to all people, not just the rich.

There have been many good Republican Presidents; Reagan, Bush Senior, Eisenhower, Nixon. There have been many occasions where a Republican has to clear the mess of Democratic flops, LBJ and Carter spring to mind instantly. You're generalizing again.

Look where it brought the country, on the verge of a economic collapse. What have the riches done with their tax breaks? Did they create new jobs? No, they just got richer and this unpatriotic weasel Romney fired more workers and got richer.

This is a gross manipulation of economic history; America's decline began since the 70s, when she found it hard to compete with the rest of the world; when her education systems fell into decline, when her businesses became uncompetitive. Nixon by taking the dollar off the gold standard, did America a huge favour. The collapse in 2008 was not the government's fault, it does have a burden of not regulating properly, but it didn't cause the collapse.

No, they just got richer and this unpatriotic weasel Romney fired more workers and got richer.

The Wall Street Journal, aiming for a comprehensive assessment, examined 77 businesses Bain invested in while Mr. Romney led the firm from its 1984 start until early 1999, to see how they fared during Bainâs involvement and shortly afterward.

Among the findings: 22% either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested, sometimes with substantial job losses. An additional 8% ran into so much trouble that all of the money Bain invested was lost.

Whilst it is true that Romney did a shoddy job at Bain, that is all it proved. It doesn't prove he has the lack of heart, anyone who attempts to be elected does have heart. It doesn't prove one bit that Republicans are all a selfish cheating bunch led by the worst of the lot Romney. It proves his economics are crap, but it doesn't prove that he is ''unpatriotic''. Honestly, people who bandy the word around to anything they detest are missing the point of its meaning.

Where do you see that Republicans are trying?

The only one who can convince some of them is Obama so...

Some have tried to toe the budget line and moderate their views during the previous debt ceiling crisis. You're putting it up as though Democrats and Obama are saintlike, whilst the Republicans are all rubbish. Yet isn't this the sort of attitude you condemn when coming from conservatives?
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yet isn't this the sort of attitude you condemn when coming from conservatives?

Yes I get angry and start acting like people from Fox News, shame on me.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

As a matter of fact yes. We condemn the Republican who clouded the facts and was heavily biased in this ''documentary'', yet if we perpetuate the same behaviour, we are no better.

joeyman2
joeyman2
65 posts
Peasant

everyone dont forget this is about the MOVIE

christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

You people should be grateful for th great president you have! Here in Europe we would kill to have someone like him as president!

joeyman2
joeyman2
65 posts
Peasant

wow thats kinda extreme dont you think

Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

Reality has a distinct liberal bias

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

But since people often don't subscribe to reality, we live in a warped space.

No, I actually disagree. Liberals like me feel we live in reality; this isn't true, we live in a reality or value system where we discount religious ideas and promote a more freedom, equality "bias". Conservatives live in a whole new reality where they believe in God's will.

Showing 46-54 of 62