ForumsThe TavernAm I the only one that struggles with Creativity?

25 3508
Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

Probably.

I can't seem to be creative in anything I do. I always have to think of things logically to the point where I can't be creative.

Discuss. Ever had problems creating something out of nothing? I seem to be able to combine ideas but never something truly original or creative.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one. :/

• 25 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Look for inspiration. Depending on your likes and dislikes, you may see something or watch something that kicks your brain into planning. For example, I like ships, I like wonderful sunny port towns, but I also like old, barren castles. I'll swing between these different ideals. Oddly enough, Skyrim presents both of those ;D

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

You are not the only one, I suffer from lack of creativity all the time, basing pretty much everything on something else i have seen, not really ever being original.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Oh gosh no. I struggle with creativity a lot. The only time I seem to burst with it is when i'm angry with the world.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I don't struggle with it, but I get my creativity through logic (if that makes sense) I logically think through drawings and then I draw them, from what I know most are completely original. So The only tip I could give would be to logically think creatively. Which sounds strange but I found it works fine with me.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Creativity is a hit or miss for me. If I can pretty much do whatever I want I tend to be really creative. But if someone is telling me to do something then I tend to just want them to tell me what they want me to make. So I am either an all or nothing guy.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

No, you're not alone. I also struggle with creativity. I'm usually creative just a few minutes before falling asleep at night, which is something rather annoying. However, it is pretty worse when I wake up in the middle of the night and my brain is full of ideas, instead of being completely empty. Sometimes, I have to get up and write them in a piece of paper because I know I won't remember them the next morning.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

you need to stop the logic in your head, and just start thinking outside the box.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Use something that inspires you. It could be a movie, some music, a person you like, a cool animal or bug, I don't know because I have way too much imagination. For example when I type those characters:
- O / / I see a guy running:
Example: ---- O//
Then you add ` to make it look like he's sweating:
---- `O//

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Discuss. Ever had problems creating something out of nothing? I seem to be able to combine ideas but never something truly original or creative.

Ever combine preexisting ideas in a novel fashion? I'd argue that that's closer to what creativity is, and sort of the concept is the underlying basis for scientific and mathematical research.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

is the

that's the*
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Im loosing creativity to actually. My current designs (for Car Designing) are coming out really bad and I have no innovative ideas. My rocket designs are not working out to well as well, which sucks cause they blow up. This was happening to me for a bit (like 2 weeks now) and it is starting to go away. But yes for a while now I was loosing it, which sucks if I am going to have a career that requires innovation.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Creativity never was a strong point of mine. That is, no matter how wild or vivid my imagination may or may not be, I could never translate it in any way out of my mind.

When it comes to artwork, for example, what I visualize and what the finished product looks like are always very dissimilar.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

nope, i suck at creativity more than anyone....

Skazizzles
Skazizzles
18 posts
Nomad

I often struggle with creativity especially when it has something to do with a school project and not with something I'm doing for fun.

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

I have the luck and unluck to be a creativity monster. I think many things at the same time resulting in a terrible headache.

Showing 1-15 of 25