ForumsThe TavernMedicine/Medications

37 13283
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm sure most of you take some sort of medicine or medication once in a while, whether it be a prescription drug every day or a cough suppressant when you have a cough. Personally, I only take an Advil or two now and then if I have a headache or my neck is wreaking havoc on the rest of my body. Other than that I tend to stray away from medicine of all kinds when I'm sick because it tends to distort my perspective. I don't even let the dentist put me under.

What are your medicinal habits, AG?

• 37 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

My doctor takes me on off depending on if I am in a flare up or not.

I haven't had a flare up yet but I have days when I feel normal so I can ride my bike full speed and the next day I feel tired. That's really annoying!
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I have done remicade its not bad but you have to sit in a haspital bed for many hours with an I.V. depends on the dose. I was 9 when they did remicade. 13 now and have been through almost everything.

Well, my GI wants remicade to be a lifelong medication.

Just hated the medicine they give to us the first time we're diagnosed.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Well, my GI wants remicade to be a lifelong medication.

I just researched it and I really don't want to have this med injected in my veins, no thanks! :O
When I was in the hospital (last day) they injected me with some salty stuff (can't remember the name) and my veins felt like they were on fire! It was the longest 25 minutes in my life, I kept stretching, lifting, lowering my arm to get rid of the pain but nothing worked.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

When I was in the hospital (last day) they injected me with some salty stuff (can't remember the name) and my veins felt like they were on fire! It was the longest 25 minutes in my life, I kept stretching, lifting, lowering my arm to get rid of the pain but nothing worked.

Probably just some vitamins and nutrients they were circulating through your veins.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Probably just some vitamins and nutrients they were circulating through your veins.

Okay I remember now, it was potassium.
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

potassium

Uggggh that is some nasty stuff burns like heck, it was so bad for me that they had to give me a light sedative.
Showing 31-36 of 37