ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682842
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Today I learned what it feels like to get a cast and pins removed. I also learned what atrophied muscles feel like.

~Manly

ArmorMoose
ArmorMoose
4 posts
Scribe

Moose stuff...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

the american math teaching system sucks

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I learned the CD player in the charity shop I volunteer in is almost entirely broken.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Classical music isn't popular.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Bathtubs are reverse boats.

Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

I learnt that:http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Apparently the Disney Infinity digital copy in the Eshop on the WII U is free. So naturally I bought it, but of course I'm going to have to get characters and a little transporter thing for it, luckily I have a cousin with the game so he has the characters and transporters, because most likely I won't play it by myself.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that I make dumb mistakes on things.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Really early this morning (or was it late last night) I learned more precise definitions of all sorts of things like "horse power", "torque", "supercharge" and "turbocharge".

Curiosity take awhile............

~Manly

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I learned that Xmas is coming closer... seen the first xmas cookies...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Something about Earth Science and a bunch of anatomy terms that I'm going to forget.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I learned that the MMO, KingsRoad is so addicting that it took all the time i usually spend watching anime. And not much can take me and my Blue Exorcist apart.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I learned that my OS updated suddenly... i know the latest updates from the normal patchday cause some problems, so i think these are the fix(es).

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I learnt that studying for tests is a good thing. ;-;

Showing 1576-1590 of 2124