ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684784
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that Gantic loves to crush the dreams of trees...

fratzopa
fratzopa
3 posts
Constable

Today i learnt about something really important:
When you are dreaming you believe that you are awake,
but when you are awake you believe that you are dreaming..
Sorry but my theory before was that I'm always dreaming..

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that my history test was easy and I was right to not waste time reading the chapters.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that apparently a girl(that I like)'s ex is apparently trying to get her back. It seems to be true as they've been hanging out together a lot. Must find out if it's true. If it isn't then I'll ask her out. If it is and she likes him back... well... plenty of fish in the sea.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I learned that there is a teacher that i could have a conversation with to MY standards. (Which are insanely high and rather complicated)

It is my social studies teacher. We had a conversation about the extremist group ISIS for about 10 minutes. I was late to my next class.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that 8 more people got to 100 again... Lucky mofos! xD

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I learned that a lot of what I learned for Chemistry GCSE is wrong.

I learned that there is a teacher that i could have a conversation with to MY standards. (Which are insanely high and rather complicated)

Sounds like my old history teacher. He was really enthusiastic and knowledgeable. He even got onto the national news during the last teacher's strike.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

It is my social studies teacher.
my old history teacher

So does mine. Or, at least, my Comp Gov teacher is definitely an interesting person to talk to. Most of the teachers I've had in that general subject (Civics, History, etc) seem to be pretty amazing.
tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned all about the spectacled bear! It's a very shy, peaceful bear and the only bear species in South America. And it's darn cute. I also learned that the word "nightingale" is an Anglo-Saxon word that has been around for a millennium without changing hardly at all. It means "night songstress" because the nightingale sings at night and probably people used to think it was the female that sang. I also learned that there's a dolphin type called the dusky dolphin and it's gorgeous, while the river dolphin is...not quite so gorgeous. No offense meant but they look like they aren't really native to rivers but instead were so ugly that their fellow dolphins kicked them out of the ocean and the only place they had to go was to a river... (I spent several hours on an animal facts website haha)

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Compared to a very odd vegetarian cooking book (owned by my sister) i learned that also bacon is veggie...^^

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

http://s4.postimg.org/8ixgww7rd/assassin.jpg
This is all too true. Sad, really.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I... seem to be getting posts from forum games. Or at least some of them. I don't know why.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Same here Snag! I have gotten a few from Count to 100. I learned that yet another one of my friends got a gf and i'm still forever alone :'

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned about the different shapes that orbits can take! Circular (as an approximation for ellipse), elliptical, hyperbolic, and parabolic.

I also learned that the New Year's crowd around the Taipei 101 building is crazy huge!! My friend told me that it's large enough to cause a lack of oxygen, but I didn't understand until he sent a picture. Oh yes. It's large. (I still wish I could see the fireworks in person though!)

Showing 1606-1620 of 2124