ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682873
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that thinking of clever stuff for my bio is pretty fun. You guys should check it out sometime, I put new stupid stuff in all the time ._.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

What I learned in boating school is that pepper spray hurts even when you close your eyes. Don't ask why I was pepper sprayed for, it was just a lapse of stupidity on my part at that time. *cough*

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that there is a time and a place for kneaded erasers. That time is all the time and that place is everywhere I attempt to shade a drawing.

(currently in regret mode over deliberately passing over pencil kits that came with kneaded erasers while getting supplies last week.)

SmallpoxInfect
SmallpoxInfect
1 posts
Farmer

I learned that I could complete a quest just by telling you guys about it on the forum. Isn't that neat?

Gladiator246
Gladiator246
363 posts
Scribe

I learnt that Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix is the best in the series.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that pagans practiced a ritual to increase the fertility and growth of their crops by dancing around with pitchforks, poles and broomsticks during the full moon. They were riding them, pretending they were horses. They leaped as high as they could to show the crops how high they wanted them to grow.

The Church claimed that they were trying to destroy the crops and flew up in the air with their brooms. By doing so, they were calling the devil. xD

Now we know where those witches flying with their broom's idea came from.

So funny.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@Ernie15 has been absent for some 2 months. Anyone know where he is?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Ernie15 has been absent for some 2 months. Anyone know where he is?

He does that rather frequently. Usually comes back after several months, stays awhile and then leaves again. He'll return.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

This:
Is this a puppy? No it's a spider!!!!

Eeeek! :O

- - - //\\O/\\\\ ---------------- `O//

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that my math teacher is assigning homework that I don't know how to do.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

He is gone a lot during the school year when he is busy. Plus he also leaves at other times for personal reasons. He will be back at some point.
I learned that my math teacher is assigning homework that I don't know how to do.

I learned that Storm's math homework is easy.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned I've been gone as long as Ernie. This can only mean one thing... he and I are one.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that Storm's math homework is easy.

says the math major not all of us are geniuses like you

I also learned that apparently it was Disney day and people got really into it at my school.
DieHardDisciple
DieHardDisciple
13 posts
Peasant

I learned there is not one person in a different forum that can help me achieve my goal in a certain game..

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that if you compare the performance of different rocket propulsion systems to cars, an ion thruster is like a Prius. Very efficient, slow to get going.

Showing 1651-1665 of 2124