ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684682
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Is that a Game @09philj?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@akshobhya It's generally regarded as one of the worst games ever made.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@09philj, it is regarded as the worst, on what basis?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@akshobhya The Xbox 360 version has a Metacritic score of 19/100. That's the highest scoring version. It has variously been described as a "Hideous, slapped-together action game saturated with poor, nonsensical design choices," " the worst video game I’ve played within this console generation," and "an offensive abomination of a game." Ben Croshaw of the Escapist refused to rank it as the worst game of 2013 on the grounds that it was a "congealed failure" rather than a game, and thus instead gave it a "Lifetime Achievement Award for Total Abhorrence."

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@09philj, I better not play that game!

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

Jeff Goldblum advertises apartments on the sidelines of this site.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Russia banned memes, probably after that one video of Putin loudly singing "I AM GAY, GAY, GAY, I LIKE LONG BIG [roosters]" with flashing colors got out. Or it could've been any of the other memes with Putin on them, who knows.
Edit: Here's the video in case you were wondering. Though it's been extended to five minutes for some reason.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Russia banned memes

Seriously? No memes in Russia, in any platform?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The archive.org has been revamped. I think they did it to make the site more tablet user friendly.

I was browsing the texts section and I found these very old newspapers.
The oldest I found is from 1888.

I know most people don't give a crap about these but I find them fascinating History wise.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Doh, I forgot to include the link.

=1889]Old Newspaper

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@SSTG, They really are interesting are in an excellent condition for their time period!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

@SSTG, They really are interesting are in an excellent condition for their time period!

There's a lot of good stuff on that site. They also have music, software, retro games a time machine for the Web.

I spend a lot of time there along with Wikipedia and AG.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@SSTG, thank you for introducing me there!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

@SSTG, thank you for introducing me there!

You're welcome.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

This. .
Those Japanese are crazy! Wow!

Showing 1876-1890 of 2124