ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682845
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that night vision eye drops are a real thing.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If you go to YouTube and type Lego battle you'll be amazed and spend a long time watching those masterpieces of animation.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

How to blend in at Walmart.

1 - Don't shower or bathe for a week.
2 - Have greasy hair.
3 - Wear flip flop or sandals with long dirty toe nails.
4 - If you're a girl, wear pale sweatpants so we can see the stain near the butt hole.
5 - If your fat, wear your shirt as tight as possible so the skin hangs down all over.
6 - If you're a guy, wear a dirty and greasy undershirt with yellowed arm pits.

That's it.

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Might of been yesterday, but I learned that my mental age was 37. I had guessed 36. And that if I were to spend eternity with a vampire, it should be Edward. And that I'm steak and eggs, as a breakfast food.
thanks buzzfeed.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I leaended that my great-great-uncle was a famous skydiver.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I learnt that E-120 (Carmine), which is used to add Red Colour to Food, is extracted from Insects.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I learned about the Aberdare MegaAvalaugh charity downhill bike race, in which people descend some rather steep hills on wholly inappropriate bicycles.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Today, I relearned Fibonacci and Geometric sequences for my presentation tomorrow. My course has nothing to do with math, I don't know why I'm doing this.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

Today i learnt that my sister likes some of the same pony videos i do.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned this.
This is freaking amazing! I hope I'm not a very old and half senile man when they actually start building a spaceship in space.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@Crickster, you do pony videos?

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

@akshobhya No, i mean watch because i showed her some of fiery joker's reviews and one of the bronies react videos by ACracebest.

And i did a chris watch series at one point when my channel was called CrickTheFur but i took them down. (that and i'm in the process of working on something pony related)

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@Crickster, that is Good!

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I learned that Eutechnyx is based in the county in which I live. Yes, this Eutechnyx:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ed/Ride_to_Hell.jpg

Showing 1861-1875 of 2124