ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684876
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that the criminals in Congress get free healthcare for life while they whine about Obama trying to provide for those who can't afford it.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

I learned that everything is been planned since the dawn of space and time.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

TIL that the emergency department likes to make all their referrals to the medical registrar approximately half an hour before the registrar is due to end his shift. Why? They have a strange aversion to speaking directly to the consultant, despite the fact my consultant is a lot easier to refer to than I am. Just because I'm nice doesn't mean I'm not going to ask you a million questions and then possibly decline your referral... my consultant just lets everything through xD

>

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I learned how to do a general abdomen exam and how to palpate for the spleen and liver!

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Today I learned that there's a federal subject of Russia called the Republic of Dagestan. I had to look it up to see if it was a new separate country, but it turned out not to be, which is probably why I've never heard of it.

I learned that everything is been planned since the dawn of space and time.

Oh? Where did you acquire such a controversial bit of knowledge?
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Oh? Where did you acquire such a controversial bit of knowledge?[quote]

It's been here since my birth!

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Today I learned how hot hot mustard really is. I ordered a sandwich that came with honey mustard, but they accidentally put hot mustard on it. I could literally feel the burn all throughout my face.

I still ate the whole sandwich.

It's been here since my birth!

What makes you think everything has been planned since the dawn of time?
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Today I learned that when my toenails grow out sharp, i should cut the sharp bits off before I smash my foot into someone and get blood on my toenails. I also learned that if I fall asleep on the bus near the sixth graders, they will attempt to draw on my face.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Today I learnt that thalidomide can be used to treat multiple myeloma... but it comes with cumulative dose-related toxic neuropathy. Thus the old dude on my ward who can no longer walk properly, though arguably he has at least 2 other problems that could have done that all by themselves and I now have to figure out which one is more responsible for what...

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

What makes you think everything has been planned since the dawn of time?

I don't know
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learnd how dumb this topic is...

-TGC

...says the guy going around spamming advertisement for his site

---
Anyways.,I learned that my ex (not DWF) apparently has an interesting viewpoint on my bestfriend (who is female) and myself..and still is horrible at hiding her animosity
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that just because I'm in a foreign country doesn't mean I can't use a computer.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I learned that the original Zelda for the NES is really hard.

"HOW AMTO KNOW HOW TO DO THAT?" is the entire game.

I'm just so used to easy games.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that almost every forum is the same.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

I learned samo HTML codes...
=)

Showing 481-495 of 2124