ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684855
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

I learned that you can do evreything right, but the one mistake you make is what youll be remembered for.

Solution to this is, do everything wrong and when you do one right thing you will be remembered for that.
HOBCOP
HOBCOP
35 posts
Nomad

lol

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I learned that my school made the mark schemes for my exams especially strict and they won't be in the Summer.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

TIL about Halo 2600.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is being released on February 21.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Today I learned that PE teachers don't give a crap about weather.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I just learned that they're making a Sharknado 2.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Sharknado 2

Syfy, huh.

They recenlty were on some free monthly deal here. Crazy stuff alright :|

Good luck with the dog, SSTG. Hopefully on all fours again.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Good luck with the dog, SSTG. Hopefully on all fours again.

Thanks!
Actually, the vet wasn't sure if it was a stroke or a neck injury until this morning
when they took him out for a potty session. He yelped and his front legs went numb. We did a research online and found some neck braces that could help him. We went to see my dog this afternoon and as soon as he saw us, he got up on his legs and wag his tail. We petted him and encouraged him.
He'll spend another night at the hospital and maybe the rest of the week end.
After we consult with the vet tomorrow, we'll decide which neck brace to get so he can come home because this whole adventure will cost us at least $1000.

We're hoping that the meds will help the healing while the brace will prevent him from aggravating the wound and eventually paralyze him for good.

My bro dog Noel is a fighter so I'm hoping he'll get through it.
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I learned you should never, under any circumstances, go to a sporting event you care nothing about without a book. Just take my word for it...

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that emotional maturity is impossible. Emotions may be the root to immaturity. I'll have to focus on this theory in the later future for verification.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I learned about this great newcontest that is now up and running in the Flash Games section of the forums.

Also, I've posted 216 times in MBFF 2013, as of the time of this post. @Skeleton_Pilot is a runner up with 145 posts in that same thread. How many times have you posted there?

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I learned that I got blown away in the above contest. And there's only one other entry!

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that I should throw this bucket that I call "a computer" in a bin. Why? Worst GPU ever and sucky RAM. Do I need to say more?

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

I learned all about ears today!
:'D

Showing 991-1005 of 2124