ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684071
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

I learned that my girlfriends wants me to pay her more attention because she thinks I ignore her lately and that I try to get away from her.

Trust me. You. Don't. Want. To. Learn. This. The. Way. I. Did.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

my girlfriend* DAYUM I wrote at plural. There's only one guys, I'm a cool & nice guy. D:

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that I'm going on a road trip to Moab this coming week. I'm so excited ^^

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned about various interesting flavors of Ramune, a popular Japanese soda.

You'll have to look here to find out what those flavors are.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that my girlfriends wants me to pay her more attention because she thinks I ignore her lately and that I try to get away from her.

That's called a relationship.
Now get ready to go watch that new romantic movie because SHE wants to go see it with you, like it or not. xD
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Learned the entirety of SOAD's self titled on bass

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned how close the results are in the current round of the castle contest. But you'll all find that out tomorrow, for those of you who actually pay attention to the contest.

Learned the entirety of SOAD's self titled on bass

You can play an entire heavy metal album on a fish?
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

You can play an entire heavy metal album on a fish?

Not a smallmouth, obviously. You would probably need a giant sea bass to get the full acoustic range.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that the story about a Chicago dude killing his brother over a Flappy Bird highscore was actually just a troll.

Some trolls people make are just ingenious.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I learned that some people call other people names for no reason, and feelings get really hurt.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that a new round has begun in the CTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest, not that many of you are actually going to enter anyway.

Congratulations to @gh0sts and his winning castle.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I learned that life is very hard without a mobile phone. I got into some trouble.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I got into some trouble.

That does beg further elucidation.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Learned about a group of people that worship the U.S.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I learned that the Battle of Shiloh Creek in the American Civil War killed more Americans than all previous American wars combined!
Ironically, Shiloh is a Hebrew word that means peace. I hate wars.

Showing 1066-1080 of 2124