ForumsThe TavernWhat are your favorite subjects?

24 3118
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Can be from school or from something you like outside of school.

I don't know if this has been done yet.

My favorites are history, the Three Kingdoms era and I guess science.

• 24 Replies
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I'm a geometry nerd. I always thought the proofs were pointless but the rest of it was logical thinking, which is why I liked it better than memorizing a bunch of equations.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

In school, my favorite subject was geography

After elementary school, I was taught almost no geography. But during elementary school, I knew more about the subject than anyone else in the school. By the end of middle school I knew almost every world capital (unfortunately I have since forgotten many of them).

I'm a geometry nerd.

I unfortunately fall under that category as well; I never really "liked" it per se, but I did complete an entire high school geometry class in my head (except for the tests; there was no mandatory written work expect for the tests).
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I'm a geometry nerd. I always thought the proofs were pointless but the rest of it was logical thinking, which is why I liked it better than memorizing a bunch of equations.

I REALLY dislike proofs. I'm in 8th grade and I take geometry. We just started talking about it like 2 weeks ago. Its a lot of writing. I don't get some of the harder ones. It takes me some time to figure out each step.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I REALLY dislike proofs. I'm in 8th grade and I take geometry. We just started talking about it like 2 weeks ago. Its a lot of writing. I don't get some of the harder ones. It takes me some time to figure out each step.

Proofs are the basis from which all of our mathematical knowledge has been derived. But the ****ty style of proofs you learn in geometry are bland, rigid, and static, which would explain why you guys don't like them.

Try learning how to write real proofs.
ariannekic
ariannekic
14 posts
Nomad

Try learning how to write real proofs.

i did really well in geometry. i like writing proofs and i'm actually that good that i can come up with more than one solution usually.
Alas, my skills are only good on paper though because i cannot, for the love of all things holy, use geometry to place a decent game of pool.
Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

ive made straight A's last year and this year so far..but typically i have every subject the only subject i like is "LUNCH" cause its during 4th or 5th period XD its either that or food&nutrition because we make food all the time..this makes me sound fat but that class is amazing

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Probably Stats and Physics. I like math and how it is applied, so Physics is really interesting to me. I also loved doing different tests in Stats to prove/disprove things based on data. It made me look at data in a new way.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Well i dont really like school, but i can say that im the best mathematician in my city, which could deffinetily mean that i love math. Kinda.

-Jeff

Showing 16-23 of 24