ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 94801
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Great answers, you guys! I can see this thread is definitely off to a great start!

So here's the next question... If you were given the option to relive one day of your life or one particular moment in your life and it wouldn't change everything in the future, what day or moment would you choose to relive?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,776 posts
Chamberlain

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?
well i didn't see this thread until today so i shall answer that question too. i would (after realizing what year it was) ask someone what year it was, and when they said 1901 i'd reply IT WORKED! and run off. then i'd make millions by doing something that has unfortunately been done already, patent the wheel

So here's the next question... If you were given the option to relive one day of your life or one particular moment in your life and it wouldn't change everything in the future, what day or moment would you choose to relive?
i don't really have an answer for that, nothing really awesome that would stick out above everything that would be an obvious answer has really happened in my life
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

well i didn't see this thread until today so i shall answer that question too.

Haha, don't worry, you can answer any question whenever you want!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

When you say relive, do you mean completely do-over or just sit idly by as a spectator while I watched my past self do it?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I don't think I've lived long enough to make a fair decision.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I have a particular moment in mind but I'm not going to share it because it may be a little too graphic for this site, if you catch my drift. I already relive it in my mind every day.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

@ Ernie
Sorry I didn't make it very clear in the question. Just do whatever floats your boat. =)

@ Nicho
There isn't just ONE moment in your life that you would like to relive? You can always change your answer when you're older...

@ Skulltivator
Lol, that is wise to keep graphic things out of the forums... if you feel that it's best left to the imagination, that's perfectly fine. =)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Nah, there really isn't. I would have said my first kiss but it subsequently turned nightmarish, so no.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Not much I'd want to change. The one day I could argue for was the day I broke up with my ex (obvious not my ex at the time -_-), or maybe the last day I saw my dad. I'll leave it at that.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Perhaps my first baseball game. But I dont really know, their isnt anything i would really want to re-live.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Sad to say, there really aren't any moments I can think of in my life that are worth reliving. Not to say that my life is completely bad, because it generally isn't, but there haven't been too many moments in the past 20 years in my life that have really been good enough to mention.

I really need to lower my standards, maybe to about zero or so.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, time for a new question!

If you could have just one superpower for just one day, what superpower would you have and what would you do with this power?

I know this question has been done before but I want to hear what you guys think!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

When I was 15yo, I was crazy about a girl and she was crazy about me too but I was an idiot and blew it up so If I could redo it I wouldn't be so stupid. That's all I can think of.
For the good stuff, I'd like to go back to when I was 8yo (in Canada), I was waiting for the school bus in winter and the temp. was -40 C, it was snowing so much that they had to cancel school for the rest of the day. Man that was a fun day that I'd like to relive! xD

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I would want the ability to raise the dead (but not in the decayed state...in their normal, human self...around an age I get to decide)

First off...bring back those that have died that were close to friends/family of mine

second...bring back Zhuge Liang and Pang Tong and have a nice conversation with them (oh yeah...and bring back someone that could translate for us)

kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

I've always thought that it would be pretty neat to have some sort of psychic powers. One could control things with their mind, telepathically communicate with others, levitate, and more. I, personally, would want to reenact the scene at the Mos Eisley Spaceport in which Ben Kenobi used the persuasive powers of the force to deceive the stormtroopers, but I'd still do my part in the community as a superhero as well.

Reality-warping would've been my pick, but that power seems far too blown out of proportion. Almost of god-like proportions...

Showing 16-30 of 518