ForumsThe TavernWhat grinds your gears?

35 4797
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Everyone has something that sets them off. What gets your blood boiling? For me it's when soda cans are dented upwards at the top and you can't open them.

• 35 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

i think your post there was just racist in its own way, honestly.

How was that racist?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

i think your post there was just racist in its own way, honestly.

... He was referring to nicho`s post. Fanboys are not a race -_-

but i am not going into detail because i am not going into a fight with you.

You already started it! You just called an innocent human a child racist for no reason.
http://t.qkme.me/3qh45m.jpg
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

*innocent human child racists for no reason
Curse you a! I almost had a perfect post!

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

/pickpocket

i didnt mean to start anything here, i just expressed my opinions on that. am i ****ing stupid?

thats just plain possible

--judgment

Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

Facebook.

Well not exactly the site, just most people on it.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

CoD fanboys

H8er be H8ing!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate when people ask what i hate. -_-

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'm actually the person that has elephant's skin! I am (or at least try to be) positive minded all the time, much to the annoyance of some people around me, but that's their problem! Heh... =P

So finding something that lights my fuse, ticks me off or gets my blood boiling is difficult, though... not impossible! I can't stand being wrongfully accused of something and next to that, when seeing someone is being treated wrongfully. I guess that's the 'Don Quichote' in me, always trying to make the world a little better! *grins* But I've learned a lot over the years, it doesn't always help ...

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

If she can set fire to the rain, she can take a severe burn now and then.

Haha yea you got that right.

Facebook.

Well not exactly the site, just most people on it.

I can understand that, I don't like Facebook either. And by it being one of the biggest (or just the biggest) social network in the world, the more obnoxious it gets. I avoid sites like that to prevent me from getting migraines....

Grinding gears are good, it means the machine is on.

Not when the machine is anger. You don't want to get that machine going.

This puts a whole new meaning to "Rage against the machine". *drummer beats the drums*
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

So finding something that lights my fuse, ticks me off or gets my blood boiling is difficult, though... not impossible! I can't stand being wrongfully accused of something and next to that, when seeing someone is being treated wrongfully. I guess that's the 'Don Quichote' in me, always trying to make the world a little better!

Does it grind your gears having someone correct you? It's Don Quixote.
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
512 posts
Peasant

I hate when ppl try to play me like Im stupid and i pretty much know what theyre doing and I hate how The U.S Economy is not Organized and our country does'nt focus on the important issues at hand

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Ohh about me racist, you mean about the Israeli kids? Im from Israel. when you hate people of your own country, its not racism. its just hating.

And for all of you who hate "facebook", not the site - you just hate peoples. i get remind on that every time i go out. peoples are stuiped. jsut *****. and dumbs. they are... *******es.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Oh gosh, I doubt any word count could hold the list of things I would happily moan about on a daily basis.

Something major that really grinds me is cheating. Why do people feel the need to cheat? If you want someone else, you obviously don't want the person you're with, so leave them. It's not rocket science. Not being mature enough to commit means you should hold off on committing.

General things that grind on me is the sound of metal hitting teeth, fingernails on chalkboards, chairs scraping on tiles, when elderly people think they're too high and mighty to say "excuse me", when you wait forever to be served in a shop because the sales assistants are too busy talking, uncleanliness and bad hygiene in any environment, when policemen try exhort more authority than they're granted, when people say something negative during a positive story, when you apply for a job and it either takes them two weeks to send you a rejection letter or you never hear from them, when taxis don't do call-backs (they're not allowed to honk the horn here), when people don't do their own dishes and let them build up, when people are really rude to the homeless, when your cell phone battery is about to die and you're nowhere near a charging point, when people talk really loudly in the cinema, the length of time it takes water to boil and how noisy kettles feel the need to be, the price of dental care, people who talk as if they know everything and people who act like they don't have any flaws. & Finally, it grinds on me listing all the things that grinds on me because now i'm thinking about them all and i'm mad.

-Rant over-

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Does it grind your gears having someone correct you? It's Don Quixote.

Actually... nope! It means I got the opportunity to learn something today! Thanx! =)

Oh gosh, I doubt any word count could hold the list of things I would happily moan about on a daily basis.

Really?! And I mean that quite seriously... I never thought of you as such a person! *bubble bursts* (o.O)

Something major that really grinds me is cheating. Why do people feel the need to cheat? If you want someone else, you obviously don't want the person you're with, so leave them. It's not rocket science. Not being mature enough to commit means you should hold off on committing.

You're completely right about it and I don't condone it, better yet I condemn it, BUT... it also means you can show that you are a better person than the cheater and either give that person another chance, or move on and leave the cheater hanging!

Cheaters cheat because they want something really bad that they either can't have or they don't want to wait untill they can obtain it!

*reads your rant* Now you're mad? Wait, I'll cheer you up!
*makes stupid dance and accidentally hits door post* ... *BASH!!!*
"Ouch..." There, feel better? =P
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I hate how some people throw around the word Liberal like it's some godawful disease that'll probably make your appendages drop off at some point, take up a life of their own and go strangle some small business owners.

Also spam emails.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

take up a life of their own and go strangle some small business owners.

Thank you for directing them my way Avorne... I am a small business owner... guess I'll have to go and quickly barricade my front door now! LOL =P

Also spam emails.

This actually depends on my mood... when I feel happy, I see them, I delete them, I am happy! You could say it in roman... "Veni, vidi, vici"!
But when I'm in a bad mood, I could get grumpy and when having a stubborn mood, I email back with a parental speech to set them straight about whatever they planned to sell me! Heheh... =P
Showing 16-30 of 35