ForumsThe TavernI can't be the only one..

39 6289
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Who finds sentences written correctly oddly comforting?

When I skim a thread, the grammatically correct sentences with proper spelling and capitalisation stick out and.. make me feel better.

I feel out of sorts and all kinds of crazy today.

• 39 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I tend to to have

Someone give me a baseball bat. You won't get it back the way it was when you gave it to me.
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

*hands Salvidian a bat*

Have fun buddy

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I tend to to have a lot of typos because I type too fast for my own good.

That happens to me too. If I didn't have spell-check automatically implemented on my browser, I don't know where I'd be. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say probably lost in a forest of misspelled words and forgotten children.

It really does help to read your post over at least a couple times before submitting it. If it doesn't make perfect sense to you every single time, something needs to be changed.
orangesamurai
orangesamurai
8 posts
Nomad

Well It's not that people spell words like an "Idiot",It's just that people are getting lazier to type long words,For me it is kinda annoying.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Some shorten words are useful like BTW (by the way) or OMG (oh my God) so they don't bother me.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Yep, that also happens to me to... (A LOT) I wish AG forums allows people to delete their posts and re correcting them.

Then again, my dad is an intelligent man but he texts like an idiot!

Well, its kind of different when using mobile phones. It's kind of frustrating to type using a keypad or a touchscreen. So, people tend to use short-forms or emotes to make their lives easier.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I have the same problem. I do enjoy good grammar and correct sentencing, but it's far too easy to make mistakes on technology. I mean, we type fast or our keys stick. It's a pain.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I always try to write proper English, allthough I do have the 'usual suspects' popping up in my sentences every now and then, but they are unintended of course.

I really hate the short 'txt' that is used with texting... that's just awful!

W8 r u 4 real? I h8 that! is a perfect example of lazyness.

And I can be just as upset as you are Salvidian, when I read a message/post from a few days ago and discover that I type-o'd like a madman!
*facepalms* (o.O)
Can I borrow that bat from you? =)

Showing 31-38 of 39