ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do if you saw a man take an old lady's purse?

48 7169
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Off of my other thread, what would you do if it was in your power to stop a man from taking the lady's purse? Just turn away or stop him?

• 48 Replies
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I would pull out my gun and shoot him in the leg. I don't want to kill him, just make it so he can't run any further.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup would much rather just run up behind him and tackle him.then he would cut him >

Morbid... just morbid, I like that (in a way of course).

How far away is this guy? If he's close enough that you can throw a chair at him, you could probably, just tackle him.

I could throw a chair pretty far actually. But if he is too far then yes I would rather tackle him.

Why get in some fight with a guy over some random ladies purse?

That is a good question... to have a chance to fight? Maybe?
ThatGuyOnBroadway
ThatGuyOnBroadway
28 posts
Nomad

I would do one of these things.

1. I would have called the police or a policeman / police car that was nearby. Perhaps i could get a little green paper... who knows?

However, if i was feeling brave, if my mom / dad wasn't there, and if i were in one of those italian courtyards where there are those tables...

2. I'd pick up one of the small latticework-style tables, run in fron of him, then, drop it behind me. If he wasn't too athletic, i would be fine, considering i'm not the greatest runner. Also, i lie to throw large, blunt objects. I just haven't done it very often... *sigh* the broken dreams...

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I'm a pretty weak girl, I couldn't assault him or even run away from him so it'd depend on how busy the street is.. I would call the police whilst screaming for someone to stop the guy before he gets away if there were a bunch of people within distance.

Then again, I live in East London so no one would listen and/or care, and the guy who took the lady's purse would be running to join his gang down the road and probably would have hurt the lady too. I would definitely walk right on by then.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Then again, I live in East London so no one would listen and/or care

East London? Easy.

"Hoy! Get back heye with that puhse, you bloody mongrel!"
"Right away, mate."
BlueCup
BlueCup
2 posts
Nomad

"Right away, mate."

http://i.imgur.com/idAaA.gif
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

That is a good question... to have a chance to fight? Maybe?

I guess that isn't too bad of reason, but what if you lose?

East London? Easy.

"Right away, mate."

LoL Twice in one thread you've made my day Ernie.
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

i would totaly run after the dude and tackle hime even if he is kinda big your going to be on a street with a bunch of people its not like hes going to beat you to death.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

East London? Easy.

"Right away, mate."

That was a good one. I never knew it was that easy, I had no clue how to get someones purse back in London. Awesome!

i would totaly run after the dude and tackle hime even if he is kinda big your going to be on a street with a bunch of people its not like hes going to beat you to death.

Has tackling been mentioned more then ten times already? I swear it has.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Where would I be in relation to the man? If he was running towards me I could just trip him.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

If he was running towards me I could just trip him.

Yes, for the burglar would be too distracted to notice your discreet plan to place your foot in front of his path and trip him! Spot on idea, for this you have received your crime stopper badge! Congratulations young trainer, you have ranked up to level two in the academy.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Yes, for the burglar would be too distracted to notice your discreet plan to place your foot in front of his path and trip him!

He's not going to be watching the ground while he's running, unless he has some physical disability that causes his head to crane towards the ground while he's running. He wouldn't see it unless he was expecting it.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I do not know what he would want in the purse with all the security things that are in place. I would probably start yelling at him. I would not want to get involved like fighting unless he started it. So I would just start screaming at him.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

"Right away, mate.

Not sure whether to facepalm or lol....

Well, old women are my main sorce of income. So, he technically is stealing my money that I was about to steal. So he better get his dang hands off my money
In that case, I would throw the old lady at him. Then maybe beat him with her walker and/or cane until he gives me my money. Stupid little sh*t.
benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
8 posts
Peasant

I probably wouldn't confront him. It's just money, and I'm not going to attack a criminal for someone else's money. I would try to get a picture or a good look so I could tell the cops though.

Showing 16-30 of 48