ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do if you saw a man take an old lady's purse?

48 7168
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Off of my other thread, what would you do if it was in your power to stop a man from taking the lady's purse? Just turn away or stop him?

• 48 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

STAB STAB STAB STAB SLASH STAB SLASH and another STAB and another SLASH

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

eh, i guess id laugh it off.

Azywng
Azywng
373 posts
Shepherd

I would take the purse and give it to the old lady. Then prepare to fight the man.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I would take the purse and give it to the old lady. Then prepare to fight the man.

So you would go up to this man, who is probably running, snatch the purse because it's so easy to snatch a purse from a moving target, walk back to the old lady, hand her her purse, then walk all the way back to the man who is supposedly just standing there waiting for you and fight him?

Not to criticize your idea or anything, but I think you could accomplish everything you wanted to in this situation without taking multiple trips back and forth.
ShadowDrake
ShadowDrake
6 posts
Nomad

Rugby Tackle him to da flooorz! Or just use FUS RO DAH!

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

If he had a gun I would go away and call the cops. If not, I would try to stop him.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

If he was running towards me I could just trip him.

What if he was running away from you?

STAB STAB STAB STAB SLASH STAB SLASH and another STAB and another SLASH

Why is people are so violent these days?

eh, i guess id laugh it off.

What if the old lady was your grandma? Still laugh it off?
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Heck, if it was either of my grandmothers, they would beat the man to the point of him needing a therapist.
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

I would be laughing myself all the way to a psychologist because that would mean my grandmother rose from the dead.

If he had a gun I would go away and call the cops. If not, I would try to stop him.

And when he outruns you, you would be to blame for his escape because you tried to be the hero and save the day. Just inform the authorities right away, it's the best way to handle this situation. Make sure you get a good look at the burglar so you will be able to identify an approximate age, height, and what they were wearing/carrying any weapons.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I would chase that lowlife piece of poo down, tackle him hard so he smashes face down to the ground, quickly jump on him in a WWF style 'flying tank move', throw him on his back, look him straight in the eye and say...

"Mine!"

...then run to the nearest store to buy some hard earned candy. Heh...

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Something like this

kicking people in the face is great.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'd use my Smash Ball to blow 'em up. I never leave home without it.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Ahh the smash ball. Probably the most obnoxious item in the game. Also, the most effective against people robbing old ladies.

Azywng
Azywng
373 posts
Shepherd

So you would go up to this man, who is probably running, snatch the purse because it's so easy to snatch a purse from a moving target, walk back to the old lady, hand her her purse, then walk all the way back to the man who is supposedly just standing there waiting for you and fight him?

Not to criticize your idea or anything, but I think you could accomplish everything you wanted to in this situation without taking multiple trips back and forth.

Okay. Then I try to knock him down with a nightstick or other blunt instrument. Then kick him while he's down to make sure he doesn't get back up. Then get the purse and give it back to its owner.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Heck, if it was either of my grandmothers, they would beat the man to the point of him needing a therapist.

Hmmmm... I didn't consider the fact that most grandmas don't go down without a fight.

I would be laughing myself all the way to a psychologist because that would mean my grandmother rose from the dead.

Merely an example. You weren't supposed to take it literally.
Showing 31-45 of 48