ForumsThe TavernChores

12 2509
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Does anyone actually still do chores for the dimes and nickels? Or what chores are you tasked with doing? Anything domestic job related here.

• 12 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Not anymore as I'm a full time worker for over 15 years already... but I used to mow the lawn for a few quid during summer time! =)

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

The only chore I get paid for is lawn mowing. I'll usually mow it for about $15. But yeah summer's the best for lawn mowing I also have to clean my bathroom/shower, wash cars, vacuum, just plain clean up, and a couple more that I do every once and a while. That reminds me I should be doing some chores right now.... or FIFA 13 haha.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I have chores, but I do not really get paid for them :/. I just have to do them with no other option or I get in trouble. I do not a lot of chores though so I guess it is an even system. My and my brother alternate on chores for example, this is my chore list
Mon: Sweep and vacuum and take out the trash
Tues: Empty and fill dish washer and clean the counter tops
Wed: Laundry (all day long... O_O it takes forever)
Thurs: Empty and fill dish washer
Fri: sweep and trash
Sat: Misc. (basically there is nothing assigned this day but we do whatever)

So that is what I do. I do not think it is a big deal. Plus, both of my parents work so I think it is fine with me and my brother to do some work as well.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

What up guys, I'm the designates toilet cleaner. Humph.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I do chores but I stopped getting paid past the age 11. So with that being said I decreased the chores I do by 75%. Now a days I either scrub the toilet, wash the dishes, or vacuum the rug. Thats it. And I always say "Hey work isn't free, you want the full cleaning package there has to be money on the table". There still isn't any money so it is just doing chores when Im bored (but sometimes when Im bored I wont do chores). Im waiting till I get some money.. =)

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Sometimes I wonder what chores are like for a small family, or even, god forbid, a single person that lives alone. I do everything my parents do, from changing diapers to giving baths, steaming the carpet, to hosing off the dog, and from cleaning the garage to organizing the attic. I do it all, and every second not spent on hobbies is spent doing chores. Hell, I ate dinner while mopping the kitchen today.

I envy Ernie.

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

walk the dogs.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I do a lot of chores around the house, but I rarely ever get money for it, unless it leads to some monetary gain for my parents, then I get like half of that.

I don't mind doing chores for free, as long as it's enjoyable.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Who doesn't have chores? Unless you're rich and lazy and have underpaid illegal Mexicans to do it for you.
I collect the trash and put them out and I still mow the lawn; the season should be over soon I hope. I also take turn with my GF to do the laundry, cook and vacuum. Laziness doesn't exist in my world, except for the week ends except for when I have to work but I make good $$$ then. xD

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Well, I do chores aroung the house sometimes, but I don't get paid for them. I rely on family gatherings and birthdays for money. Then I get a pretty big payday from those.

canada24
canada24
12 posts
Nomad

wash the dishes

Showing 1-11 of 12