ForumsThe TavernDid my laptop battery fry out?

7 2437
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Ok I am on limited time here, only about an hour. About an hour ago a beep was heard, and my computer heated up. I heard a pop, now my battery wont charge. It smells like burning dust, so I do not know if dust messed with it. So is it fried or not? Oh yeah, I am sorry mods if this is in the wrong place, I do not know where this thread should be.

• 7 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

You are right about one thing... this thread and topic should actually be posted in the Support & Suggestions forum wflag10.

As for your problem... I'm not a computer technician and you should really have it looked at by one (for real!), but I do believe that a fried battery is exacly the case right here.
When it's exactly like you described it, with the heatup, pop and burning dust smell, I think you're going to need a new battery. Sorry! =/

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It's a tavern question. S&S is AG related.

OP, my laptop went that way too, to meet it's creator. You might want to throw away the battery fast in case it leaks. But get it to the technician first.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

It's a tavern question. S&S is AG related.

That's what you say it is for nicho... a fresh new-to-AG person wouldn't be able to find any reference as to what the S&S is for other than help.

Find me the reference and proove me wrong?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

"Need help with the site? Have a suggestion? Post here."

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

please. children. calm yourselves, a man's laptop is at stake here.
check to see if the battery has leaked, if so, then your laptop has gone to the office max in the sky. if not, take it out before it does leak and take it (along with the battery) to a repair shop

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Ok I am on limited time here, only about an hour. About an hour ago a beep was heard, and my computer heated up. I heard a pop, now my battery wont charge. It smells like burning dust, so I do not know if dust messed with it

You're talking about a laptop, right? You should remove the battery right away before it leaks and make more damage.
Buy a new battery or use it with a power cord.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Thanks guys, read your suggestion's on my desktop. You guys saved my laptop . I took it to my local computer store (yes the battery was fried, so i had to pay for a new one D: ). But now it's charging again. Thank you.

Showing 1-7 of 7