ForumsGamesAngry birds is a ripoff

23 7752
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

So, according to this angry birds is a rip off of crush the castle what are you thoughts about it.

• 23 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I had the same thought momentarily when it first came out...

but to be honest, isn't the entire concept of a launch type/take out the targets game done a lot? Everything builds from each other and unless the mechanics are exactly the same, graphics and goals and general items, I don't consider it to be a rip-off to much extent.

Why is this in the WEPR anyways? Shouldn't this be in Flash Games?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Something tells me it wouldn't be a very fun game...

http://i.imm.io/HyBv.png

Screenshots of CTC and Angry Birds.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I think I know where you found the link from! It's either from the site itself, or...

{Moving to flash games}

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

That was the first thing I thought of when I first saw Angry Birds. Then I played Angry Birds and realized it was much worse than Crush The Castle.

On the other hand, you probably haven't heard of Crush the Castle, an online Flash game that was released a mere eight months before Angry Birds

Yeah. Not like it has over 20 million plays or anything.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

there are very few ripoffs of other games, games can have the same principles but not be copies or knockoffs. take for instance video games (not necessarily flash games or other) first person shooters, they all have (to a degree) the same principles and whatnot. but they're not just knockoffs of other games, if that was the case, then most every game would just be another ripoff. call of duty and battlefield would just be another copy of whatever the first FPS was. same with the elder scrolls, or SSX or forza or pretty much any other game you could think of

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

@ManlyMan, The very first FPS was Doom,

Never knew which came first, but Angry Birds is more difficult to complete (plus) but has less variation (con) when compared to CTC.

I now respect ConArtists for being responsible for the second greatest time waster for Iphone, best time waster is fruit ninja.

~~~Darth Caedus

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Angry Birds really isn't that special. There's tons of "launch stuff at buildings" games. But CTC is more fun; it's got a bunch of different weapons.

Dragonlizard7
Dragonlizard7
23 posts
Nomad

Well, there are many games like CTC, so it isn't necessarily a ripoff.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Well, there are many games like CTC, so it isn't necessarily a ripoff.

The gameplay is pretty much the same, the idea is the same, and the whole idea in general is the same.

Also, since there isn't many games like CTC, it's fairly easy to find out where one got the idea for Angry Birds.
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I agree with tatical fish I'm pretty sure ctc wasn't the first game of its type just one of the most sucessful ones that was awesome and fun

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

You know, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw Angry Birds about two years ago.

However, although the concept of different projectiles plus abilities from projectiles sounds the same in word, it could hardly be called the same in two games like those.

Not to mention the enemy concept is somewhat different as well.

viperx99
viperx99
24 posts
Nomad

Didn't Angry Birds come out first on the phone and Crush the Castle came out on AG? I've see a few games similar to CtC, they're all just launch games with a little variation (Flight, Hedgehog launch)

randy295
randy295
42 posts
Nomad

HEY ANGRY BIRDS ISNT A RIPOFF!

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Not to mention the enemy concept is somewhat different as well.

Enemies in Angry Birds vary in health, and you can't really call it a ripoff, just because not much variation can be allowed in that category.

~~~Darth Caedus
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Enemies in Angry Birds vary in health,

Not exactly, it's just their armor.
Showing 1-15 of 23