ForumsThe TavernWhich is nerdier Starwars or Lord of the Rings

17 3896
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm not asking which ones the best I'm asking which one is nerdier please state your oppinion here on which is nerdier.

• 17 Replies
StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

LoTR is set in a world limited to weapons requiring some strength to use. "Followers" roleplaying its elements need to train up a little to lift stuff, thus limiting nerdiness.
Star Wars is science fiction - note the word science, much nerdier. Even if you want to roleplay it with maximal safe realism lightswords weigh no more than a flashlight and laser guns have next to no knockback. Not much physical stuff to do, all mind, all nerdy.

I still like both

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

star wars is definitely more nerdier, as it has space ships, lightsabers, blasters, and all sorts of fun stuff. (alien invasion, rebellion)

LoTR, is just a bunch of people duking it out with swords and spears and magic, not much nerdiness to be found there.

~~~Darth Caedus

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Star Wars is nerdier. I mean, come on, Death Star, or Mordor, which is nerdier?
Both have amazing musical scores, but it's less embarrassing to have the Isengard ringtone then it is to have the Imperial March.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Star Wars is nerdier, most defiantly. Lord of the Rings has swords, shields, boats, and actual REAL things in it so it isn't to nerdy (or at all). Laser Swords, Ships flying at the speed of light, and "I am your father" is all nerdy to me, so Star Wars takes the cake.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

" And, the award for nerdiest film series ever goes tooooo................Star Wars!" I mean like everyone else said, you think you would find a light saber or a the Death Star around anyone? LoTR has real things that you can use, swords, spears, bows. The only thing is the magic. And like Stdrake said, note the word " science"

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Neither. Everything is nerdy if they show enough enthusiasm.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Arguing about nerdy topics=super nerdiness. X3

They're both equally nerdy. Everyone loves Star Wars, but I have to say fewer people like LotR. I love both, though. I think it's easier for non-nerds to handle Star Wars because it's from the '80s. Think about it. Most of our culture today came from the '80s. Even leg warmers are coming back! XD

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

And Minotaur, I think we all know that magic is completely nerdy. Hobbits. Doesn't that sound the least bit nerdy? However, I admit Star Wars is completely nerdy, but both series have very solid story structures. A lot of people think Star Wars is a bunch of idiots fighting with laser guns and piloting spaceships, but it has some really solid stuff. Star Wars was even slightly based on random bits of mythology and even religions. When Ben Kenobi gave Luke his father's lightsaber, it was just like Excalibur, and the principle of The Force is based on parts of Hinduism.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

Starwars all the way. LOTR is a lot more realistic.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Considering it seems like many "cool" people around play games of the Elder Scrolls which seems decently like the events and I know many "nerds" who go nuts over Star Wars.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,797 posts
Chamberlain

starwars. just the whole thing seems so much more nerd-like than LOTR

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

And Minotaur, I think we all know that magic is completely nerdy. Hobbits. Doesn't that sound the least bit nerdy?

Magic is not nerdy, Hollywood makes it nerdy. And Hobbits aren't nerdy, its basically a mythical name for a midget.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

And Hobbits aren't nerdy, its basically a mythical name for a midget.

Hobbits were real they are called flores men they found fossil evidence.
PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

Star Wars by far is nerdier.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Hobbits were real they are called flores men they found fossil evidence.

Aha! I knew it! So it isn't mythical, you see. Facts are not nerdy, Star Wars is.
Showing 1-15 of 17