ForumsThe TavernNocturnals

23 3102
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Anyone else an owl too? I don't like sleeping early, for a myriad of reasons. Bored. Work. Coffee. Save time. It depends.

Or are you a day person?

Three in the morning.

• 23 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I used to stay up late nearly every night, but my sleep schedule has been perfect for the past couple weeks and I intend to keep it this way. Going to bed at 10/11pm and waking up at 8/9am.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

On weekdays I generally go to bed at 9:00pm and get up bright and early in the morning at 4:30am. I do a lot of chores in the morning, so, you know how it is.

I don't have a sleep schedule for the weekends; sometimes I go to bed at 3:00am, other times at 6:00pm. Whenever I feel like it, basically.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I always manage to sleep for 7 hours at night from 2AM to 9AM when I need to wake for school. Seven hours is pretty good and in that "optimum" range. Only thing is I have this problem where I sleep almost immediately after I return for 3-4 hours. I swear its narcolepsy, but I don't have the rest of the nastiness that follows it.

In fact I think I'll sleep now.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Sun-thurs I will get somewhere between 2-4 hours of sleep

Fri and sat I usually get about 6-8 hours (would have less...but no one wakes me up and if I set my alarm it just gets turned off before it has a chance to wake me up)

Everytime I'm at school and people complain how they "only got 3 hours of sleep last night" I like to tell them (with a big grin on my face) how for the past few months I come to school with an average of 3 hours of sleep everyday. That magically makes them stop complaining

I'm not a fan of sleep...I see it as a waste of human life and all the wonderful experiences one can have

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Everytime I'm at school and people complain how they "only got 3 hours of sleep last night" I like to tell them (with a big grin on my face) how for the past few months I come to school with an average of 3 hours of sleep everyday. That magically makes them stop complaining

I'm not a fan of sleep...I see it as a waste of human life and all the wonderful experiences one can have

I see that you are a morning person, I take it? Huh, not a fan of sleep? I like sleep. Too bad i don't get enough of it. Maybe 6-7 hours a night. I'm not like pang, who basically is like an owl. I'm not a morning person, but give me a coffee, and I'm set to roll.
116 posts
Nomad

School for me starts at 8, need to get up at 7 to get ready and have time to get there. Usually go to sleep around 3 or 4 though. On weekends, I tend to go 5/6 a.m to 11 am. So, kinda.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I need lots of sleep so I am more of a morning person. I can stay up pretty late, but I crash if I have to do anything the next day.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I usually go to sleep late, like at 3 am or so. On a school day no less. So yes I am very Nocturnal. I prefer not to sleep so I like going to sleep late.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I would definitely say I'm a "day person." I go to bed at about 9:45-10:00 on weekdays albeit it can change depending on homework. I mostly do the same on weekends, except if there's a good college football game on I'll probably go to bed later. I love my sleep, it doesn't change and It's calming to me.

Would there really be much to do when everyone else is asleep at 4:00 am?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I prefer to be awake during the daytime as little as possible. For some reason, I'm always tired and unenthusiastic when the sun is out. I can really only think clearly at night; for some reason or another, sunlight seems to cloud my thinking processes.

Of course, my work schedule conflicts with my ideal sleeping patterns, so waking up at 7 am unnaturally means that I'm going to fall asleep fairly early; as in, I'll fall asleep the same day I woke up. I try to avoid that whenever I can but sometimes I'm so bored that sleep is the best option.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*Wakes up, gets out of bed, goes to computer and turns it on, goes to armorgames community, goes to this thread then notices the time, and starts screaming and breaking everything.*

So you wonder if I'm a night person. Well the answer is yes.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I see that you are a morning person, I take it?

Technically yes, since I am always up around 3-4 in the morning haha

Would there really be much to do when everyone else is asleep at 4:00 am?

A lot more than just laying there doing nothing (spare dreaming)
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I have a pretty standard mon-Friday I go to sleep at 11 and I wake up at 6-7, depens on my schedule. And fridaynight I go to sleep at 1 and wake up Saturdaymorning at 10. Saturdaynight it is usually 2-3 when I go to sleep, depends on my friends, and I wake up Sunday at 12 for dinner.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I normally sleep anywhere between 1 and 6am and wake up after 12pm so yeah I am very nocturnal

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I am pretty nocturnal, but I also usually get up farily early. So I pretty much am just not much of a sleeper.

Showing 1-15 of 23