ForumsThe Tavernhere is my problem...

10 2167
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

Ok, I have a (I think it is) cold. so I ask you, what are some remedies for a cold?

here are my symptoms, if it's a different ailment, I would be happy to know what it is: scratchy throat, clogged and runny nose, slight headache, and feeling like moldy poop on a stick. (:P)

• 10 Replies
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

For the sore throat, some cough drops or a salt water rinse and dirink lots of water. Runny nose, I don't know, probably some medicine, the ones that say clears nasal congestion, headache, some medicine, I forget the name, but maybe hedache relievers or suck it up, and as for feeling like moldy poop on a stick, no solution. I tyhink its just a cold. But I'm not a doctor.

theawesomnator
theawesomnator
56 posts
Nomad

Yeah I think I would go with that too.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Tea. Any flavor, licorice, berry, lemon, gray. Tea helps nearly all symptoms of a cold.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Mints will help with the stuffy nose and clogged throat.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

oh cool, thanks for the suggestions.

@masterforger I do drink tea, mostly chai in the morning and mint at night.

@red thanks for the suggestions.

@killersup I might need to buy some altoids...

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Try making yourself sneeze. That can make your sinuses drain, which in turn can relieve the headache, stop your throat from being scratchy, and will make your nose clear up.

I usually try this when I have a cold, and it usually speeds up the recovery. I would also recommend that you drink a lot of water, that can relieve the headache too. Also, take it easy until you feel better (don't go and play football or anything like that.)

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

SOUP! Soup always helps.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Drink a lot and sleep a lot. That's all I do when I'm sick, no matter what illness I have, and if anything it speeds up the healing process. My symptoms almost never last more than a few days. *knock on wood*

I'm sort of sick at the moment too, with swollen lymph nodes. Guess which remedy I'm using.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I don't know, when I have a cold it's intense runny nose for one day then it's gone. I usually eat hot soup and drink a lot of tea.
When I have allergy and a scratchy throat I use Cepacol (spray) to numb the pain and have a cough drop.
When I have a stuffy nose I rub my neck with Vicks or Mentholatum and wrap a towel around it and go to bed. I love the smell BTW.
They need to make a perfume out of it. I don't like perfume but I would try this one. xD

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

If you're going to sleep, don't lie flat on your back. Your sinuses will flush out easier if you aren't completely horizontal.

Showing 1-10 of 10