ForumsThe TavernDaylight Savings Time

22 4406
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Just a remider to everyone, daylight savings time ended this morning at 2:00 AM. Don't forget to set your clocks back one hour.

• 22 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

AKA National Extra Gaming Time day. Too bad I'm out of power, that's one of my favorite holidays

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I am so glad that I live in arizona right now, I don't have to deal with Daylight Savings Time.

btw, DST makes absolutely no sense, the day is still 24 hours long.

~~~Darth Caedus

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

I think it's stupid. Messes up my mind badly.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

No >_> I shall keep my clocks the same so I can travel to the future!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I actually didn't know it was DST until late last night, when I looked at my computer clock and then at my watch and noticed that my watch was suddenly an hour ahead of my computer. Since my watch doesn't have the capability to just jump ahead on its own like that, I figured my computer set itself back for whatever reason. I looked at my phone and it too had set itself back an hour. I put two and two together, got five, and figured that it must be that time of year again. That time of year when we come to our senses and stop using outdated farmer time.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

Eh, America obviously works different to over here.

Our clocks went backward an hour last Saturday (really Sunday but bleh) at 2am.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Oh I forgot it was daylight savings today, until I got up and wondered why nobody else was up. Made it down the stairs before I looked at my phone. Then of course I figured it out and went back to bed for another hour. It's always so confusing.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I don't care about daylight savings and I don't need to, my phone automatically does this for me. =) However..... my sisters clock hasn't been set to the right time.... I think I will leave the clock like that.....

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup once heard from a meany head " Only America can make you think that you're getting more time in the day." This man was not right in the head.But he made Killersup think, what was the original reason for "day lights saving time"

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Killersup once heard from a meany head " Only America can make you think that you're getting more time in the day." This man was not right in the head.But he made Killersup think, what was the original reason for "day lights saving time"

I think I can answer that killersup. What actually happens is that in a day there is actually like just under 24hrs or just above 24 hours (it has something to do with the stars and the sun or something like that, or in another term, astronomy). I forget which, but since it is more logical to say we have 24 hours in a day instead of 23 hours and 57 minutes we say we have 24 hours in a day... So in the end we need to use Daylight Savings Time and go back an hour, and then later on go ahead an hour to make up for the time we missed or gained.

Hope that makes enough sense for you to understand, if not, well to bad, nothing I can do except recommend that you use google
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Daylight savings time is good to keep track of time. I would not want to go to school 1 hour late nor early. That is the reason for Daylight Savings Time, TO SAVE TIME! (The words explains it).

Which of you guys here in AG does not get enough sleep or oversleeps?
(I get 6-8 hours of sleep)

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Daylight savings time is good to keep track of time. I would not want to go to school 1 hour late nor early. That is the reason for Daylight Savings Time, TO SAVE TIME! (The words explains it).

Wait, whut.

Daylight Savings was started in order to give farmers and such an extra hour of daylight to work in. You would not be waking up earlier or later. Or doing anything earlier or later. It would just be darker sooner or later in the day depending on the time of the year. It saves no time in reality.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

oops, wrong button
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/21902_409837919088253_372244099_n.jpg

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I like DST. Now I can ride my bike to school instead of taking the nasty yellow bus!

Of course as the point of DST is to make it brighter in the morning (at least in Ohio it gets brighter).

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

DST just ended, (I think), although it would make more sense to have it in the winter, when the sun goes down earlier, and the farmers are more likely to need that extra hour of light.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 1-15 of 22