ForumsQuests[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

605 280102
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Check our Facebook/Twitter/Google+

Also be sure to follow us!

• 605 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Can't be arsed to read through the comments at this time of the night, but reducing the size of the badges would be welcome.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Can't be arsed to read through the comments at this time of the night, but reducing the size of the badges would be welcome.

It has been suggested a few times. I hope they do some changes to the profiles because right now it looks too crowded.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We certainly hear everybody about the size of the Shields, trust me.

We are not shunning the community. What most people don't realize is the destructive side of the AP system. I personally have destroyed 15,000 blank messages spammed to game pages off JUST ONE USER who just wanted to have the highest Armor Points ranking. This isn't a valuable experience for anybody on the site.

Quests is the first step to changing out direction, and rewarding people for playing games. We will be developing ways to reward community, I really like the idea of Quests that reward real community involvement - and not just commenting "GG" on a game page.

Finally, Legacy Quests from serf to king are just that. Legacy. For those asking how do I get a bigger rank? It's not possible any longer.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I noticed that too, except that they only give me the armatars up to my original AP count.

Argh saw that too...now I'll never get to know what the rest were D=
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I personally have destroyed 15,000 blank messages spammed to game pages off JUST ONE USER who just wanted to have the highest Armor Points ranking. This isn't a valuable experience for anybody on the site.

I agree. I've been a member since 2009. However, since lots of people spam comments, games, forum posts, and game ratings, plenty of people who had been on the site for about 2 months had higher rankings then me.

It's frustrating to see people who actually play the games and have thoughtful posts appear as users who don't go on the site often and don't contribute. While spammers and kids who just click the ratings button look like decorated heroes.

I personally tried to play and rate all the games. Starting from the older games and going to the newer. It would literally take hours to play the through a page of games. I had to play the games, rate them, and then write a 5 to 8 sentence review. It took a long time. Then I would see all sorts of new users, who hadn't been on the site more than a few months, with every single game rated. My only reaction is that there is no possible way, unless you were so dedicated to play on the site hours on end everyday.

Now you actually have to play the games and have some sort of skill to earn the rewards.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

What most people don't realize is the destructive side of the AP system. I personally have destroyed 15,000 blank messages spammed to game pages off JUST ONE USER who just wanted to have the highest Armor Points ranking.

So have I !!! We have so much in common

This isn't a valuable experience for anybody on the site.

And now the Quest system is! Now we have relevant, constructive competition. Instead of competing for AP by commenting/rating as much as you can, you are competing for skill. By completing these Quests, we actually know you're &quotlaying the ||||||||| game."
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I can honestly say that I didn't spam before they added the quests instead of AP. At least I didn't once I found out what the definition of spamming was on this site, but I liked the AP better than quests because it gave more to work for. The quests are fun, but I liked the AP better.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

, we actually know you're &quotlaying the ||||||||| game."

Well actually I spend half the time wanting to cuss and break the game. So is that really playing it?

I think once more quests are added and there is a ranking system for the quests people will be happier. Right now people just do not like how they cannot easily judge if they are ahead of someone.
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I have reconsidered. I do like the quests. They are very involving, and a nice way to show that you're good at a game.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Well actually I spend half the time wanting to cuss and break the game. So is that really playing it?

The NES gamers from the 80s want to have a word with you. Besides, completing a quest shows you played the game for at least 10 minutes, something completely unknowable in the past. Now you're gaining points legitimately!

I think once more quests are added and there is a ranking system for the quests people will be happier.

No doubt in my mind they are on that like peanutbutter on a mousetrap.
vivan
vivan
4 posts
Templar

tl;dr
Some suggestions:
1) Trophies, erm, Quests rarity. It's % of people who completed the quest (from unique logged in players who played that game).
Show rariest completed quests in your profile. Simething like this. And this.

2) Merge quests by game. In quests list, in your profile, everywhere... Show % of completed quests from the game. Like this.

3) Quest Points instead of APs. For harder quests you get more points... Level system and so on.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

we actually know you're &quotlaying the ||||||||| game."

Dude..I love that game

I think once more quests are added and there is a ranking system for the quests people will be happier.

How would that work? Like.."you have completed this quest! Here is 10 points!"?
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Finally, Legacy Quests from serf to king are just that. Legacy. For those asking how do I get a bigger rank? It's not possible any longer.

Can I suggest that we just get the last rank we obtained, i.e. wood king. This way we don't have all those unnecessary ranks lying around on the profile. Not that it's a big deal or anything, just a small suggestion.

Now you're gaining points legitimately!

Not if you hack.. That brings me to the hacking problem you're going to have. Trust me there will be hackers more then ever with the quests, and now instead of spammers, you might have to worry about hackers more than that.

Also, is this new or am I just dumb and have missed it for such a long time, or is it just my browser:

http://i45.tinypic.com/sbjx1v.png

I love the fact that I can now see the whole post instead of scrolling. I'm so dumb if I have missed this for such a long time..
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Also, is this new or am I just dumb and have missed it for such a long time, or is it just my browser:

This has been around =p
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The reason we gave all the legacy badges is because one day you may want to be a sliver surfer, and if you can have it as your Armatar. Who shouldn't you be able to.

Showing 436-450 of 605