ForumsGamesGame of the year.

121 25243
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This could be any game released this year, from spelunky to halo 4.

• 121 Replies
outlawd28
outlawd28
2 posts
Nomad

Halo 4

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Halo 4

And why do you say that?
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

And why do you say that?

And why did you say that?

The game isn't original

I just looked through some games trying to find a game that plays like the walking dead and is executed well. Unfortunately (I really wanted to find more...) the only one I could find was heavy rain (Which I've already played).

I'm not going to be an idiot here and say that "OMG LULZ WALKING DEAD, SO ORIGINALZ" but I will say that it is a fantastic game. Do I think it should be game of the year? No way! Dishonored or borderlands all the way. However I don't think that just because it isn't completely original it will change how good the game is. If it isn't original the game can still be good. If the title was "Most ground breaking game of the year" I would totally agree with you and laugh at people who thought otherwise but for game of the year I think it was a worthy contender. It was executed well, the story was excellent (Although a bit cheesy) and it gave you something to think about after you finished the game. It isn't completely original but I haven't ever seen a zombie CYOA ever. Along with the mass market with zombies it also appeals to people who like a compelling story and is why (In my opinion of course) I think it was a great game.

Also just because it is zombies doesn't mean it has to directly confine what you can do while keeping to the theme. Sure no one has done it yet but all it takes is someone who is willing to try it out and not be only concerned with, "We might not make money..." and the new game could come out. We just need a developed to strike at the right time.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

However I don't think that just because it isn't completely original it will change how good the game is.

for those here that think i do..... i dont.
but i agree whit IAgreeWithYou that it in no way should be GotY
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

what is there to twist about zombies? if the zombies change, the public wont like it. (running, swimming and ladder climbing zombies have been tried and failed.)

They most certainly have not failed. The Left 4 Dead series has running zombies that can also climb. They made the game unique by adding special infected that each had a unique threat. There is always a twist available.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

And why did you say that?

To try to get an answer other than spam

Do I think it should be game of the year? No way!

In my opinion..the game should at least have a reasonable amount of success in sales..a very reasonable.
tim1000
tim1000
34 posts
Nomad

I would say black ops 2 or far cry 3.
Black ops 2 because I like all CODS and I like the new point system and pick 10 create a class.
Far cry 3 beacause it is a open world game with guns which I like and that the game has a wide range of animals to hunt and people to fight.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I would say black ops 2 or far cry 3.

First off I cant see why COD would every get a game of the year. You can always count it to be well, just another COD. Every COD seems the same to me with the variation of new maps and few guns. At least TF2 doesnt make you buy a new game every year just for new weapons and Maps.

I Can also say that I think Borderlands 2 has a good chance along with Far Cry 3. MAybe Assasins Creed 3.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I loved Dishonored a lot, it kinda deserves at least partial recognition as a good game. ACIII does not win. BO2 does not win. ACIII because of its lack of a good protagonist (I shouldn't want to kill the main character more than the main villain) and BO2 because it's another piece of recycled trash.
Farcry 3, maybe, I haven't played it but the videos I have watched make it stand out a bit. Though I do not consider Vaas a very good villain.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I bought around 20 games last year. This year I only bought Assassin's Creed III. It's not that I don't have the money - it's just that nothing has been appealing. I have played about a dozen 2012 games extensively by borrowing from friends, and none of them have been great. 2012 was not a good year.

ACIII - No
Borderlands 2 - Maybe
BO2 - Maybe
Hitman - No
Halo 4 - Probably the only real contender
Mass Effect 3 - Maybe
The Waling Dead - No
Dishonored - Maybe

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

It's not that I don't have the money - it's just that nothing has been appealing. I have played about a dozen 2012 games extensively by borrowing from friends, and none of them have been great. 2012 was not a good year.

While Dishonored was a decent game with nice gameplay, it was just too short. ME 3 did some amazing stuff with multiplayer. I didn't get into Hitman, so can't say much.

Oliver Twist is more exciting than AC3. The Walking Dead is seriously just an interactive movie that can be played on your phone. Borderlands 2 has some promise. Halo 4 has a serious objective problem. "Destroy these 3" "Press these buttons on the opposite sides of the map to go there."

At least 2013 is looking up:
-Devil may Cry (lolwut new dante)
- Bioshock Infinite
- Tomb Raider
- Metal Gear Rising
- GTA V (Screw PC gamers. Sincerely, Rockstar)
- The Last of Us
- Beyond: Two Souls (If we're lucky)
- Ni no Kuni

Looks like a good year for PS3, and hopefully its last year too. It's time for some new consoles.

You should try this online management game, named MarketGlory. It got me interested from the first time I played it. The more you play, the more options you have, and you can convert your virtual currency into real money, too. I am so glad that there are browser-based management games, too, nowadays. With just a few minutes of your time a day, you can make pretty much extra money.

Oh wow, so the game got you, the user "marketglory", interested the first time you played? Seems legit.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

You left out Watch Dogs, which does have a 2013 release date, all rumors aside that say otherwise. That, The last of us, and Beyond seem to be the GOTY canidates so far for 2013. And I agree with the new console statement, but I haven't begun to save up for it yet. I just hope they allow for cross-gen gaming, otherwise all my PS3 games are going to go to waste. :|

megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

Heavy Rain was good, Darksiders 2 was also good.

McFly9902
McFly9902
1 posts
Nomad

Uncharted 3 all the way people!

hector0150
hector0150
4 posts
Shepherd

BO2 is bomb

Showing 76-90 of 121