ForumsGamesGame of the year.

121 25272
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This could be any game released this year, from spelunky to halo 4.

• 121 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Hmm... 2012... the best of the best: Diablo III

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

My Game of the year for 2013 so far? It's tied between Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3(even if DS3 was mainstreamed)

T_Slice
T_Slice
42 posts
Shepherd

Bioshock infinite or Mass effect not halo you asswipes or Ac3. and WTF hitman, seriously NO

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

If you'd asked me a month ago I'd have said nothing could possibly beat BioShock Infinite. But The Last of Us did it.

The only upcoming games that seem to have a remote chance of beating The Last of Us, right now, are Watch Dogs and Beyond: Two Souls, and I wouldn't bet on it.

TeslaGuy
TeslaGuy
959 posts
Nomad

Kingdom Rush will always be

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Hmm... 2012... the best of the best: Diablo III
Really? Over on the blizzard forums all I hear is how bad that game was.

Doesn't matter, there can only be one game of the year, and Super Smash Bros: Universe will take that title as soon as it comes out. (that or Battlefront 3)

~~~Darth Caedus
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Super Smash Bros: Universe

Right now there hasn't been a confirmed title. Most news outlets are calling it SSB: Next. But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's going to win GOTY. That or GTAV will.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Kingdom Rush will always be

Lol.

Super Smash Bros: Universe

Really? Yet another game that's the same as the previous installments. A new IP should GOTY this year, not a rehash. My bets are on The Last of Us or Destiny.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Really? Yet another game that's the same as the previous installments.

Have you ever played SSB? The differences between the games are ginormous. The only way they could be considered "rehashes" is because they have platformer-qualities, which, you know, a lot of games do.

A new IP should GOTY this year, not a rehash.

I don't mind rehashes. If they're quality and they bring something new to the table, what's so wrong? It's best game of the year, not excluding sequels or anything that isn't a new IP.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Look, SSB is a fun game and all, but the notion of it being GOTY is laughable. It's just a fun title. I play it every time it comes out, I unlock all the characters, but it's the same thing with added frills with every new installment. They're not even particularly well-balanced fighting games. I love SSB, it's one of my favorite game series, but come on, let's turn down the Nintendo fanboyism.

The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite are doing beautiful things for game narrative. These are games that make an impact. Watch Dogs and Beyond Two Souls might be great too. Maybe GTA V will be a strong contender too, I didn't mention that one.

But I still find TLOU the clear frontrunner, even given upcoming releases.

Andrewlolman
Andrewlolman
82 posts
Scribe

wait can we pick any games that not on the computer

TeslaGuy
TeslaGuy
959 posts
Nomad

Is this about a Flash / Internet game or Desktop / Icon game ?

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Is this about a Flash / Internet game or Desktop / Icon game ?

wait can we pick any games that not on the computer

...Really? We are on the Video Games forum. Not the Flash Games forum. This is for non-flash games, so yes "desktop icon" games. The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, etc.
TeslaGuy
TeslaGuy
959 posts
Nomad

Call Of Duty : Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Command and Conquer : Command and Conquer
Cooking Academy : Cooking Academy
Grand Theft Auto : Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Jewel Quest : Jewel Quest 3
Lego : Lego Star Wars III Clone Wars
Need For Speed : Need For Speed Most Wanted
Plants vs. Zombies :: Plants vs. Zombies
Pokemon : Pokemon Platinum
Sims : Sims 3
Spore : Spore + Creepy & Cute + Galactic Adventures
Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes : Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes
TMNT : TMNT
Wild Earth : Wild Earth Africa
Zoo Tycoon 2 : Zoo Tycoon 2 + African Adventures + Dino Danger + Endangered Species + Extinct Animal + Marine Mania

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Call Of Duty : Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Command and Conquer : Command and Conquer
Cooking Academy : Cooking Academy
Grand Theft Auto : Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Jewel Quest : Jewel Quest 3
Lego : Lego Star Wars III Clone Wars
Need For Speed : Need For Speed Most Wanted
Plants vs. Zombies :: Plants vs. Zombies
Pokemon : Pokemon Platinum
Sims : Sims 3
Spore : Spore + Creepy & Cute + Galactic Adventures
Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes : Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes
TMNT : TMNT
Wild Earth : Wild Earth Africa
Zoo Tycoon 2 : Zoo Tycoon 2 + African Adventures + Dino Danger + Endangered Species + Extinct Animal + Marine Mania

Game of the year isn't really that hard of a concept. This isn't about "Best game of all time", this is about best game of the year. No games released in 2012, or 2008, or any other year than 2013.
Showing 91-105 of 121