ForumsWEPRMall shooting in Oregon

191 61261
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

3 people dead including the shooter. this is on the front page of CNN. i guess somebody went into the mall and started firing an assault rifle at people. multiple others were wounded. this happened literally like 5 minutes from my house. [url=http://www.katu.com/news/local/Shooting-Clackamas-Town-Center-183077691.html] link to news article

• 191 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

@ 404011xz

it really annoys me that you never quote people and never press enter.
all your comments are 1 block.
plz. make it more clear.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

pang I'm not sure how to follow what you said

Simply put...he had a working weapon and had found safety from his threat. He wouldn't have ended his rampage out of fear of not being able to complete his goal

Anyways, it's kinda impossible to get into the mind of a deranged lunatic bent on killing tons of people unless you are one

Actually..it really isn't.
We have 2 kinds of mass killers

1) Public - These people want to be known..they want to become famous. They make sure that the places of their killings are where people will find out of it's happening and where there are large numbers of people (preferably in group settings) so that they have a better chance at having a higher death count. These killers are more prone to suicide after their acts mostly because they had either accomplished their goal and have no need for continuation..or because they feel remorse for what they have done and do not wish to face the consequences that would be given to them.

Public killers are, usually, victims of bullying or abuse. They also have an adolescent Identity status of Identity Diffusion (meaning they make no commitment in regards to future and goals, do no "soul-searching" (they do find themselves, per se), wander without goals, and often becomes angry and rebellious). They have a mindset of "I'll just see what happens"..and eventually nothing usually happens. Then, it goes back to their anger and rebellion...nothing is happening and they want to be remembered/recognized for something. Some end up finding the extreme ways of being remembered/recognized

2) Private - These are what we more commonly refer to as "serial killers". Their killings are not out of fame..but out of a psychopathic/psychotic disorder. They kill for sport, out of intrigue, out of compulsion, out of adrenaline, etc. But they do not wish to be caught or found out. They will attempt to hide the bodies (maybe not get rid of them..but keep them away from public eye) and keep their actions a secret. They do not care about their kill count, nor if anyone finds out..they just care about the act

Private killers most of the time do not feel remorse for their actions (as this would go against the psychopathic ways)..and very rarely kill themselves because of what they had done.

Private killers...as I stated...are usually psychopathic..and thus have an extreme lack of empathy for others. They can also seem completely normal and be those that seemingly have very nice/comfortable lives (John Wayne Gacy) and can also be very charismatic (Ted Bundy)
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

2) Private - These are what we more commonly refer to as "serial killers". Their killings are not out of fame..but out of a psychopathic/psychotic disorder. They kill for sport, out of intrigue, out of compulsion, out of adrenaline, etc. But they do not wish to be caught or found out. They will attempt to hide the bodies (maybe not get rid of them..but keep them away from public eye) and keep their actions a secret. They do not care about their kill count, nor if anyone finds out..they just care about the act

Private killers most of the time do not feel remorse for their actions (as this would go against the psychopathic ways)..and very rarely kill themselves because of what they had done.

Private killers...as I stated...are usually psychopathic..and thus have an extreme lack of empathy for others. They can also seem completely normal and be those that seemingly have very nice/comfortable lives (John Wayne Gacy) and can also be very charismatic (Ted Bundy)

All of Killersup's yes

it wasn't civilians. It was terrorist gunman who planned this attack.

The person who did the shooting was a U.S citizen. A terrorist is someone who makes demands or is trying to further some ends through violent actions. The shooter was crazy, but he wasn't a terrorist.
\\

Why is it in America that when a African America shoots up a store they say that he is pure evil man. Yet, when a "white" man shoots up a school it is all " Oh, he had a mental disease, it is not his fault."
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

The person who did the shooting was a U.S citizen. A terrorist is someone who makes demands or is trying to further some ends through violent actions. The shooter was crazy, but he wasn't a terrorist.

I think he was talking about the embassy attack in Libya for that part, but it's hard to tell due to his block paragraphs.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Why is it in America that when a African America shoots up a store they say that he is pure evil man.

I'm not exactly sure where this is even coming from, but people who say that are either racist or hold prejudiced views. Though a robbery (I presume that's what you mean with shoots up a store) that went out of hand is different from a school massacre.

Yet, when a "white" man shoots up a school it is all " Oh, he had a mental disease, it is not his fault."

Where did anyone say it wasn't his fault? Having a mental illness explains why he did it, it doesn't excuse him from it. As an adult he should have been aware of his own problems as well as his parents, they were irresponsible for leaving a weapon within his reach. I don't have any sort of information regarding the shooter, but he likely should have been on meds and if he was, I bet he wasn't taking them or they weren't what he should have been taking.
wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

Why is it in America that when a African America shoots up a store they say that he is pure evil man. Yet, when a "white" man shoots up a school it is all " Oh, he had a mental disease, it is not his fault."

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/wikipedian_protester.png
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I think that the Michael Douglas film Falling Down is a start towards understanding what goes on in a person when they decide to lash out at the world around them.

thebloxxer
thebloxxer
28 posts
Nomad

If I remember the story, the only reason he did not kill more people was because someone pulled a concealed handgun and aimed at him, but was unable to shoot because of bystanders close by. The robber then retreated to somewhere and shot himself.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

If I remember the story, the only reason he did not kill more people was because someone pulled a concealed handgun and aimed at him, but was unable to shoot because of bystanders close by. The robber then retreated to somewhere and shot himself.

No, he didn't aim at him. He merely stated he could have, but opted not to, for fear of hitting civilians.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

No, he didn't aim at him. He merely stated he could have, but opted not to, for fear of hitting civilians.

No, he aimed at him (see source video @ 1:18 he 'drew up' meaning raised the gun to aim), but opted not to fire for fear of hitting civilians.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

he did aim at him indeed. but didn't shoot because he was afraid of missing. and shooting the people behind him instead.

Showing 181-191 of 191