ForumsNews and FeedbackError with the Legacy Quests

22 9908
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone. I trust that you've all seen the new quest system, and noticed that it gives out special quests for attaining ranks on the old AG point system.

However, they incorrectly reference "silver" ranks, e.g. "silver knight." There were no Silver ranks in the old AG ranking system. Rather, they were called "iron". The progression was wood, iron, gold, not wood, silver, gold.

This isn't really a big deal, but it would be something quite easy to fix. Nonetheless, I'd appreciate it if this could be addressed.

• 22 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/216/7nTnr.png

Why, if you go on Wayback Archives, you can.... oh bloody hell, they are removed there too! Now there's no proof.

You're just going to have to trust the regulars that if you highlighted the "shiny gray" badges, they showed up as "Iron".

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Xzeno is right guys. As a former regular, I can vouch for him.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Yep. That reminds me. Yep. Yeppers. Yeah. Yo!
Change it!

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

The victor writes history, or in this case, the programmers. muahaha!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It really does not matter. Iron=Silver. People call them both.

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Iron is quite different from silver. It must return to it's original origin!
And Xzeno this is a big deal! Don't play it down man... Speak out man! Lead us to victory for the rights of iron badges!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

People with Jennifer Lawrence on their profile.

Guys, I might be a snobby AG purist who is overly sentimental about a place he barely goes to anymore, but I'm backing Xzeno on this one. Is programmer laziness the best excuse for not rectifying this insult to AG's lore and tradition?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I'm aware that you've written the history on the matter. That's the point of this thread. There is an error in your history and I was merely calling attention to it.

I'd leave it at that, but you don't seem to be interested in generating any sort of productive discourse, so I'll be more explicit. If the change to silver was not an oversight, as your post appears to imply, what is the reasoning behind it? Why would you change it to silver?

Because saying it was silver actually fails to reflect the rank attained in any way. I did not attain the rank of Silver Knight in the old AP system. There was never such thing as a silver knight. it was iron knight. Isn't the entire point of these legacy quests to reflect what users did in the previous ranking system? If so, why do the quest descriptions fail to do so on the most basic level? Is it deliberate? If so, for what purpose? Is it an accident? If that, why are you being so dismissive? Regardless, can we get it fixed?

Because personally, if the point of the legacy quests isn't a way of showing what ranks people earned in the old system, I don't understand what point they do have.

People call them both. But only one is correct. Iron and silver are all the same except for the minor fact that one of them was an AG rank and one of them was not. It's not really a big deal, but the distinction matters. One is true and one is false. One is history and one is a mistake. One is a rank I attained, one is the result of hundreds of people being too lazy to read one word.

I don't think I'm asking for much. In fact, I didn't feel like I was asking for anything until I read Boppins' blatantly dismissive response. I'm just suggesting this crazy idea in which the quests associated with old AG rankings actually reflect those rankings.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/10773543/official-quest-feedback-thread/page/36

I noticed this too, (scroll to the bottom of the page I linked to).

The way I see it is this, nearly every one called them silver ranks. One might argue wood, iron, gold, reflects different types of metals and that that is more reminiscent of the whole castle's and knights's theme. But wait, silver is a metal too and fits just as well within that ranking system and theme.

I think calling it an iron rank was either a mistake from the start or something the admins have long wished to change. To me this was a way to correct that mistake. It wasn't really wood or silver either it's pixels at around hue 300, saturation 1, value 61, Red Decimal 155, Green Decimal 154, Blue Decimal 155, or the hex value #9b9a9b. Yup, yup, o.0

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Funny rant. Whatever.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Although I don't care at all that it is silver now instead of iron I must admit it is kind of (not really) a part of AG. I don't think it needs to be a top priority but if there is member's that care I guess it should be fixed.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Iron... silver... who cares?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Nice rant and I have to admit it is well founded, even over a minor topic, but does it matter what the ranks were in the past? The vets know it was "Iron" and they can pass down the legacy to the new members I say! See it as a responsibility that comes with being a vet here... up the Irons! Huzzah! =)

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I think it should be silver, as the ranks were, after all, labeled on the help page as Wood, Silver, and Gold.

But I want a chance to get the higher armatars. (maybe they can base it on how many quests you have)

~~~Darth Caedus

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

You should have been more active, as we old user were.

Showing 1-15 of 22