ForumsThe TavernWhat the brown, katz?

98 22832
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Seriously, I swear that every second post is someone making some insulting remark.

Dammit, you guys would be the angry drunk. It's much nicer in other areas of the forums.

Guess I'll fit right in then...

• 98 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

You guys all knew there was some random guy lurking and decided to put on a disguise.

You know what the difference around here is? Nobody's told you to lurk moar yet.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I was a bit confused by this part of the post. I doubt you were trying to be nice because of the second part of the post but you seem to be giving a example of what could have happen but I doubt it was honest.

1) I wasn't trying to be nice..but I wasn't being mean either. I was asking whether what you have seen was actually someone being mean..or just someone commenting on what another person said and you construed it as mean.

2) As nicho pointed out...You're Banned is a game in the Forum Games section. A few newbies have wandered in before and actually thought we were all being cruel to each other

I don't know you at all. I don't claim to either. A couple of months of lurking is all I claim. If I was trying to be friends I probably went about it the wrong way.

If you would like to test my knowledge of AG since I joined you are welcome to ask questions to throw me off balance. I may have three posts but you'd be surprised.

1) Lurking is all fine and dandy..but to truly know the type of people we are (o..maybe not truly. More of "but to gain a better understanding of the type of people we are), participation is a must.

2) Ok..I'll play your game. And I already found a mistake on your part...without even asking a question

Pickpocket and Pangtongshu

If you are wanting this to be a game with us asking you questions..then I shall play along.
Question: What did you do wrong in this part of the sentence?

However, it is that kind of "How would you know?" post that I see a lot.

I'm not sure about pick's part..but on my part, it's more of mis-understanding on your part..as I explained
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Condescending is a much better word.

Ooohhh... That hurts man.. That hurts deep.

Yeah, I'll admit it. You guys all knew there was some random guy lurking and decided to put on a disguise.

*Pulls mask off... Looks the same* What disguise? I'm acting in my most individual and glorifying sarcastic self.

Pickpocket and Pangtongshu

Epic fail man. I was going to give you credit on being kind of smart and knowledgeable, but no way.

I'm not joking. You can honestly ask me whatever you want.

Okay, if you're the big expert on AG, what is my job in real life?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

You are the Easter bunny. Sorry, lurker was taking too long.
It's not like we have a problem with web stalkers, Sal was one for quite a while if I remember. The difference is that you called us all brown, and he made a thread about pickles.
Not really sure what you would expect to get out of this thread. People will make fun of you and insult you back. Sorry, we're a bunch of browns like that.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I love how we all responded with sarcastic answers. Poor sap, doesn't realize he was tricked.

Are you telling me you're not my friend?
While I admit you might be all friends, some of you do have a way of indirectly insulting people. You're not quoting the post but you're just nudging on the fact that you know more than that other guy.

Hmm?
Especially when the discussion of "Better times" comes up. It seems that all the old AG people come back just to talk about how AG was a while back and then never post again.

I'm sure that happens often most places. I only browse one other forum so I could be wrong, but on Kongregate users are constantly pointing out how the past was better.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I have a deep hatred for Conservatives but I wouldn't start killing or bombing them. xD
Whenever you get into a fight with someone else, you either hold a grudge forever or speak your mind then forget about it.
I always choose the last option.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Oops, I forgot to finish my point.
It depend on your mind set. If you're in a bad mood you might perceive someone's comment as arrogant but if you're in a good mood, you might interpret a sentence in a different light.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

You are the Easter bunny. Sorry, lurker was taking too long.

Well, I was the bunny for a day, and only a day. Let him answer what my official job title is. I've only posted it all over the site, he should know.

Are you telling me you're not my friend?

What's this? GOM is joking? This must be a dream.
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

I feel like the change of title will make me seem like less of a brown and that new people coming into the thread will think I'm being nice or something.

It's like I know and don't know who you are at the same time! I'll make great use of my time going on scavenger hunts to piece together clues. It will be like camping with Mr.Body from Clue~

Sounds like fun! A waste of time... but fun.

Not really sure what you would expect to get out of this thread. People will make fun of you and insult you back. Sorry, we're a bunch of browns like that.

Eh, it's the internet. Maybe my whole plan is to make you guys all form together as a team.

Question: What did you do wrong in this part of the sentence?

I used a capital for your name.

Have no clue. I should probably know that one. However, is that common knowledge? I'd like to see someone else answer that.

You're Banned is a Forum Games thread lol.

Why would he try to give me advice "Maybe you were in a forum thread" and then right after say I can't possibly know you because I haven't been here for long enough.

1) I wasn't trying to be nice..but I wasn't being mean either. I was asking whether what you have seen was actually someone being mean..or just someone commenting on what another person said and you construed it as mean.

Well I don't think I purposely construed something like that. It is possible that maybe the voice I am reading it in (Mine) is usually very sarcastic and arrogant but I wouldn't know.

1) Lurking is all fine and dandy..but to truly know the type of people we are (o..maybe not truly. More of "but to gain a better understanding of the type of people we are), participation is a must.

You got me there. I completely agree with you.

It's not like we have a problem with web stalkers, Sal was one for quite a while if I remember. The difference is that you called us all brown, and he made a thread about pickles.

Maybe calling people brown wasn't the best way to start a conversation. In fact, it was probably the worst. I've admitted that a couple of times.

Epic fail man. I was going to give you credit on being kind of smart and knowledgeable, but no way.

I wouldn't even call myself knowledgable. I just pretend to be.

I'm sure that happens often most places. I only browse one other forum so I could be wrong, but on Kongregate users are constantly pointing out how the past was better.

I agree with you there. Everyone thinks the past is better. That's nostalgia for you. However, AG does have quite a few people that seem to only pop in when there's a nostalgia thread going along.

Hmm?

Hmmmmmmmm?
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Knowledge of AG is over-rated. I've been here since 2008, and I know absolutely NOTHING about the comings and goings here. It's all confusing, but I just nod my head and smile, pretending to know what's going on.

If you think we are a bunch of insulting nettlers, you're right. That's all we are. Screw you, and everyone in here (except the mothers, cuz it's mother's day and all that[and I love my Momma{there probably isn't a mother in here tho...}]).

On the subject of trying to figure out the the tone of a user's post, know this. Nothing I say should be taken seriously. Everything I post is an inside-joke to me, and I giggle at every word I type.

BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Well, I was the bunny for a day, and only a day. Let him answer what my official job title is. I've only posted it all over the site, he should know.

*grumbles about being stupid*

It depend on your mind set. If you're in a bad mood you might perceive someone's comment as arrogant but if you're in a good mood, you might interpret a sentence in a different light.

A possibility. I am quite arrogant and usually in a bad mood. That may be the problem.

I have a deep hatred for Conservatives but I wouldn't start killing or bombing them. xD
Whenever you get into a fight with someone else, you either hold a grudge forever or speak your mind then forget about it.

But sometimes they aren't speaking their mind.

Who... who changed the name of this thread... to brown? It used to be asterisks, so it was probably him cussing at us. So... you're trying to tell us to be nice to each other by cussing at us? Way to go, you're setting a FINE example *Cough*Hypocrite*Cough*.

Strop or Freakenstein. Heh, I'm the biggest hypocrite in this thread. Does that make my opinion wrong?

Knowledge of AG is over-rated. I've been here since 2008, and I know absolutely NOTHING about the comings and goings here. It's all confusing, but I just nod my head and smile, pretending to know what's going on.

I actually don't know that much but I'm just pretending I do. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

give me ONE example of people insulting each other, besides on this thread

check the WEPR. i'm sure you find some insults there. however most are mend only there in the heat of debate. and have no real hard feelings in the next debate or w/e topic.
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

So, you just ignore the second part of my post. I asked you, during part of it, to give me ONE example of people insulting each other, besides on this thread.

Sorry, I honestly didn't see the second part of your post.

Anyway, back on topic, I dunno where you've been lurking. Sure, we mess around, but you're probably looking at to many AG Hate threads and hackers. We're not all that mean. Unless you run into us in a dark alley in the WEPR section. Then we'll shank ya. Still, give me ONE example of us "insulting" each other.

Alright, I'll give you an example but it won't be a good one.

In the "My laptop is finally fixed thread" you say you've been gone for a while and the first post is someone saying "No one noticed you were gone". It's not straight out "I HATE YOU" but more of a "lol, no one cared" sort of thing. Then straight afterwards a user says exactly.

That's my example. Maybe I am reading into it wrong but one of the two users had to be making some insulting remark there.
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

check the WEPR. i'm sure you find some insults there. however most are mend only there in the heat of debate. and have no real hard feelings in the next debate or w/e topic.

I felt the WEPR is supposed to be insulting and wasn't a good example.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Hmmmmmmmm?

You're not quoting the post but you're just nudging on the fact that you know more than that other guy.

Which?

It should be known that I've only read yours and my best friend's posts (xeano321).
Showing 16-30 of 98