ForumsWEPRDo You Belive In Ghosts

67 25407
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

They Say When A Person Dies In There House They Might Fly Around At Night Or Evening. Do You Belive?

• 67 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

if i remember right then mage has also played a ghost once. that turned some dudes in believing in ghosts.

If we are thinking of the same story..he and a friend of his had fake blood on from a Halloween party or something, were riding their bikes home, crossed the path of other peoples (it was dark, so they could barely so Mage and pal) and hid when peoples tried investigating.

Something like that..I could improve the story to make it more like how he told it..but nah
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

To ask this question is to ask why there is such a thing as God. It is both inexplicable and uncomprehending. So proving it's existence is based how you perceive life; and perspective can lead to truthful or false information.

Saying it's inexplicable and we just have to believe is crap.

Divinity. It separates us from rocks or trees. If we are indeed creations of a higher consciousness known as God it creates a type of spiritual bond between you and God. It keeps a piece of knowledge from this higher consciousness to assume God like aspects, i.e love, hate, intellectuality, etc. A Ghosts is essentially energy with consciousness that is not tied to the laws of this dimension, so it provides you a piece of God inside yourself.

We can show that altering our physical makeup alters out consciousness. This issue becomes even more problematic with situations such as split brain where the two hemispheres of the brain no longer communicate and take on distinct personalities.
Further more this assumes too much. Using God is using an unknown to argue for the existence of an unknown. By this line o reasoning we can say whatever we like. The function of ghost is to create glue that hold reality together. That has as much backing as a connection to God.

Ancestors, philosophy, religion. If it has appeared in multiple places for ages more then once truth is bound to be behind it.

So basically your evidence is an argument from majority?

I respect the practices of cultures enough to see that perspective can lead to finding pieces of information that one culture may not have. Doesn't mean it is true but it is note worthy. If pieces of information comes together you will realize that some truth is being told.

The pieces really don't come together, they just create a huge mess, I've tried.

Not to mention, energy never dies. It can only transform into something new. Many things in life will prove this, whether you are an Atheist or hardcore religious person.

But that doesn't indicate that consciousness would be preserved. For instance if I took a boil smashed it, then tried to hold water in it. It's no going to hold water. Even if I had all the the pieces that made up that boil, in that new state it won't hold water.

Another example, the Many-Worlds Theory. How can you actually prove the existence of a world you've never been to?

Simple, they aren't proven to exist. There is good reason to be skeptical of this given it "denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse".

Ghosts dont exist man demons and jhins exist though

No reason to believe any of it exists.

Jhins act like ghosts so that you guys will actually believe they exist and witches too are just Jhins trying to scare you or play bad tricks on you

I don't think they do exist. I think hallucinations, false correlations, optical illusions,paradolia and unbeknownst stimuli such as but not limited to infrasound are likely the cause.

If we are to take it this far we could just as easily say it's ghosts acting like djinn to trick you into thinking djinn are real.

If we are thinking of the same story..he and a friend of his had fake blood on from a Halloween party or something, were riding their bikes home, crossed the path of other peoples (it was dark, so they could barely so Mage and pal) and hid when peoples tried investigating.

Pretty much, though I was the only one to ride by.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

lol ghosts dont even freakin exist so why are you guys planting false storys of seeing ghosts and trying to make this topic grow longer and longer? such a waste

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

lol ghosts dont even freakin exist so why are you guys planting false storys of seeing ghosts and trying to make this topic grow longer and longer? such a waste

Change "ghost" by Allah and realize you're doing the exact same thing.

Of course ghosts don't exist, but belief in ghosts originates in events that are perceived as supernatural. Such events can very well be real events that lead people to believe in ghosts, and so we must address them.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Saying it's inexplicable and we just have to believe is crap.

I never said you had to believe. Nothing I have said is to convert you. All I said in that sentence is proving it's existence is through perspective. I give you the free choice to believe whatever you, I just spoke what I "believe" in.

So basically your evidence is an argument from majority?

No, it's a logical statement that people who have lived longer then you have must contain at least 20% of truthful information. It's based around the fact that knowledge and truth is an age old game of seeking, only those who have sought out such things may find something and have something worthy to put forth. This concludes the existence of ghosts as well.

The pieces really don't come together, they just create a huge mess, I've tried.

Some do. You just can't take most of these pieces of information literally, otherwise there would be an apocalypse right now, wouldn't there? lol

Ghosts dont exist man demons and jhins exist though

There is no reason for something like this to exist so naturally it cannot. And if it did, they have limited potential and purpose.

Jhins act like ghosts so that you guys will actually believe they exist and witches too are just Jhins trying to scare you or play bad tricks on you

I don't see the evil in this. If all they do is mess with people, then they are no different from people themselves.
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

No, I don't think there are ghosts. I think that ghosts are just an urban legend that originated from paranormal activities.

mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Its because of these Jhins that people are thinking ghosts exist but you guys are atheists so telling you this=nothing

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Its because of these Jhins that people are thinking ghosts exist but you guys are atheists so telling you this=nothing

Good, keep it that way until you have proof.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

i doubt you have any proof either but i do have any proof,read the Quran

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

i doubt you have any proof either but i do have any proof,read the Quran

1) We don't need proof. We're not the ones making the positive claim that ghosts/djinn/demons/whatever exist. As of yet, we do not have any evidence for their existence, thus it is ridiculous to assume/think they exist. Since you -do- hold this belief, it is your job to provide us with your reasons for believing in them. So far, your reasons have been circular reasoning, which brings me to the next point.

2) The Qu'ran is not proof of itself. You are getting the claim that these unverified, inconsistent, unproven reports of ghosts are djinn from the Qu'ran. The Qu'ran saying these unverified, inconsistent, unproven reports are djinn is not proof that what the Qu'ran says is true. What you're doing is this. "I'm right because I'm right because I'm right because I'm right," and whenever anyone asks you for evidence you point to yourself and say, "I'm right" like a two year old.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

We don't need proof.

To be absolutely clear so there are no misunderstandings, let me elaborate.

There is something called the burden of proof. This falls onto those making claims. When you say ghosts exist, that is making a positive claim. It is up to you to provide evidence for your assertion.

When we say ghosts do not exist, this is claim. We are saying the reverse, based on various things which we have explained, such as background noise, psychology, other causes, power of suggestion, etc. It is not up to us to &quotrove" ghosts/djinn do not exist, because we're not making a positive claim. We have already provided reasons for our stance.

And there's no way to &quotrove" a negative. Do you believe unicorns exist? Probably not. So prove to me that they don't exist.
Yognautik
Yognautik
12 posts
Blacksmith

I hope there would be some sort of after-life because dying is scary. I feel like when we die nothing will be left and we just wouldn't exist, and that is scary.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I hope there would be some sort of after-life because dying is scary. I feel like when we die nothing will be left and we just wouldn't exist, and that is scary.

Perhaps you should take a cue from Mark Twain. You have spent most of existence not alive, why fear returning to that?

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

Life & Death ~Richard Dawkins
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

1) We don't need proof. We're not the ones making the positive claim that ghosts/djinn/demons/whatever exist. As of yet, we do not have any evidence for their existence, thus it is ridiculous to assume/think they exist. Since you -do- hold this belief, it is your job to provide us with your reasons for believing in them. So far, your reasons have been circular reasoning, which brings me to the next point.

Good man. If just reading a book with no evidence in it is proof enough to satisfy, then why won't any old fantasy book with ghouls and demons suffice?
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Well you guys can say anything but i believe what is written in the Quran but you guys can just say Jhin and ghosts are the same

Showing 46-60 of 67