ForumsWEPRDo You Belive In Ghosts

67 25405
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

They Say When A Person Dies In There House They Might Fly Around At Night Or Evening. Do You Belive?

• 67 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

And why would we have this soul to begin with? What function does it provide? What evidence are you basing your belief in the existence of one in the first place? If you have non then why are you taking it a step further and claiming reincarnation when you haven't yet established that there is something to reincarnate?

I would rather use recycle instead of reincarnation.
If it were legal I'd request for my family to bury me in the back yard and plant a pine tree seed on top.
That way, my decomposing body would feed the ground and nourish the tree.
The pine tree would then have something that came from me!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I don't believe in ghosts because they don't exist , [...............] so ghosts are actually Jhin trying to lead us astray

Basically what you're saying is, ghosts exists, they're just jhins.

there is more then this denotational space that we live in currently. What lies in these new and undiscovered plains is subject to it's viewer.

You use the word denotational in an almost negative way, which I find wrong. If you keep that negative image of our world, no wonder you're looking for more.
And why would those undiscovered planes be subject to the viewer? It's like you're saying there's a bubble of infinite possibilities and everyone picks out whatever they like.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Not sure I would even go that far

oh well, i do.

Synonyms for ghosts. Yes.

not sure we have the same views then.
as far as i know from the gaming world. specters and ghouls are different from ghosts. especially ghouls. ghouls are more zombies then ghosts.

It doesn't affect my views.

i wasn't out to change your view. you had a good point. (if i pretend that specters and ghouls are ghosts) i was looking to change my view so it fits yours.
but
Who is to say that the phenomenon people claim is paranormal activity has to be controlled by a conscious entity? What if it merely is a natural phenomenon that adheres to unknown laws of physics?

has thrown me of there.
if we take a look at.... let's say 80% of the ghosts stories, (i might even go higher whit the rate but that will probably make some people unhappy here) are about ghosts in the form of people. (not buildings, not dinosaurs, not pet dogs (or animals in general)) very often these ghosts have a will or reason why they haunt. etc. etc. (sorry for not being able to go for the real deal. everything we know about ghosts is based on stories anyway. the rest is pretended)
going by all these stories. a unconscious mind would be even more spectacular then a conscious mind.

What if it merely is a natural phenomenon that adheres to unknown laws of physics?

if it is a natural phenomenon. why doesn't ever, pop one up near someone that doesn't believe it's existence? if it is a natural phenomenom. why dont wee see it happen all the time? we see stars imploded all the time. why no ghosts?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I would rather use recycle instead of reincarnation.

to bad it's called reincarnation then.

If it were legal

guess it depends on where you live.
over here there is no problem whit that if that is your final wish.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

there is more then this denotational space that we live in currently. What lies in these new and undiscovered plains is subject to it's viewer.

Let's see about this statement. First off we really don't have anything suggesting these other plains exist, (Unless you mean something like other spacial dimensions) so we could really just stop right there with first requesting evidence. But for the sake of argument let's give you that they do exist.

You say they are undiscovered. Being as such we aren't going to know anything about them. They are an unknown to us. Yet you are somehow able to go on and give these unknowns properties. Essentially you've said is "We don't know what their like, their like this." Until such plains become discovered we can't say their properties are subject to the viewer's as there haven't been any viewers. All you've done is make that part up or someone else made it up and you're repeating them.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

has thrown me of there.
if we take a look at.... let's say 80% of the ghosts stories, (i might even go higher whit the rate but that will probably make some people unhappy here) are about ghosts in the form of people. (not buildings, not dinosaurs, not pet dogs (or animals in general)) very often these ghosts have a will or reason why they haunt. etc. etc. (sorry for not being able to go for the real deal. everything we know about ghosts is based on stories anyway. the rest is pretended)
going by all these stories. a unconscious mind would be even more spectacular then a conscious mind.

There are many many stories of ''ghosts'' of animals/bets, etc. But there aren't many of buildings, because....maybe they're inanimate. I don't believe in the soul coming back, but I'm not saying no to those esoteric theories on remnant energies and such.

What if it merely is a natural phenomenon that adheres to unknown laws of physics?

if it is a natural phenomenon. why doesn't ever, pop one up near someone that doesn't believe it's existence? if it is a natural phenomenom. why dont wee see it happen all the time? we see stars imploded all the time. why no ghosts?

We don't always see natural phenomenon like new continents being created. Or planetary alignments. Or the blood moon.

My brother didn't believe in ghosts. Something happened, which he doesn't want to tell me. Now he does.
Karasaar
Karasaar
163 posts
Constable

I'm just gonna throw in a random story of mine, not that I believe in ghost, but I've come over this very strange phenomenom which I'm not able to explain.
(Maybe you can?)

When I was younger I had a very wierd dream. I was lying in my bed and when I opened my eyes (in the dream) I saw a ghostly figure which then proceeded to make my blanket fly above me (Why? I don't know?). It was kind of frightening to me while in the dream, as I couldn't move or do anything. However then I woke up and nothing else happened for a while.

Recently I've been seeing rather large flickers of light (In different colors, mostly, but not limited to red and white) in the precise corner that the ghost appeared in my dream, during nighttime. I first thought this was some sort of reflection caused by passing cars or something, but it even happened with the roller blind shut.I thought that it might be something within my room that was flickering, but at daytime I have found no such thing.

Any idea what it could be?

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

It's just your mind it will just make it up on circumstances or other stuff maybe influenced by culture or religion.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Recently I've been seeing rather large flickers of light (In different colors, mostly, but not limited to red and white) in the precise corner that the ghost appeared in my dream, during nighttime. I first thought this was some sort of reflection caused by passing cars or something, but it even happened with the roller blind shut.I thought that it might be something within my room that was flickering, but at daytime I have found no such thing.

a small light from a socket or something else whit a small light in it remote controller or so. doesn't have to be close to the corner. it only has to shine on it.
as for the 1st part. dreams aint real. or i believe in reincarnation cause ive fallen to death like a hundred times. =P
Karasaar
Karasaar
163 posts
Constable

Heh, I don't think it's anything supernatural or stuff, I just don't know what's causing it.

And no, it's not caused by a remote controller cuz I don't have one in my room. I checked for that kinda stuff.

And I know dreams aren't real, I'm just stating what I've expierienced.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

And why would we have this soul to begin with?

To ask this question is to ask why there is such a thing as God. It is both inexplicable and uncomprehending. So proving it's existence is based how you perceive life; and perspective can lead to truthful or false information.

What function does it provide?

Divinity. It separates us from rocks or trees. If we are indeed creations of a higher consciousness known as God it creates a type of spiritual bond between you and God. It keeps a piece of knowledge from this higher consciousness to assume God like aspects, i.e love, hate, intellectuality, etc. A Ghosts is essentially energy with consciousness that is not tied to the laws of this dimension, so it provides you a piece of God inside yourself.

What evidence are you basing your belief in the existence of one in the first place?

Ancestors, philosophy, religion. If it has appeared in multiple places for ages more then once truth is bound to be behind it. Proving it's existence is how you live life and what you come across. A man with eyesight knows more about life then a man with blind vision would know. You can't explain the sight of something in full detail unless you experience it. Which tends to lead people to not believe in God sometimes is because if you live you're life and see nothing "holy" naturally you will not believe.

If you have non then why are you taking it a step further and claiming reincarnation when you haven't yet established that there is something to reincarnate?

I respect the practices of cultures enough to see that perspective can lead to finding pieces of information that one culture may not have. Doesn't mean it is true but it is note worthy. If pieces of information comes together you will realize that some truth is being told. To be honest, when it comes to reincarnation I can't prove it's existence, so naturally, it will have to deal in something I do not know about. Separate dimensional worlds like the afterlife or heaven.

Not to mention, energy never dies. It can only transform into something new. Many things in life will prove this, whether you are an Atheist or hardcore religious person.

Another example, the Many-Worlds Theory. How can you actually prove the existence of a world you've never been to? Yet it's a valid theory. And you don't have to be on the other side to know it's existence. How far you're sight goes is not the extent of how far the universe goes.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Ghosts dont exist man demons and jhins exist though as after people die they just lie in their graves until the day of judgment but after they die and are buried then Hazrat Azrael(angel of death) comes and asks them 3 questions about islam and if they get them right then they will go to paradise but if they answer them wrong then they go to hell so ghosts dont exist but most Jhins act like ghosts so that you guys will actually believe they exist and witches too are just Jhins trying to scare you or play bad tricks on you

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

mbbs112..did you seriously just state that my going to hell or not boils down to some arbitrary little quiz?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

When I was younger I had a very wierd dream. I was lying in my bed and when I opened my eyes (in the dream) I saw a ghostly figure which then proceeded to make my blanket fly above me (Why? I don't know?). It was kind of frightening to me while in the dream, as I couldn't move or do anything. However then I woke up and nothing else happened for a while.

I think Mage had a similar experience with a ghostly figure floating above him, and he can explain that one I think. No clue about the lights though. Could still be in the dream, and is at the same place because you are at the same place, I dunno.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

if i remember right then mage has also played a ghost once. that turned some dudes in believing in ghosts. (am i right? was it you mage?)

Showing 31-45 of 67