ForumsWEPRDo You Belive In Ghosts

67 25406
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

They Say When A Person Dies In There House They Might Fly Around At Night Or Evening. Do You Belive?

• 67 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I use to believe ghosts existed. Then I developed better critical thinking skills and found more likely explanations that would need to be ruled out first.

99% of the time infrasound is the cause of this.

Not sure I would say it was 99% of the time, but it is one explanation among many that would have to be considered. It's also one that claimed paranormal investigators tend to not look at.

people looking to smart for me

Don't sell your self short.

I do believe we have an aura but we can't control people with it. I'm not sure where you read that stuff. The aura is simply some energy surrounding our body. It's either negative or positive.

I suppose this is a good time to address Kirlian photography. These photos supposedly reveal a bioelectric aura That can exist even after the physical part producing it has been removed. Of course in reality there is something else going on, as you can read in the bolded text from the part on the torn leaf experiment.

"A typical demonstration used as evidence for the existence of these energy fields involved taking Kirlian photographs of a picked leaf at set intervals. The gradual withering of the leaf was thought to correspond with a decline in the strength of the aura. In some experiments, if a section of a leaf was torn away after the first photograph, a faint image of the missing section would sometimes remain when a second photograph was taken. If the imaging surface is cleaned of contaminants and residual moisture before the second image is taken, then no image of the missing section will appear."

for more information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography

In short this is the best evidence we have for auras and it's pseudoscience.

Yeah I know but scamming people is not my thing.

It's not a scam on their part, they really are offering a million for any such supernatural claims that can be demonstrated under controlled conditions.

If you really have this ability you claim to have, it wouldn't be scamming people because you could really do what you say.

here is a link to the million dollar challenge.
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Why should there be only absolute negative and positive auras?

I don't know, I'm not an expert in that field. When I say negative I think about an angry, hypocrite, untrustworthy person, etc, and positive as a happy, friendly, good person.

And yeah, imo you're "simply" particularly sensible to certain body signals we all send unconsciously (like posture, smell etc.). But go ahead and prove me wrong

I guess that's what makes the aura.
Like I said I don't know, I just read a few books about it.
It doesn't mean it's right, that's how I understand it anyway.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

That sound interesting, I bookmarked the page.
1 million is an interesting prize, especially when it's not lottery related.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Not sure I would say it was 99% of the time, but it is one explanation among many that would have to be considered. It's also one that claimed paranormal investigators tend to not look at.

let's put it this way then:

if one of the many other explanations are not found by the paranormal investigators. it 99% of the time turn out to be infrasound.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

to believe in ghosts you have to believe in a soul and afterlife. i dont believe either.

We've been through this, we don't need to believe in this. Not all believers of the existence of ''spectres'' and ''ghouls'' hold onto the idea that it is the soul that is left, but merely a presence of a vague form of ether or energy, or what not.

I'm not disbelieving in them, nor am I going to conclusively say that they exist. I've had experiences that are too freaky or coincidental to be explained, and as a result, they've always been on my mind. Anyway, they present a nice fantasy world away from real life, that unlike the idea of a divine being controlling our lives, I don't find repulsive.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I don't know, I'm not an expert in that field. When I say negative I think about an angry, hypocrite, untrustworthy person, etc, and positive as a happy, friendly, good person.

i can be very negative and very positive. and so can everyone.
how does this translate through auras and my personality.

I guess that's what makes the aura.

i guess thats just "body signals we all send unconsciously"
only way to check it, is for you to do the test that is offered.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

That sound interesting, I bookmarked the page.
1 million is an interesting prize, especially when it's not lottery related.

that 1mill is just a start. you'll make much more if you pass.

''spectres'' and ''ghouls''

are ghosts?

anyway. what if i change that to:
"to believe in ghosts you have to believe in a non-biological conscious mind. i dont believe in it."
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

are ghosts?

Synonyms for ghosts. Yes.

"to believe in ghosts you have to believe in a non-biological conscious mind. i dont believe in it."

It doesn't affect my views. Who is to say that the phenomenon people claim is paranormal activity has to be controlled by a conscious entity? What if it merely is a natural phenomenon that adheres to unknown laws of physics?
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

I don't believe in ghosts because they don't exist ,not even witches do as they are really "Jhin" Before God created us he created Jhin out of fire and angels out of light and the Devil was a Jhin and the Jhin were made with the same purpose as us to live and worship him but most Jhin are bad an fiery tempered and they are like the devil trying to make us go astray from God but some are religious and worshiped Allah(God) as the Devil did too but when Allah made Hazrat Adam the ordered all to prostrate before his newest creation which every angel did except the Devil as Jhin are made with free will too like us and the devil thought himself superior than us and so Allah kicked him out of heaven becouse of his pride and arrogance so ghosts are actually Jhin trying to lead us astray

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I don't believe in ghosts because they don't exist ,not even witches do as they are really "Jhin" Before God created us he created Jhin out of fire and angels out of light and the Devil was a Jhin and the Jhin were made with the same purpose as us to live and worship him but most Jhin are bad an fiery tempered and they are like the devil trying to make us go astray from God but some are religious and worshiped Allah(God) as the Devil did too but when Allah made Hazrat Adam the ordered all to prostrate before his newest creation which every angel did except the Devil as Jhin are made with free will too like us and the devil thought himself superior than us and so Allah kicked him out of heaven becouse of his pride and arrogance so ghosts are actually Jhin trying to lead us astray

look, I will say this once: nobody cares. why will I say this to you? it's simple, because this is about ghosts, not your god (both are man made concepts, but let's focus on the one that is less asinine)

-Blade
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

I've had experiences that are too freaky or coincidental to be explained,

Do tell us! I love creepy stories.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

let's put it this way then:

if one of the many other explanations are not found by the paranormal investigators. it 99% of the time turn out to be infrasound.

Not sure I would even go that far considering many of these investigators are operating under confirmation bias.

It doesn't affect my views. Who is to say that the phenomenon people claim is paranormal activity has to be controlled by a conscious entity? What if it merely is a natural phenomenon that adheres to unknown laws of physics?

How would that be a ghost and why would we have to consider an unknown law of physic when in many of these cases we haven't ruled out known laws of physics?

Do tell us! I love creepy stories.

I was taking care of things at home when my mom was in the hospital. I had left some groceries in the car. As I got out to the car I saw this young lady standing opposite side of the car near the rear tire. She was wearing a black formal dress, had blond hear cut just above her shoulders and had blue eyes. She appeared quite real and quite solid. I started to ask her what she wanted when she gave me this very shocked look as if I surprised her and she just vanished into thin air.

"How Not to be a Paranormal Investigator" - TAM 2012
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

it's simple, because this is about ghosts, not your god

Religion may tie in quite a bit. For example, my mom doesn't believe in ghosts, but she does believe in demons. The problem is she has no way of determining which supernatural thing intervenes, if any. One day, there was some noise by the computer which was off. Her mp3 player was on. She didn't know how it got turned on because no one was near it. With a fair amount of sarcasm, I said "it could've been demons" and in the most sincere tone, she nods and says "it could've been". I then point out how stupid it would be for an evil spirit to turn on her player which only contains the bible, religious songs about loving God, and apologetics.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I believe in ghosts, mainly because I believe life to have a cycle in which during death the soul is refurbished and brought into a new form. More to life meets the eye, and while proving the existence of ghosts tends to be a wild goose chase (or what ever the freak those people on haunted houses shows do...) there is more then this denotational space that we live in currently. What lies in these new and undiscovered plains is subject to it's viewer.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I believe in ghosts, mainly because I believe life to have a cycle in which during death the soul is refurbished and brought into a new form.

And why would we have this soul to begin with? What function does it provide? What evidence are you basing your belief in the existence of one in the first place? If you have non then why are you taking it a step further and claiming reincarnation when you haven't yet established that there is something to reincarnate?
Showing 16-30 of 67