ForumsWEPR[Necro] Chem-trails poisoning our air

155 67619
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

http://okanaganchemtrails.blog.ca/2009/04/20/symptoms-resulting-from-chemtrai-spraying-5978978/

http://rense.com/general20/alum.htm

http://www.holmestead.ca/chemtrails/aluminium.html

Chm-trails contain many harmful substances that we can't be breathing in. It's dangerous to our kids, food, animals, environment, and ourselves.

• 155 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I wasn't going to bother fixing i since it was just snark, but my last post was cut off. Mostly it was pointing out Knight's hypocrisy with the last quote and I was using this picture for his "Just don't address any of this, because it won't go anywhere." statement.

http://affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/wp-content/uploads/i_m_not_listening.jpg

Just so this isn't a clean up of yet another forum glitch I would like to propose that the title be changed to Conspiracy Theories, as we are dealing with more than just chem-trails.

I believe that the government makes up a lot of what we learn, and I'm not just denying it because everyone else does.

I'm not sure why you're in such deep denial. Though your conspiracy theory go to the extent of true absurdity. We aren't dealing with just one government, but multiple governments. Many of which can't agree on even basic things. Beyond that we aren't just dealing with governments but multiple other sources. Your statement that the truth is being covered up would have to be so far reaching and would have to involve millions of people covering it up it strains credibility.
With all that it further strains credibility that you alone only using what you feel is correct without any shred of evidence is able to come to the truth.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I believe that the government makes up a lot of what we learn, and I'm not just denying it because everyone else does.

A lot of what you listed has been, not only scientifically, but mathematically proven to be false. Remember that the officials that made these discoveries (and later revamped over and over again to buff out rough edges) were commonfolk; citizens, religious members, and scientists.

The farthest I know of any government officials inventing/discovering specific anomalies were back in the colonial days where Benjamin Franklin discovered specific properties of lightning and Thomas Jefferson invented the Dumbwaiter (a system of pulleys and wires connected to a drop-off crate so he could get drunk in his bed without getting someone to grab it for him).

Remember that, prior to the Quakers escaping the European influences, a lot of what stood for education back in the day was dominated by The Catholic Church (which had considerable power, almost as much as the monarchy). These guys did not want much scientific discoveries being made, as it may have contradicted Scripture.

It's no wonder there are quite a few truths which you believe to be false; a lot of what was discovered and built upon was proven by Math.

Heliocentrism, the fact that the sun is the center of the solar system and other celestial bodies revolve around it? Proven by Triangulation, a form of Trigonometric Mathematics. As soon as you learned Geometry in highschool/middleschool, you would have understood some of these processes more.

Few things can be considered genuine conspiracy theories; much others are simply not taking the time to read a book written by a fellow citizen.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You were meant to be born 1500 years ago, I'm certain of it. Where's your time machine? I would like to commandeer it for scientific research.

I'd like to see a time machine. That would make this hell fest much more interesting.

Heliocentrism, the fact that the sun is the center of the solar system and other celestial bodies revolve around it? Proven by Triangulation, a form of Trigonometric Mathematics. As soon as you learned Geometry in highschool/middleschool, you would have understood some of these processes more.

Exactly my point. And what you don't calculate, is that from the form of thinking you have, government controls religion. Think about it. If this government is getting out of it's way to doom us all and make us stupid, do you think they'd make an exception for religion? And from what I've gathered, you are Catholic. Do you think that government is going to give you the faith of God? Maybe what you are praying to is fake?

Do you see my point? This is insane and you're not going to win this unless you give facts.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I don't believe there are any real pictures from space, because it seems that sometimes there are so many stars, and sometimes there are none
When you are near a bright light, it prevents you from seeing the dim light of the stars.

I believe that the earth could be flat.
Why, there is no chance this is true, because if this were true we wouldn't have horizons. (go to a large body of water, and try to spot the other side)

rice can kill a bird.

Isn't that only if it isn't cooked, because it absorbs the liquid in their stomach and expands?

~~~Darth Caedus
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Why, there is no chance this is true, because if this were true we wouldn't have horizons. (go to a large body of water, and try to spot the other side)

Not only does this give use a description of one of our oldest data points showing that the Earth isn't flat. Also it's a request to help recreate this experiment. If you want to join in on this experiment it's being done at 12 noon today. (more details in the video)
How to Measure the size of Earth!
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Not only does this give use a description of one of our oldest data points showing that the Earth isn't flat. Also it's a request to help recreate this experiment. If you want to join in on this experiment it's being done at 12 noon today. (more details in the video)

Idk man, sounds like the chemtrails talking. Eratosthenes was blazed AF when he did the thing with the sticks in the shadows bro his math is questionable at best, and i dunno if you've walked around lately but i'm p sure that at least from my frame of reference the earth's about as flat as can be except for like, hills and mountains and stuff
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Idk man, sounds like the chemtrails talking. Eratosthenes was blazed AF when he did the thing with the sticks in the shadows bro his math is questionable at best, and i dunno if you've walked around lately but i'm p sure that at least from my frame of reference the earth's about as flat as can be except for like, hills and mountains and stuff

I know, right?

If the Earth wasn't flat..how come when I walk, I don't feel myself going around a circle? Like..go on a Ferris Wheel..and you can feel yourself going around the circle.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Declan,
You say you do like science and I assume you accept that good science should be impartial. So for this exercise I would like to propose I would ask of you for the sake of impartiality that you set aside what you believe.

Now for the exercise. We will use this statement of yours "I also believe that the sun and moon revolve around the earth."

What I want you to do for this exercise is to provide me with the evidence for a heliocentric solar system as apposed to a geocentric one.

Again this is only an exercise, a thought experiment if you will. I'm not expecting you to believe any of it. Only that you demonstrate it as a good scientist challenging his own views would.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

What I want you to do for this exercise is to provide me with the evidence for a heliocentric solar system as apposed to a geocentric one
He beliefs in a geocentric system, so shouldn't you be asking him to prove that?

~~~Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

He beliefs in a geocentric system, so shouldn't you be asking him to prove that?

The exercise, as Mage pointed out, is a thought experiment. Open the person's eyes to the other argument by making the argument for that side. Instead of us telling him the evidence from our side..he learns it first hand.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The exercise, as Mage pointed out, is a thought experiment. Open the person's eyes to the other argument by making the argument for that side. Instead of us telling him the evidence from our side..he learns it first hand.
Hmm, okay, makes sense.

Reminds me of when we did our class room discussions in AP World History, we had to know both sides of the argument because we didn't always get to choose (the first time we chose and it was a disaster).

~~~Darth Caedus
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I would like to do a larger scale version of this with it's own thread where the atheists on here have to argue for the theistic side while the theists have to argue for the atheistic side. Though I have never worked out how it could be done without it turning into some sort of parody of the other's position.

Reminds me of when we did our class room discussions in AP World History, we had to know both sides of the argument because we didn't always get to choose (the first time we chose and it was a disaster).

Yes that's a good example of what I'm going for.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I would like to do a larger scale version of this with it's own thread where the atheists on here have to argue for the theistic side while the theists have to argue for the atheistic side. Though I have never worked out how it could be done without it turning into some sort of parody of the other's position.

I don't know if this would count or not...but I'm constantly arguing for the y'all's side =p
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

If the idea is to test peoples critical thinking skills, then I'd say it might work best as a sort of contest.
A judge/moderator assigns two contestants opposing positions in a random topic and the one that can present a better case advances. Repeat until one person wins and everyone hopefully learned a thing or two.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

thats not as weird or special as it sounds.

im religious yet almost in any wepr thread people thought i was atheist. the points atheist make (usually) are based on logic, morals (the obvious and real ones, the ones not randomly written in a book) and thinking. be logical enough and make sense and you might change ones opinion.

and thats something that can be done by theists too (though most just dont because they are blinded by fear of the "beloved" god and being wrong).

thats kind of why i usually side up with the atheists, they actually make sense and would change their opinion if you proved they were wrong. they have their own opinions and ideas that arent always based on other people and a book they picked up.

so in short. the battle isnt atheists vs. theists.
its actually close mindedness (real word?)/fear/subjectiveness (again... real word?) vs. logic and objectiveness.

its just that most theists belong to the first group and most atheists belong to the second so it makes it seem that way.
Showing 61-75 of 155