3 posts

On second thought, 1v1 would work better, but either way I would help set up

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 2:26pm

chessmaster102

chessmaster102

662 posts

No need for the extra help... Sign-up here:

http://challonge.com/colonysummertournament

It's free to sign-up, has a nice setup, and has it's own discussion page. It shows you who won each game for each group, and the winner for that group. Organizes the groups automatically.

As a side note, the tourney will be double elimination:

If you lose your first Best of 3 series, you will have a chance to continue on with other people who lost, giving people a second chance and keeping the games more interesting with similar playing abilities.

Pros will be playing pros instead of destroying the competition and the competition will have a chance to continue on playing people of their own skill instead of people who will dominate against them.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 3:23pm

buffro

buffro

30 posts

Pros will be playing pros instead of destroying the competition and the competition will have a chance to continue on playing people of their own skill instead of people who will dominate against them.

how will skill level be determined? what defines someone as a "pro"?

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 3:25pm

chessmaster102

chessmaster102

662 posts

I just mean the top players in the game wont kill everyones chances of winning. If it was just single elimination we would know who would go on, people like pill and MBA, and the others would be eliminated. In this style players have 2 lives in a way. They lose one they have a chance of continuing on without people like MBA and pill killing them, they will have a fair fight with someone of their own level.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 4:06pm

fred2003

fred2003

1 post

ooh

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 4:22pm

buffro

buffro

30 posts

ok

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 5:40pm

clhkph

clhkph

121 posts

can anyone join?

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 5:43pm

PhantomLurker

PhantomLurker

4 posts

Why I'll be! That site for the bracket listing is really cool :O Guess that problem is off the charts.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 7:03pm

kriva12

kriva12

1 post

I can join or even record up to 1080 quality so ether way im cool with it sounds like fun!

Reply to Colony Tournament 2013

You must be logged in to post a reply!