ForumsPopular MediaRight now I'm listening to...

7306 1650599
thfcJack
thfcJack
64 posts
Nomad

Ok, in this thread you simply post whatever bands, songs, or playlists you've been listening to recently. I don't believe this is a duplicate thread but I'm sorry if it is. One rule though- don't be a music snob/ elitist. A bit of debate is fine, but don't bully anyone out of the thread. If we're all respectful and open-minded, this is a great way to share music and maybe try something new.

The past few days I've been listening to a few songs by Wintersleep: "Nothing is Anything (Without You)" , "Weighty Ghost", and "Laser Beams." Aside from those, I haven't had much of a craving for anything in particular in the past few days and I've been using shuffle on my iPod.

• 7,306 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

their studio

***-living space, if I do recall. Anyways, may well all be the stuff of some clever spurious legend, indeed.

Reminding one of course of their splendid Helter Stupid, do listen to both parts. The story to this goes roughly they had to cancel a tour owing to something silly like a flu, then put out a press statement it was because they were being held at home in the investigation of a kid who had gone axe-crazy on his family or surroundings upon listening to their Christianity is Stupid. Sure enough and to their amazement, the story got picked up in the news & spread here and there, apparently with no reporter ever bothering to do any fact-checking on the matter, which need we repeat was entirely fictitious.

The result is this lovely mix
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

***-living space

Oh, right. Um, annex, you know?
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Then to wrap this up,

Helter Stupid, do listen to both parts. The story to this goes roughly

Wikipedia & to the extent that it is to be believed scribes thusly. I do seem to recall Negativland's position with bringing out the album had been that the good taste of their prank press release may have been questionable, but that nonetheless they thought it telling the way the media ran away with it with never a question asked. Note also how apparently, there was no official named "**** Jordan."

& So much for today's multi-posting :

Following the somewhat unexpected success of [their Escape From Noise] album, Negativland faced the prospect of going on a money-losing tour. To prevent this, they created a press release which said Negativland were prevented from touring by âFederal Authority **** Jordan" due to claims that Negativland's song "Christianity Is Stupid" had inspired David Brom to kill his family. The press release went on to denounce the purported connection between Negativland and the murders. While Brom had in fact argued with his father about music shortly before Brom killed his family, no one had ever claimed that Brom was spurred to murder by Negativland's music. The claim that Brom's crimes were inspired by Negativland was disseminated and discussed in the mass media, seemingly with little to no fact-checking.[2] Soon the world was informed of the "Killer Song" that caused a kid to murder his parents with an ax.

The scandal became the foundation for Negativland's next release, Helter Stupid, which featured a cover photo of TV news anchorman Dave McElhatton intoning the Brom murder story, with the news station's caption "Killer Song" above his head, and a photo of the ax murderer.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Listening to Insomnia by DJ Tiesto because that's what I have right now. o_o

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Insomnia by DJ Tiesto

That song was awesome Rip.

Baauer and RL Grime - Infinite Daps
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Suicidal Tendencies - I Shot the Devil

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Eminem Radio on Pandora.

Last Four Songs:
-Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio
-Young Forever - Jay-Z
-Just Lose It - Eminem
-Fast Lane - Bad Meets Evil

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry

There was once a time when I would listen to this over and over and nothing else.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Second Skin- Dying Fetus

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Rage Valley - Knife Party

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507