ForumsForum GamesAnthill RPG (IC)

129 26152
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Good morning, and welcome to the fourth installment of the Anthill RPG series!
I am your host, Nilo the Ant.

This is the thread in which the RPG will take place in, the In-Character thread. The OOC (out of character) thread can be found here.

This thread will be open for all purposes related to the RPG, except questions about rules and such. If you have a question please write it in my profile as a comment, here.

The Technology tree can be found here.

The map will be constantly updated, I think we all know why.

• 129 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Okay, deadline is tomorrow. We are going to have a new player take over Ivan7X's anthill, for unknown reasons he (left)? AG.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Im the new player! I will make my decision shortly

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

The Empire of the Fallen
Race: Fire Ants
Main Anthill: Liverpool
Cities under Control: Liverpool
-------
Food: 70
Food Income: 50 per turn
Technology: Gathering
-------
Soldiers: 250
Soldier Cost/Recruitment: 300/0
Soldier Weapons/Armor: None/None
Vehicles: 40 grasshoppers
-------
Anthill Defenses: Dirt Wall (Petty)

Please correct me if I am doing anything wrong. I read Ivan's backlog, along with the rules. Can't wait to start.
I have an idea, though, to sort of represent the transfer of power. If the King/leader of the Empire of the Fallen died, then his successor and son (Prince Edmund of Liverpool) could take over. But this is merely cultural fluff within the Empire of the Fallen's society. If the king did die, however, a funeral would be held and I would be inviting the Grey Ant royals to the funeral.

Anyways, The King/Prince Edmund of Liverpool was thinking about alternate sources of food. He thought ' Hey, the tall people have enormous amounts of food.... Why don't we steal some it?' So he sends 50 of his soldiers on a mission to steal food from the humans.
In addition, he starts building a wall around the area (unless one is already started)
I hope I can do all of that in one round... I believe Ivan missed the last round, so hopefully this can catch me up!

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

TURN 9 - Next deadline: August 8, 12:01 PM

"Men?"
"All of them, every single one."
"Good. We're going. Those are orders, and I want them carried off."
"Yes, sire!"

Suddenly, the multitude of ships that were docked set sail at the cry of a trumpet. Many ships there were, war-galleys, adept at fighting in the sea. Their banner was that of the Scorpions, they had finally set off to do war with the Tarantulas after years of preparation.

"Al hands on deck. I have aâ¦special announcement." whispered the captain.
"All hands on deck!" cried the first mate.
In an instant, hundreds of Scorpions had assembled in the deck of the Proudwater, the greatest ship of the fleet.

"Soldiers of the Scorpii, fellow mariners, brethren!" began the captain. "Today we march not to war, but to justice. Years of iniquity and desecration at the hands of these *******sâ¦. I do not need you to be brave in combat, much less courageous. I need you to send those ****heads into hell without pity, nor re-" the soldiers cheered "-morse! Aye!"

The speech continued with more evil words directed at the Tarantulas, whilst the slaves rowed the fleet of proud timber ahead at an astonishing speed. They were making good time to the shores of Wales, and the Tarantula Kingdom of Cardiff. It was going to be a tough battle against a tougher foe⦠their victory was unlikely, the objective of this first expeditionary force was to secure a beachhead and build a small fort until the arrival of the main army and the beasts of war. The Tarantulas had probably spotted them already, they had spies everywhere. What would be waiting at the other side of the ocean was mystery, yet a very real mystery altogether.

Cities under Control: Stag Lodge
-------
Food: 160
-------
Soldiers: 298
Vehicles: 50 grasshoppers
-------

It is another glorious morning in the Lodge, and the Stags are on their daily business. A normal day with no worries, no hassle and noâ¦tarantulas.. on the distance, you see that a group of large black creatures is approaching.

Cities under Control: Blackpool
-------
Food: 200
Technology: None
-------
Soldiers: 300
-------

"We don't know sire, but they appear to have been looking for the queen because her corpse is not to be seen." replies one of your men as he sips some water from a leaf.

From the wreckage, you find nothing but some bits of honey and dead bees.

Some moments later, one of your men approaches and silently whispers in your ear.

"They are coming."

He walks away.

â¨Cities under Control: Plymouth
â¨-------
â¨Food: 170
â¨Food Income: 50 per turn
â¨Technology: Gathering
â¨Age: the Age of Stone
â¨-------
â¨Soldiers: 237
â¨Soldier Cost/Recruitment: 300/0
â¨Soldier Weapons/Armor: None/None
â¨Vehicles: 50 grasshoppers, 1 Catapult
-------

"We are citizens of the anthill that desire peace, and we thus surrender to your greatness to do as you will and be your people."

Shortly afterwards, a rain of ant corpses falls into the enemy anthill. From inside, screams and evil words are heard coming out.

Cities under Control: Stingza
-------
Food Income: 50
-------
Soldiers: 293
Vehicles:50 grasshoppers
-------
Hive defenses: Mud Wall (Minor)
-------

Your soldiers, armed with nothing but their mandibles, attempt without success to cut down the branch. It is relatively thick and heavy compared to the light fence, you would need to have some sort of sharp tool to cut it downâ¦.

Controlled Cities: Keep of the Recluse
-------
-------
Soldiers: 245
Soldier Weapons/Armor: Pebble (+1)/None
Vehicles: 50 Grasshoppers
-------

The lower mantis force is routed by the onset of the combined forces of the ants and your soldiers. However, the upper regiment stands strong against your assault, fighting valiantly with their back to the wall.

Mantises remaining: 178
Ants remaining: 179
Your Soldiers:245

-------
Food: 170
-------
Soldiers: 246
-------

(Yes, that's fine)

A detachment of your men creeps inside a nearby house. Inside, and atop a large wooden structure, is a bowl with some of the white sweet stuff (sugar). They begin climbing the table to collect the white stuff, and each takes several grains in his arms. But when they begin to return, a man-child comes out of his lair in great rage,and viciously begins stepping on the comrades, several of whom are splattered under the foul creature's terrible feet.

However, the remaining men return with more food. They prostrate at your feet and chant your name, offering you the food.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

-------
-------
-------

'I thought this was going to be a safe mission', Prince Edmund says to his advisor. I want officers to report to the fallen soldiers families and tell them of their heroism and bravery to better the colony.
Thinking of the great being that crushed his ants, Edmund realizes that his colony is utterly defenseless against the will of the larger beings. 'But it wont be like that for long', Edmund tells his advisors. 'Soon they will bow to us, but in the mean time, we need a larger defense.' He tells his advisors to pay 1 unit of food to any ant that wishes to work on the wall (as an incentive), but the law will cease to exist if the colony falls below 70 units of food.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Nyan Ant Empire
â¨Race: Honeypot Ants
â¨Main Anthill: Plymouth
â¨-------
â¨-------

"Hmm fine, but before I let you move into our ant hill you must prove yourself, so I will ask for all of you to build a wall for our hill, of course you will be fed first before you start" (start construction of a Mud wall since everyone else got one)

Alright Close the top entrance of the hill (the enemy hill), we place a giant bolder that takes 30 ants to move over the top)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Nyan Ant Empire
â¨Race: Honeypot Ants
â¨Main Anthill: Plymouth
â¨-------
â¨-------

"Hmm fine, but before I let you move into our ant hill you must prove yourself, so I will ask for all of you to build a wall for our hill, of course you will be fed first before you start" (start construction of a Mud wall since everyone else got one)

Alright Close the top entrance of the hill (the enemy hill), we place a giant bolder that takes 30 ants to move over the top)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Sorry for these double posts, I have been getting errors when I hit submit and it seems to be posting twice)

thfcJack
thfcJack
64 posts
Nomad

The Legion of Stag Beetles
Race: Stag Beetles
Main Lair: Stag Lodge, Sheffield
-------
-------
-------

No... Not more trouble...

I rush to my esteemed captain. "Look to the horizon! More of the creatures, and I think they are headed our way! Waste no time; rouse all the soldiers and prepare to defend the Lodge. I will alert the workers."

After making the announcement to the workers, I'll ask the nearest Stag to ride a grasshopper to the anthill I visited. I need this Stag to attempt to warn them of the approaching Arachnid beasts- though the charades he'll need to use to communicate with the ants may not work...

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

The Glorious Empire of Wasp
Race: Common Wasp
Main Nest: Stingza, Cork
-------
-------
-------
-------
I have a plan. I'll send 40 mounted soldiers riding grasshoppers to attack the termite nest under the cover of darkness. Then, after we have their attention, they will return to the nest, with the termites hopefully in pursuit. they will then take up positions on the walls, and pelt the termites with rocks and sticks

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

(Sorry for these double posts, I have been getting errors when I hit submit and it seems to be posting twice)

No worries.
LupusAureus
LupusAureus
107 posts
Nomad

The United Federation of Brown Recluse Spiders
Race: Brown Recluse Spiders
Capital: Keep of the Recluse, Eastbourne
Controlled Cities: Keep of the Recluse
-------
-------
Soldiers: 245
Soldier Weapons/Armor: Pebble (+1)/None
Vehicles: 50 Grasshoppers

The top half of my forces in the lower part charges the mantises at the upper part, while the other one throws pebbles at them. While my forces at the upper part concentrate on distraction and defense. Also, it would be nice to have a map of the whole thing every 10 turns.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Sorry if I'm not very active, I'm starting to get a lot of work. I won't be able to post for the remainder of today (which is 30 minutes for me) but I promise I will finish writing the next post and post it as soon as I can tomorrow.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

The Unnamed Anarchy of Sonic
Race: Honey Bee
Main Hive: Blackpool
-------
Food: 120
-------
-------

Let's try to hide and just spy on what the people who are coming are doing. might as well gather information.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

TURN 10 - Next deadline: August 13, 12:01 PM

(Due to time issues, I wasn't able to write a story this time. I'm sorry.)
-------
Food: 200
-------
-------
Anthill Defenses: Dirt Wall (Minor)

"Sir, the tall people are dangerous and volatile by nature" says your advisor. "They are best avoided - or terminated." he further remarks with a grin. "Not for long."

Meanwhile, the colony exists in bliss with every ant working as is due. Respecting the wall, your soldiers immediately commence fortifying it with mud bricks and dirt, making it attain a slightly larger stature. Several of the soldiers take your offer, but most decide to work for free as sign of their fealty and service to you.

During the construction of the wall, one of your scouts quickly comes back to the city, panting with effort. "Sir. There appears to be a new tall creature in the house, but it is peculiar, as it crawls in four feet and makes loud, disturbing noise. It is dirt in color, and water sprouts almost continually from its horrid mouth."

â¨-------
â¨Food: 220
â¨-------

"Have mercy!" they cry. "We have females and larvae!"

With considerable effort, your ants push the rock and cover the hole. "Now what?" they ask, panting.

-------
-------
-------

Some emissaries of the Tarantula force ride forwards in tall grasshoppers. They unmount. They are clad in heavy iron and have long broadswords at their back. After exchanging some words in their hideous language, they turn to your men.

"Hello, puny, uncivilized maggots." says one of them with a deep voice. "Do you understand the common tongue? We are seeking a group of our comrades, were here some days ago. We will reward you if you tell us anything you know about them."

-------
Food: 120
-------
-------

"Charge!"
A great force of your men, mounted on grasshoppers, quickly cut the distance between them and the Termite mound. Within seconds, a massive force of termites had angrily come out of the foul place, swarming the nearby yard with their despicable selves.

After making contact, your soldiers began the planned retreat with success. The termites ran behind, eagerly chasing after the mounted warriors. They rapidly entered the walls and then the gates were shut.

Outside your walls, a great number of termites assembled. Rocks, water, and other projectiles were thrown at them, but still they tried to scale the wall.

-------
-------
-------

"Sir, it's too dangerous!" says your advisor, a cautious bee. "If they managed to break this hive's defenses, who knows what they are capable of? They might kill us all!"

Showing 106-120 of 129