ForumsForum GamesAnthill RPG (IC)

129 26144
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Good morning, and welcome to the fourth installment of the Anthill RPG series!
I am your host, Nilo the Ant.

This is the thread in which the RPG will take place in, the In-Character thread. The OOC (out of character) thread can be found here.

This thread will be open for all purposes related to the RPG, except questions about rules and such. If you have a question please write it in my profile as a comment, here.

The Technology tree can be found here.

The map will be constantly updated, I think we all know why.

• 129 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Sec, your wasps don't know how to use fire yet. There's an actual technology for it, and you can't manipulate fire until you research it. You have an opportunity to change your action, you should use it :P

LupusAureus
LupusAureus
107 posts
Nomad

The United Federation of Brown Recluse Spiders
Race: Brown Recluse Spiders
Capital: Keep of the Recluse, Eastbourne
Controlled Cities: Keep of the Recluse
-------
Food: 480
Food Income: 30
Technology: None
-------
Soldiers: 291
Soldier Cost/Recruitment: 300/0
Soldier Weapons/Armor: Pebble (+1)/None
Vehicles: 50 Grasshoppers
-------
Keep Defenses: Dirt Wall (Minor) {Upgrading to Clay Wall (X)}

I send 100 of the soldiers go in from North and another hundred from the south to flank the attacking mantises. After this attack ends, I station small hidden outposts to guard the ways into the Keep of Recluse, all of the guards stationed here are scouts or runners, so the alert could be given out fast. I try to speed up the process of the clay walls, so if possible it could be done in the next turn. Any news of the ants in the west?

LupusAureus
LupusAureus
107 posts
Nomad

-------
-------
-------

I send 100 of the soldiers go in from North and another hundred from the south to flank the attacking mantises. After this attack ends, I station small hidden outposts to guard the ways into the Keep of Recluse, all of the guards stationed here are scouts or runners, so the alert could be given out fast. I try to speed up the process of the clay walls, so if possible it could be done in the next turn. Any news of the ants in the west?

LupusAureus
LupusAureus
107 posts
Nomad

-------
-------
-------

thfcJack
thfcJack
64 posts
Nomad

The Legion of Stag Beetles
Race: Stag Beetles
Main Lair: Stag Lodge, Sheffield
Cities under Control: Stag Lodge
-------
Food: 390
Food Income: 30 per turn
-------
Soldiers: 300
Soldier Weapons/Armor: None/None
Vehicles: 50 grasshoppers
-------

I feel reassured and inspired by my bodyguard. I take a deep breath, and then I produce the loudest sound I can. I hope this works.

I'll charge full speed into the nearest spider.

(OOC: Am I supposed to update my food each turn, or am I stuck at 390 for a reason?)

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Sorry Jack, I sometimes forget to add people their food. You should have 490 this turn.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

The Empire of the Fallen
Race: Fire Ants
Main Anthill: Liverpool
Cities under Control: Liverpool
-------
Food: 530
-------
Soldiers: 250
Vehicles: 40 grasshoppers
-------
Anthill Defenses: Dirt Wall (Petty)

Finally I have enough food for Gathering.My anthill with all my soldierrs will start with learning skills Gathering.Food is the basis of the Empire said the King of ants.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

The Glorious Empire of Wasp
Race: Common Wasp
Main Nest: Stingza, Cork
Cities under Control: Stingza
-------
Food: 490
Food Income:30
-------
Soldiers: 293
Vehicles:50 grasshoppers
-------
A feeling hits me, like an outside force has intervened, my inspiration fades. But it returns in a different form. We could build some sort of barricade! The wood wouldn't work, so instead, I order my men to use mud. 40 soldiers are to supervize the building of mud walls around the city

thfcJack
thfcJack
64 posts
Nomad

I just reread it, and I hope I didn't come off as snide with my question. I was just a little unsure. But it's no big deal at all, I'll try to pay more attention to my food each turn.

LupusAureus
LupusAureus
107 posts
Nomad

Gosh, am sorry for triple posting. My Internet glitches I think so I didn't see that I already ousted. Sorry again.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Don't worry Lupus next turn tomorrow.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

TURN 7 - Next deadline: August 3, 12:01 PM

"Drive them back! Argh..!" cried Captain Verulus as he plunged his sharp steel rapier into a Tarantula. He was covered in sweat and the thick black blood of his foes, his once golden cape now ragged and black as well. His steel cuirass had taken a lot of punishment, but had saved him from a couple of would-be deadly blows. His helmet had fallen off his head and was lost in the battle, his face was punished and black.

He was one of the many mantises defending the hole in the wall that the Tarantulas' devilry had opened, the others his bodyguards. Again and again would they rout the foe, only to have another wave come in and fight. They were growing weary, but the battle pressed on. Many corpses were decorating the wet dirt, most of them black and hairy. However, bright steel armor and green blood was present as well, and not in small numbers

Another Tarantula wave rushed forth to meet the proud but weary rapiers of the Captain's Guard, and once again the attackers were defeated and sent into a rout. Once again, more of the Guards fell to the ground, their corpses joining the multitude of bodies in the dirt.

Atop the walls, the fighting had almost come to an end. The Tarantulas had been driven back into the ground, some of the siege engines had been disabled or destroyed. Now, corpses were the ones protecting the tall walls from assault. Fire raged in the buildings close to the wall, creating a horrid black backdrop for the battle. Arrows still flew from the unassailable gatehouse and crashed against the relentless tarantulas that charged again and again.

"Captain!" cried one of the members of the Guard, his face haggard and bruised. "Look!" From atop the gatehouse, the banner of the Mantises flew proudly, even as one of its two towers had collapsed upon itself after one of the destructive black spheres had been thrown against it by a catapult. The Mantises above were thus trapped atop the gatehouse, but still they hailed the brave members of the Guard that still fought.

During this brief intermission, as the Tarantulas rallied for another assault, good words were exchanged amongst those trapped in the a building and those trapped in a battle. Then, the black storm rushed forward once more, trying again to break the second best soldiers in the mantis dominion, and failing once more.

The mantises spat on the corpses, and wearily, cheered their brethren.

"Captain!" cried another soldier, the one with the haggard face had perished, sliced in half by a heavy greatsword. "Look!" This time, the soldier pointed towards the distance.

"Sh**." answered Verulus as he strained his eyes.
â¨Cities under Control: Plymouth
â¨-------
â¨Food: 60
â¨Food Income: 50 per turn
â¨Technology: Gathering
â¨Age: the Age of Stone
â¨-------
â¨Soldiers: 237
â¨Soldier Cost/Recruitment: 300/0
â¨Soldier Weapons/Armor: None/None
â¨Vehicles: 50 grasshoppers, 1 Catapult
-------

The catapult is captured and the men storm the outside barricades of the Anthill. The enemies protecting it were caught unaware and were viciously killed by your soldiers.

From inside the enemy Anthill, cries are heard. Some are mad, more are happy. Now, your men hold all possible escape routes from the Anthill, and your legions approach it, ready to storm it once and for all.

Cities under Control: Blackpool
-------
Food: 70
Food Income: 50 per turn
-------
-------

Despite the efforts of the wise women, the Bee dies in your hive. His body is properly buried, and then night falls. Next morning, some of your scouts approach you upon your waking.

"Sir, the nearby hive appears to have collapsed from its place. Whatever threw it down was certainly not mother nature. There are strange markings in the branch that was broken and upon which the hive was restingâ¦you should come and see."

-------
Food: 520
-------
-------
Keep Defenses: Dirt Wall (Minor) {Upgrading to Clay Wall next turn}

"March!" cries your general as he urges the troops forward into battle. The soldiers, two regiments of 130 soldiers (I assume?) advance to battle and engage the Mantises attacking the city.

The city has a small dirt wall around it, there are also small dirt watchtowers in the wall from which ants with slingshots are firing pebbles into the attacking force. A crimson standard depicting an ant with a shield flies with the wind. The ants notice that you are friendly, and during the battle, one of their representatives advances towards your general and shakes his hand, speaking in an unknown tongue.

"Sure, we'll help!" answers your general, attempting to communicate with the ant through gestures. Then, your soldiers approach the battle and flank the attackers. Your orders.

Battle Scenario
Mantises Remaining: 412
Ants Remaining: 251
Your Soldiers: 260

Battle Map (pardon the low quality, I'm not the best mapper around)
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9vmXwn2.png[/IMG]

(You are now able to research the technology of Gathering).

-------
-------
-------

"Yaaah!" cry your men as they beset the foe from all directions. The silence that was present only a few moments earlier is terribly broken by the clash of mandible on flesh and limb on exoskeleton. After a few brief moments, one of the enemy is dead. The first Tarantula to die was rather fat, he had no time to respond to the sudden onset by you and four of your men that jumped on top of the creature and used your strong mandibles to chop its head off.

The second one fell shortly after, as another six of your men jumped simultaneously into the creature and bit deep into its bodice, shortly afterwards strangling it to death. The third, however, had quicker reactions and after splattering one of your men and crushing another's skull with its eight limbs, it stood up and repelled attack with a fire-stick. Soon, however, it fell to one of your stronger men, who ran under the beast and climbed its back to take a deep bite into its head.

After this heroic deed, your men celebrated and cried loudly, shaking you vigorously in celebration. "All hail to our brave and courageous leader! Haha!"

Cities under Control: Liverpool
-------
Technology: Gathering
-------
Soldiers: 250
Vehicles: 40 grasshoppers
-------
Anthill Defenses: Dirt Wall (Petty)

"You could not be more right, king!" said the ants of the Fallen, as they joyously celebrated as the empire's food income nearly doubled. The Night Ants came shortly after with a small gift of 20 food in honor of your alliance, and they left soon after.

Cities under Control: Stingza
-------
Food Income:30
-------
Soldiers: 293
Vehicles:50 grasshoppers
-------
Hive defenses: Mud Wall (Petty)

(You do know that your hive is up in a tree, right? I think you want the wall to be at the tree trunk's base? It'll be there, I guess).

Your men have begun building the walls, hurriedly piling mud before the Termites come out on their daily wood-chewing trip. When they follow it, they taunt and mock the men building the wall, who ignore these insults and proceed with their work.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

Cities under Control: Blackpool
-------
-------
-------

"alright. lead the way"

thfcJack
thfcJack
64 posts
Nomad

The Legion of Stag Beetles
Race: Stag Beetles
Main Lair: Stag Lodge, Sheffield
-------
-------
-------

I take a moment to enjoy the victory, still panting from the rush of the battle.

"Alright, very, very well done men! We have defeated these fearsome arachnid rogues," I say. The soldiers are clearly proud of their endeavor, and rightfully so. "Now, we are surely a tired bunch, but I would like to head back to the Lodge right away. I hate to even imagine who we might have disturbed with that commotion," I say, looking up at the sky wearily. One never knows, I think as I study the sky for a moment. Feeling the anxious gazes of the survivors, I bring my attention back to them. "Of course, if you all do not feel well enough to travel back home yet, we can rest here for a while. What are your thoughts?"

If my workers can research Gathering while I am away, that would be great.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Nyan Ant Empire
â¨Race: Honeypot Ants
â¨Main Anthill: Plymouth
â¨Cities under Control: Plymouth
â¨-------
â¨Food: 60
â¨Food Income: 50 per turn
â¨Technology: Gathering
â¨Age: the Age of Stone
â¨-------
â¨Soldiers: 237
â¨Soldier Cost/Recruitment: 300/0
â¨Soldier Weapons/Armor: None/None
â¨Vehicles: 50 grasshoppers, 1 Catapult
-------

I simply ask for their kings/queen to be sent out, from there I execute their leader, I appoint one of my guards to manage the nest along with 50 soldiers but only after I remove those ants who are still enemies, those who accept me as their new leader live the ones who don't are imprisoned and used as field laborers which are closely guarded.

All the ants are eventually moved into my main ant hill after expansion of the nest, and the sorting process. Laborers/prisoners are kept on the surface, they work on meager meals.

(So all in all after this transition period do I have some spoils , it would be nice to get a boost to food production and maybe find a stash of weapons lol)

Showing 76-90 of 129