ForumsSupport ForumWant to be a Mod? Want Merits?

59 15153
John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Then DON'T ASK!

We love that you love Armor Games enough to try to become a moderator or that you want extra points for writing a great review but we will not make you a moderator or give you a merit if you ask.

Why?

Because we choose our moderators by selecting members of the community who are responsible, mature, and contribute in great ways to the site. We watch in our own eyes and suggest to each other who should become the next mod. If you say to us "hey, I want to be a mod!" you are hurting this process because we want to choose based on qualities of users we need... leadership, responsibility, maturity, respect, and dedication to make the site awesome. Saying "I should be mod!" makes us think twice... mod material comes from people who SHOW US they can be a mod, not ASK US.

So don't:
Ask a mod to make you a moderator on the site.
Ask an admin to make you a moderator on the site.
Suggest a user to become a moderator on the site.

As for merits, we don't want you shoving your merits in our faces. We have quite a few people scouring the site looking for awesome comments to merit so if you wrote something good most likely it will be found. If it isn't found, that isn't to say you didn't do something great for the site. People who write lots of good comments end up becoming mods as well, so maybe you won't get the merit but you might get something even better!

So help the site by being good Armor Games users, but let us choose the next mods and merits on our own accord.

Thanks!

• 59 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

So help the site by being good Armor Games users, but let us choose the next mods and merits on our own accord.

Basically what i have been doing I'm sure this will help everyone! Thanks John for being kind enough to take your time to write out this guide! Kudos!
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I'll try my best to follow that advice. Thanks!!

Ribery
Ribery
39 posts
Nomad

Lots of people don't know this and do what it says not to do. Hopefully now they'll understand!

Ribery
Ribery
39 posts
Nomad

Also, I suggest someone sticky this as well!

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

I understand but I am not here for the power. I am just here to help people out and play some games.

Ribery
Ribery
39 posts
Nomad

Great! It's been stickied! Now everyone who comes here should be able to see it!

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

This is really great. I have to tell you it's annoying for me when I see people asking all the time, "Can I be a mod," or "Can you look at this comment and give me a merit," so I know it must be annoying for the moderators. Maybe this will ease it up a little bit.

lumpiaman510
lumpiaman510
375 posts
Nomad

ok thanks for the info.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

This should have been posted earlier, but this will keep a load of admins and moderators.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

this won't stop them all trust me :P

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

this won't stop them all trust me :P

But it will hopefully help
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

you should make it go to this forum topic as soon as they get a new account or edit it into the new account setup
thatd help loads

(but not with all that legal terms notice thingy noone reads those (or at least wants to))

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I am so excited to see this! Thank you so much John for taking the time to write this, I have something to refer people to now. Thank you, thank you!

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Hallelujah! Haha, so many people ask how to be amod when they can just look at the help page, but this is a bit more noticable. Great job!

Prim
Prim
43 posts
Nomad

Yup a wonderful masterpeice to all those who want merits and want to be a mod (which is almost everyone). Very useful.

Showing 1-15 of 59