ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555560
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

How does that work? One, the big bang, happened all at once,

The stars and other solar bodies formed after the Big Bang and not all at once. In fact our star, the Sun is about a third generation star. That means the process of stars coming into existence and then dying happened at least three times before ours formed.

Secondly, how can evolution be any faster than anything else?

Where did I say it was faster?
If a star formed with an Earthlike planet billions of years before our star formed that planet would have had those extra billions of years to allow for life to take hold and evolve.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Since it looks like my last post didn't show for some reason I will try posting again.

The stars and other solar bodies formed after the Big Bang and not all at once. In fact our star, the Sun is about a third generation star. That means the process of stars coming into existence and then dying happened at least three times before ours formed.

If a star formed with an Earthlike planet billions of years before our star formed that planet would have had those extra billions of years to allow for life to take hold and evolve.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Going to give this one more try hopefully it will go through this time, (third times a charm)

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Great now they appear. Could a mod get rid of the other two repeat posts, was running into some sort of glitch where the post wasn't displaying.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Great now they appear. Could a mod get rid of the other two repeat posts, was running into some sort of glitch where the post wasn't displaying.

I can't see them. For that matter, I can't see the two I posted yesterday or anything from page 302.... I can only see one.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I'm only seeing two posts on page 302 currently.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Don't worry Mage - so am I. I guess the site is still glitching pretty bad. My post in the Free Will thread still hasn't turned up.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

don't forget to look at page 302 when it comes up, i posted something that you should get a kick a kick out of, because its misrepresenting athiests. also the religious people will get a kick out of it too.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Can anyone see this? I can't see anyone's arguments...

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Well that fixed it....

But there were no Christian arguments...

tiki13
tiki13
12 posts
Nomad

i think people should be able to believe what they want to without other people forcing there stuff on them, there are annoying people on both ends

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

.......Sorry for this needless post, but posting fixes the glitch...

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

....Can anyone else see what I am typing?

Testing, 123, testing...Do we have contact?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I'm a christian, and I believe in God.
Even if you're not A Christian, I think that believing in something is better than not believing in anything.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

not really a point. but this is a pretty famous routine, that being said, i think it might misrepresent athiests, in the way that i don't think you all think your going to be a tree. but then again, i know alot of athiest tht randomly throw it out there, in almost a superior sort of way, is this the attitude of most athiests? do you all think your better than religious people?? just a thought.....

Showing 2911-2925 of 3094