ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555554
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Why is there such ambiguity and debate over the term "agnostic"? For crying out loud people, you should probably just let it go. I mean...it's just a word. Yanno? If you're debating and someone makes a mistake like that, then yeah, jump on it...but this thread is just kind of stagnant at the moment.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Why is there such ambiguity and debate over the term "agnostic"? For crying out loud people, you should probably just let it go.

The problem is it's not just a common misunderstanding. Even sources that should be reliable don't get it right.

This points out the issue.
Misrepresenting Atheism
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

exactly joe96, why cant there be a higher power thats the why, not the how.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

exactly joe96, why cant there be a higher power thats the why, not the how.

Not saying there can't be, just wanting proof before accepting God as any kind of answer. Also based on what we have observed it appears that if a God does exist he wasn't really needed for anything.

Answering the how often also answers the why. For example answering how the sky appears blue during the day also answer why it appears blue. But even if this wasn't so just saying "God did it" doesn't answer why either. It's like asking why should I listen to you and getting the reply "just because".

But since we are on it about God filling the gap about kick starting the Big Bang, why do you think it just had to be one God? why couldn't it be two gods, or three, or five gods?
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

im not, personally, i just beleive in a nameless higher power. sort of a super being, or even a highly evolved super race of ultimately intelligent beings. i love the thought that we are an experiment, to see what, if any is the benefit of such things as love/hate/feelings/and other such mainly human ideals

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Well we can't create any new threads, so this one comes back...

Steven Hawking has published a book saying god was unnecessary to create the universe. Has anyone read it yet? It sounds like an interesting read. Its nice to know science and reason has actual scientist on our side...

Leviathan019
Leviathan019
39 posts
Nomad

Quoting from MageGrayWolf a few pages back:

I quoted from both old and new testament. The new testament doesn't say to ignore the old and it often refers back to it.

The Old Testament details some of the relationship between God and His people, Israel. The laws given there were meant for Israel, under the Abrahamic Covenant. After the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, a new covenant was made between God and the new church. Therefore, what had previously been held as law to the Israelites, didn't necessarily apply to the new church, unless Jesus had preached it as Law.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

The Old Testament details some of the relationship between God and His people, Israel. The laws given there were meant for Israel, under the Abrahamic Covenant. After the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, a new covenant was made between God and the new church. Therefore, what had previously been held as law to the Israelites, didn't necessarily apply to the new church, unless Jesus had preached it as Law.

Lets see what Jesus himself has to say about this...

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Well looks like he is pretty clear "THE OLD TESTIMATE IS STILL IN EFFECT, FOREVA!"
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

"THE OLD TESTIMATE IS STILL IN EFFECT, FOREVA!"

Chill with the caps =P

@Levi and numbers you're actually both biblically correct as both points can be backed up by scripture. Unfortunately this creates quite the nasty little paradox.
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

I have proof that atheism is EVIL!!!! look!

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6060/lollllllllllp.jpg

This is obviously an omen!

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

lol, nice, btw, way off topic, can someone post on my pro how to do a screen shot, i just cant figure it out.....

um athiest's suck, thiests suck, gnostics suck, and agnostics suck, and damn crab people, they suck the most

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Hawkings and Mlodinow's new book
Talks about universe creation and Hawkings said he denies God scientifically.
I don't read really but I might even buy this as I'm curious what they have to say about it

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Hawkings and Mlodinow's new book
Talks about universe creation and Hawkings said he denies God scientifically.
I don't read really but I might even buy this as I'm curious what they have to say about it

Already mentioned it myself, to late!

It also mentions that the big bang was inevitable do to the laws of physics, such as gravity.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Already mentioned it myself, to late!

Ahh yeah sorry, didn't read the page when I posted xD
Just came across it and quickly posted it..
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Ahh yeah sorry, didn't read the page when I posted xD
Just came across it and quickly posted it..

Can't get faster than me, I read a blog of atheist blogs every hour!
Showing 2881-2895 of 3094