ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555559
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I'm a christian, and I believe in God.
Even if you're not A Christian, I think that believing in something is better than not believing in anything.

Why so? Isn't the truth better than a lie?

And for never-I can't understand what the hell your talking about. Seriously, at least get a spell check and attempt to spell correctly...
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

'm a christian, and I believe in God.
Even if you're not A Christian, I think that believing in something is better than not believing in anything.

for god sakes dude atheist believe in something!!

its believing that there's nothing is it really that hard to understand?
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I believe in a lot of things. I believe that evolution, abiogenesis, the big bang, quantum fluctuations, gravity, the germ theory, et cetera are all real, and I have evidence which shows them to be so. What I don't believe are fairy tales. These include the boogeyman, peter rabbit, santa claus, the easter bunny, and any supernatural deity, apparition, creator, or any other such unfounded nonsense.

You see, I have an addiction to being right, and because of that I can only say that something is real if I can show that it is. That is where atheists and theist are fundamentally different, and I disagree that believing in fairy tales is in any way better than not believing.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

And for never-I can't understand what the hell your talking about. Seriously, at least get a spell check and attempt to spell correctly

were you referring to me?? because i think the only word i misspelled was 'that' and i forgot the a in it.....
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

its believing that there's nothing is it really that hard to understand?

It lacks belief in a deity, doesn't mean it believes in nothing.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

well atheists never read the bible and they say its bull well i did and there is not a single loop hole
also atheists did u know that the bigbang is a theary something that scientists made up to explain everything that also translates to
big boom happened then monkey decided to be ppl.......wtf
so god is the way to go.....
if u make fun of my spelling u got nothing else on me bitch

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

just sayin, not on the atheists side here, but many of them have read the bible

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

well atheists never read the bible and they say its bull well i did and there is not a single loop hole

I read the Bible and I still say it's bull, in fact I read several versions of the Bible and still say it's bull.

also atheists did u know that the bigbang is a theary something that scientists made up to explain everything that also translates to

A scientific theory isn't something scientists just made up it's the best explanation based on the observed facts and has held up against objective testing.

Actually the Big Bang was more of an expansion then an explosion and your jumping well ahead and into another theory. but in evolution things don't decide to be what they are. So you fail on both points here.

How did you come to that conclusion? even if we were to disprove the Big Bang theory, the theory of abiogenesis, and the theory of evolution. You would still have to provide evidence for God doing it. "God did it" is not the default position.

if u make fun of my spelling u got nothing else on me

I got tons on you, you failed on every point you made.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

You brilliantly failed to show what the BigBang and evolution theories are. They are not made up, but based on data and partly proven.
Concerning the bible I never saw a loophole myself since I never really read it, so I'll let 314d1 and Mage handle this one; but I had to read a passage of my choice in the bible once for religion course, a few dozen pages I think; I never read more than a few since what I read was so absurd.. if I recall well it was a passage telling a story about a woman, who was in fact the sun, hiding in a hut in the desert so that the big bad dragon wouldn't find her and eat her. Tell me: should I believe this?!
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

mage millions of ppl r atheist but about 5 billion r religious so if what u say is so right then why do billions of ppl prefer rellgion?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Because they're sheeps and follow the herd?

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

hahiha where the fuck does it say anything about a dragon
nowhere
u dont have to lie
then u failed by saying we r like sheep.....i chose to be with god my parents didnt i didnt follow anyone but god

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

mage millions of ppl r atheist but about 5 billion r religious so if what u say is so right then why do billions of ppl prefer rellgion?

Early childhood indoctrination, fear tactics to keep people from thinking otherwise or even questioning the religion, the offer of being part of a greater whole (humans are social animals), offer of rewards for staying with the religion (weather they may be false or real), lack of ability to think critically. The ease of gaining a false sense of hope, false sense of security, false sense of forgiveness.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

hahiha where the **** does it say anything about a dragon
nowhere
u dont have to lie

Lol I'm not lying, I swear to you by everything that I love that I read about a dragon chasing the sun in my version of the Holy Bible. I wouldn't find it anymore since this was years ago.
Anyway, why are there so many illustrations of saints slaying dragons? Dragons are part of your mythology, accept that.
then u failed by saying we r like sheep.....i chose to be with god my parents didnt i didnt follow anyone but god

You consider Jesus as your shepherd, so I'm not that far away from truth XD
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

if I recall well it was a passage telling a story about a woman, who was in fact the sun, hiding in a hut in the desert so that the big bad dragon wouldn't find her and eat her.

There are a number of passage in the Bible about dragons, but I think this one comes from another religion. I could be wrong however, it's hard to keep track of all the bull in the Bible.

Dragons in the Bible

How often do you not think beyond your predetermined assumptions and just believing without justification?
Showing 2926-2940 of 3094