ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555571
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

thats nice

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Let me ask you Christians this: Why do you believe in the Christian faith and not the Jewish, Hindu, or Muslim faiths? You each have exactly the same supporting evidence, teach much of the same principles, and yet each one claims the other is wrong.

Another question: What evidence and argument would someone need to make to prove to you that a particular God exists and that a particular religion pertaining to that God was right?

Now for the first question, I'll say that your religion is being dismissed by others for the same reasons you dismiss theirs. Until provable evidence is shown in regards to any particular religion then there is no basis for calling one or another right or correct. These are terms that demand supporting evidence, and no religion to date has provided this.

For the second question, that same amount of evidence required to prove to you the validity of an opposing viewpoint to the point that it would lead you to convert to that religion is likely close to what would be required to prove your position to anyone else. If you don't have it, don't bother trying to sway people's opinions.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Why do you believe in the Christian faith and not the Jewish, Hindu, or Muslim faiths?

Islam and Christianity are daughter religions of Judaism because they all worship God/Allah/Yahweh. sorry for nitpicking

Once again, the main problem with anything that seems otherworldly is that people's testimonies cannot be tested. Do you trust the people who tell you these things? There is the problem of what we perceive, and what actually happens. For example, I can blame my missing TV remote on the ghost that haunts my house. But in reality, the remote fell down into the abyss of my couch.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

this is about opinion 31, not information. and who made you ruler of the forum.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

this is about opinion 31, not information. and who made you ruler of the forum.

Providing information can be just as important, perhaps more so.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Providing information can be just as important, perhaps more so.

that separates fact from some guy trolling his own bias.

Information is the difference between fact and fiction.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Islam and Christianity are daughter religions of Judaism because they all worship God/Allah/Yahweh. sorry for nitpicking

Eh, Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism, however Islam is not, and existed separately from Judaism at the same time. However they are all different faiths. The deity they worship, whether Yahweh or Allah, is not the heart of the question. The question is why is their particular religion the right one, while the others are wrong.

For example, I can blame my missing TV remote on the ghost that haunts my house. But in reality, the remote fell down into the abyss of my couch.

This is true, but this can also be tested and proven, while personal accounts of personal experiences of purely supernatural origins cannot.

If I tell you that God appeared to me and told me that all the current religions are wrong and that we are supposed to be worshiping the flying spaghetti monster would you believe me? I highly doubt it.

What if I got 11 of my friends to say the same thing? Would you believe us then? I would still doubt it.

What if there was an entire religion and a very old book which says what I am saying? Are you going to believe that? Again, I doubt it.

So why do you believe in your religion? What do you have other than a multitude of people who believe the same as you, and old book, and some emotions?
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

i think the word is faith MRWalker, they have faith.

that separates fact from some guy trolling his own bias

so opinions are not welcome here? unless they are substantiated by evidence, i see.....
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

i think the word is faith MRWalker, they have faith.

faith; belief without evidence

What's so good about that?

so opinions are not welcome here? unless they are substantiated by evidence, i see.....

Sure it's welcome, but if you come in with some extraordinary claim we're going to want something extraordinary to back it up. If you fail to provide that evidence then we can conclude your opinion is pure fiction.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

A meaning to life is what each person gives it.

Fully agreeing with this.

Faith can be great, but when you get countries fighting over pure faith (and who worship the same god) then it starts to become a problem. Faith is now not a personal issue but one that kills, exiles or opresses a large number of people.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Islam is an offshoot of Judaism.

Judaism is the base from which Christianity and Muslim faiths have been structured around.
Islam is a direct descendant of Judaism and Christianity, incorporating some of the teachings of those religions-modifying some and rejecting others.

Moses is mentioned in the Holy Qur'an more than any other prophet. There are forty-three references to Israelites in the Quran.

Think for example the CSI or the Law&Order franchise. Every spin-off show is unique and has it's own cast, but they always share some similar values and there are once in a while crossovers.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Basically it's like this.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/religion_pngaebd9899-e348-409b-ad53-a83b71cb00f7.jpg

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

Sure it's welcome, but if you come in with some extraordinary claim we're going to want something extraordinary to back it up. If you fail to provide that evidence then we can conclude your opinion is pure fiction

wait now, how can you 'judge' someone elses opinion? not saying either side is right here, but is this all this has come to, just saying, "well, i don't agree with you, so your wrong"..... on both sides........
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

We never said they were wrong - just that they hadn't provided any supporting evidence.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

pure fiction

that doesn't mean false, or in other words, "wrong"
Showing 2971-2985 of 3094