ForumsThe TavernIn the Service of our Dark Lord and Savior, Cthulhu

39 19915
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

100 million years ago, the Great Cthulhu entered into his period of hibernation, awaiting the time from whence forth he would emerge to bring to the Earth much evil and destruction. So it has been written by the Prophet Lovecraft.

So too, has it been written, that the Dread Cthulhu would spring forth from his slumbers and quench his thirst and hungr upon the blood and flesh of those dwelling in this realm. Such a fate is unavoidable, for unlike Hastur the Unspeakable we are ordained to dwell among the surface in the dust. So it has been written by the Prophet Lovecraft.

It is then my duty to you, my fellow citizens, to warn you that such a time is near. Cthulhu is soon to emerge, and upon those who have faithfully awaited his coming he will visit immediate and relatively painless deaths. However, those who doubted his existence and sid not prepare will be violently and completely destroyed in what is sure to be a long and agonizing affair.

The final awakening of our Dark Lord and Master is soon upon us, and the time is quickly running out where you might make yourself a useful servant of His most Sinister and Malicious Master. Please post to signify your own enlightenment, that you might serve as a living testament to the unfaithful.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

• 39 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Paula Guran's recent anthology of the Modern Weird is not a bad read....

kylefitch1
kylefitch1
100 posts
Jester

JESUS IS LORD!

Cthulhu is made up.

kylefitch1
kylefitch1
100 posts
Jester

Hey, I'm just standing up for Christians... what's necroing?

kylefitch1
kylefitch1
100 posts
Jester

I don't pay attention to dates... besides, the 'feeding on flesh and blood' thing is creepy. Who wants to believe they're going to be savagely ripped limb from limb?

Not me, thank you very much.

My posts on this thread are out.

I'm out.

Of this thread.

Over and out.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

But Cthulhu is watching you from his location.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

JESUS IS LORD!

Cthulhu is made up.

May the old one's have mercy on you.

I don't pay attention to dates... besides, the 'feeding on flesh and blood' thing is creepy. Who wants to believe they're going to be savagely ripped limb from limb?

Well then you shouldn't go through pages of Tavern to look for threads
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Hey, I'm just standing up for Christians.

Since nobody else does. Poor Christians
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

May the old one's have mercy on you.

Amen.
Fortunately you guys don't seem to remember the time that I did something much like that in a thread....I feel so stupid about it now...

You know, it's been 7 months and I still don't get what this thread is about other than the occasional mention of Cthulhu.

~Manly
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I don't really get what it's about either. And since the necro, the conversation doesn't seem to be going anywhere. So I think I'll just go ahead and shut it down.

Showing 31-39 of 39