ForumsWEPRDrug Regulation

123 49868
MachoMachoGrande
MachoMachoGrande
2 posts
Nomad

Ive seen my friends grow up recently into older teens now. They used to be really cool and stuff, but now they like smoking... illegal things if you know what i mean. I want you guys to know that if you know someone whod oes this and it bothers you too you can talk to me about it because i understand how you feel about it too.
but really, what i want to talk about is how you guys feel about recent growth in teenagers smoking things not tobacco?
would you reach out to a friend in need?
we need more good people reaching out to people addicted to drugs so they can be good people again too.
if you were addicted to drugs how would you want to be approached?
i for one would want my family to step in and throw an intervention. i feel like if enough people i care about told me that i had a problem and couldnt livea normal life i would really change my mind about whatever drug i would be addicted too.
thank you please think and respond.
MachoMachoGrande

• 123 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Because the prohibition taught us nothing about U.S. culture.

the US culture is about, nothing or everything.. there normally is no grey area. they either ban something entirely or give it away in goodie bags. it's always, this or that. no ways of finding a middle road where it's a bit of both.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Obviously heavier more addictive and more dangerous drugs would require more restrictions and different regulations to obtain, use and sell.

and i find it strange that people think that a drug (any drug) should be allowed to be sold by just any random shop owner.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

like?
it doesn't benefit your health... get that out of your brain plz...

After you're done drinking your chemical infested diet mountain dew, go read about the health benefits of cannabis.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

After you're done drinking your chemical infested diet mountain dew, go read about the health benefits of cannabis.

Would you like to enlighten us?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Here are some big health benefits

from link:
"A list of the 10 most notable, common conditions, afflictions and diseases that marijuana has been proven to help."

as i said. yes it can help temporary for people with health problems...
a health body does not benefit from marijuana.

also your 2nd link is about medical marijuana use. i.e. unhealthy people.

give me source for your so called knowledge on this...
my source is personal experience of over 15 year. i learned much about what it does and doesn't do over the course of these years and i'm sure that we educated people better about marijuana here in the netherlands then anywhere else in the world.
now plz. come with your source for marijuana to be beneficial for your health...
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

now plz. come with your source for marijuana to be beneficial for your health...

In some oriental medicines, snake poison is used and it really does help with the ailment but that is just it, its used when one is sick, not when one is healthy.
You ever got bitten by a scorpion?
My grandfather uses it to cure skin ulcers.
Its tried and true method.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i'm not saying it doesn't help when you have certain conditions.
i'm saying that marijuana does not benefit your health when your completely fine.
for example: when you got pain in your back, it doesn't mean that marijuana can make it less or gone. because it are your muscles that hurt. marijuana only helps for pain in your back when the bones hurt or when nerves are pinched.
putting marijuana on the free market like the americans want (available in every store possible, like a bag of chips) for this reason is no good. people will use it and start using it for the wrong reasons. it is still a drug. and healthy people dont need drugs.. there are no drugs that can be beneficial for healthy people.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

m not saying it doesn't help when you have certain conditions.
i'm saying that marijuana does not benefit your health when your completely fine.
for example: when you got pain in your back, it doesn't mean that marijuana can make it less or gone. because it are your muscles that hurt. marijuana only helps for pain in your back when the bones hurt or when nerves are pinched.
putting marijuana on the free market like the americans want (available in every store possible, like a bag of chips) for this reason is no good. people will use it and start using it for the wrong reasons. it is still a drug. and healthy people dont need drugs.. there are no drugs that can be beneficial for healthy people.

I am not dis agreeing with you chap
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

and i find it strange that people think that a drug (any drug) should be allowed to be sold by just any random shop owner.

And what is wrong with a person using a drug responsibly just for how it makes them feel, even if there are not health benefits?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

(Should I amend the title to better accompany the current discussion on drug use in general..? I don't think there would be a problem...I guess I can do that...right...now...)

I am a little curious on Mage's perspectives on the sale of drugs. Surely there are some drugs that shouldn't be available due to its permanent, highly-detrimental effects (methamphetamines)? We can have heavy regulation upon its sale and use as much as we can, but just one experience with it can already have permanent adverse effects on the human body. Surely at least these drugs must be kept away from the people?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I am a little curious on Mage's perspectives on the sale of drugs. Surely there are some drugs that shouldn't be available due to its permanent, highly-detrimental effects (methamphetamines)?

I think we should have facilities that not only act as a place to obtain such drugs but double as a place for those who wish to come clean. The sale of any drug would be taxed and the money would go into programs to educated about the effects of drugs and really education in general.

For anyone who would still be fully willing to use such drugs, they will have to do so at this facility, given full disclosure of what the drug will do to them in both written and oral form. They must sign a waver stating they fulling understand what they are doing to themselves. Of course every attempt should be made to dissuade from the decision. I also think perhaps any user might have to give up things such as the ability to drive or raise a family so that the harm is solely on them completely at their consent. Anyone who would knowingly do that to themselves would do so regardless. This would minimize the harm to just that person.

All of this is mostly a rough draft of an idea on how it could be done and does require much fine tuning.
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I think we should have facilities that not only act as a place to obtain such drugs but double as a place for those who wish to come clean. The sale of any drug would be taxed and the money would go into programs to educated about the effects of drugs and really education in general.

For anyone who would still be fully willing to use such drugs, they will have to do so at this facility, given full disclosure of what the drug will do to them in both written and oral form. They must sign a waver stating they fulling understand what they are doing to themselves. Of course every attempt should be made to dissuade from the decision. I also think perhaps any user might have to give up things such as the ability to drive or raise a family so that the harm is solely on them completely at their consent. Anyone who would knowingly do that to themselves would do so regardless. This would minimize the harm to just that person.

All of this is mostly a rough draft of an idea on how it could be done and does require much fine tuning.

You just described real life facilities. I don't remember where exactly, but the government has already set up dozens of the facilities you already mentioned. It is to provide a safe environment to use those drugs, dispensed by the government, and using sterile tools in solitude. This is to prevent over-doses and to slowly get those people off those drugs. Surely, you are familiar with the side effects of stopping heroin use cold turkey. Not only would you need to be hospitalized, it could be deadly. The entire facility is government controlled, all the drugs completely pure, and the drug addicts only get enough to prevent withdrawls.
I would provide evidence, but I have a massive headache right now and I'm about to hit the hay.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Surely, you are familiar with the side effects of stopping heroin use cold turkey

Gives you the shakes. A bunch of guys at my old job were on work release; one of them was a heroin addict who couldn't get enough of it inside, so he paid me 50 dollars to go across the street and buy him a honey bun. The sugar suppossedly helps with it, and I was the only guy who could legally leave the property.

The Fed has said they wouldn't argue with Colorado for legalizing it, so perhaps this will mean full legalization in the future? Or just the Feds stating it as a state's rights issue?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You just described real life facilities. I don't remember where exactly, but the government has already set up dozens of the facilities you already mentioned. It is to provide a safe environment to use those drugs, dispensed by the government, and using sterile tools in solitude. This is to prevent over-doses and to slowly get those people off those drugs. Surely, you are familiar with the side effects of stopping heroin use cold turkey. Not only would you need to be hospitalized, it could be deadly. The entire facility is government controlled, all the drugs completely pure, and the drug addicts only get enough to prevent withdrawls.

Now that you mention it I think I do remember something along those lines. Though what I was proposing was a little different as it wouldn't just be for people in rehab being given the drug to let them down slowly and safely.

Gives you the shakes.

The sudden shock to their system to be without the drug could kill them.
Showing 61-75 of 123