ForumsWEPRDrug Regulation

123 49877
MachoMachoGrande
MachoMachoGrande
2 posts
Nomad

Ive seen my friends grow up recently into older teens now. They used to be really cool and stuff, but now they like smoking... illegal things if you know what i mean. I want you guys to know that if you know someone whod oes this and it bothers you too you can talk to me about it because i understand how you feel about it too.
but really, what i want to talk about is how you guys feel about recent growth in teenagers smoking things not tobacco?
would you reach out to a friend in need?
we need more good people reaching out to people addicted to drugs so they can be good people again too.
if you were addicted to drugs how would you want to be approached?
i for one would want my family to step in and throw an intervention. i feel like if enough people i care about told me that i had a problem and couldnt livea normal life i would really change my mind about whatever drug i would be addicted too.
thank you please think and respond.
MachoMachoGrande

• 123 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

He started using pot, then hashish then coke, crack and guess where he is now? Yeah he's dead.

My grandpa started drinking alcoholic beverages when he was 5 (Germanic parents) and guess where he is now? Yeah he's alive, in his mid-80s living happily with his wife on a lakeshore. What conclusions can we draw from this?
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

My grandpa started drinking alcoholic beverages when he was 5 (Germanic parents) and guess where he is now? Yeah he's alive, in his mid-80s living happily with his wife on a lakeshore. What conclusions can we draw from this?

That he's in his mid 80's and he's still alive. Some people have a stronger body than others. Like those people living in a village in South America where everybody smokes tobacco and the mother is 120 yo, her older daughter is 95 and the baby is 80 yo and they're all walking and smoking.
What conclusion can you draw from that?

If you drug lovers like using drugs then what does it matter if I think drug users are idiots? It won't make you stop using drug. Why do you feel the need to justify it? Is that an ego thing. I'm right, you're wrong, I'm wrong you're right.

Alcoholics always say they're not addicted and they just drink a little, they can stop whenever they want. Can they?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

what does it matter if I think drug users are idiots? It won't make you stop using drug.

My solution: Put them against a wall a shoot them.

If your plan follows through, it will.

Why do you feel the need to justify it?

Because words can lead to actions, legislative or otherwise. Since I know my views can change, I want to have a well-informed position before I protest or vote on something (and I have a research paper on drugs due in a few months). If you'd actually bring some facts and stats instead of spewing opinions, I could change my mind.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Here's a list of some common drugs and categories. Please sort out which ones you find acceptable for use beyond medical reasons and explain why.

Caffeine
Nicotine
Sedatives
Cannabis (marijuana)
Ritalin
Steroids
Cocaine/Crack
Alcohol
Amphetamines

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Caffeine
Nicotine
Sedatives
Cannabis (marijuana)
Ritalin
Steroids
Cocaine/Crack
Alcohol
Amphetamines

Ideally none of them but some have been proved to have medicinal properties and you can't stop drinking coffee because it's in people's way of life and it doesn't alter you state of mind. Caffeine can be bad for some people with health condition like Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's disease and can cause excitement and make it hard to sleep if abused.

Nicotine is bad. I used to smoke so I know. After I quit smoking I started really tasting my food. An apple actually tasted like an apple, isn't that amazing!

Cannabis (marijuana)

One of the component of cannabis called CBD is actually good to help people with seizures and other problems so this is used in medicine.
Potheads use it for the high (THC) they get from it though.

Steroids

Good if used as a temporary medication, not for doping in sport.

Ritalin
Also used as a medication. Don't know much about this one though.

Cocaine/Crack

That's the one I have a hard time with. People often act crazy with this and yes, those who use it should be shot in the head!

Amphetamines

If treated as medicine, I don't have problem with it.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I missed alcohol,
It can be used as aperitif and help with digestion.
Also used in cooking. I like beer battered fish!
It can also be used for medicinal purpose such as disinfectant.
Of course some idiots always find a way to abuse of it.
So if used the proper way I don't see any harm with it.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

if you were addicted to drugs how would you want to be approached?
i for one would want my family to step in and throw an intervention. i feel like if enough people i care about told me that i had a problem and couldnt livea normal life i would really change my mind about whatever drug i would be addicted too.

you can say i'm addicted to it aswell. i smoke it daily if i can. i got control over my marijuana use now. but it hasn't always been like that. it used to cause me problems for some years befor i wanted to make a change.

i think it depends very much per person how they will react to the care of family and friends. i for 1 just didn't saw the care of these people anymore so it didn't matter at all what they told me.
it is easy to say you would change your mind about what drugs you would take.. but what else would you take? alcohol instead? cause alcohol is much worse then marijuana. well there is no less harmless "fun" drug then marijuana, so in that sense you shouldn't worry so much about it. when you however observe changes in their deeper personality then you should talk with them. the overuse of marijuana can cause mental problems like schizophrenia. but dont expect them to change. you can't remove someones addiction by talking with them. the only way they can stop using it, is when they want to stop using it by their own.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Ideally none of them

How about chocolate, which contains dopamine, serotonin, and theophylline? And bananas, which contain dopamine?

and you can't stop drinking coffee because it's in people's way of life

Are they still useless, retarded ****roaches? Why or why not?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

It can also be used for medicinal purpose such as disinfectant.

i hope your not using beer for disinfecting wounds =/

Of course some idiots always find a way to abuse of it.

they make it really easy for alcohol to be abused. i mean go in a random shop and it's very likely you can buy some sort of alcohol.

Also used in cooking. I like beer battered fish!

space-cake,brownies,butter,bread,pancakes,tea, etc. etc. marijuana is used in cooking aswell =P
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

and you can't stop drinking coffee because it's in people's way of life

i dont drink coffee...

anyway this argument can be used for literally every addiction. a addiction is part of someones way of life..
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Drinking coffee and being on crack are two different things.

How? You can get addicted to both of them. They can both make you feel happy or more alert. They both cause psychological changes and blood pressure changes . They both give you withdrawal symptoms if you have an addiction to them and just randomly stop taking them.

Are you being literal again or you just live to win an argument?

Are you just spouting your clear liberal bias or just trying to win an argument with opinions?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Says the guy with twice my posts and 5x my comments with just 4 months of seniority over me. I think we all know who sleeps at their computer...

I'm stubborn..ok? Gosh.

I'd like to drop in a thought..our perspective viewpoint of certain drugs because of the times we live in. Do we view certain drugs bad because they have been perceived as "bad" (i.e. marijuana). I use Cocaine or heroin as examples..both of which were, at one point, used for medicinal purposes and didn't have the stigma they have today.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

So if used the proper way I don't see any harm with it

AHA. Hypocrisy netted!

Anyway, I had to go and delete a few posts because they were both off-topic and applying the Ad Hominem fallacy. We don't like any of that here.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Drugs- Waste of money, time, intelligence, health, and usually, looks XD

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Drugs- Waste of money, time, intelligence, health, and usually, looks XD

Unless it's marijuana, which has been proven to be beneficial to people's health.
Showing 31-45 of 123