ForumsForum GamesChampion of Chiakor

325 75741
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

The Beginning
You grew up in the small village of Chiakor, a remote village with rich traditions, buried deep in the wilds.
Every year for as long as you can remember, your village has chosen a champion to send to the cursed Demon Realm.

Legend has it that in years Chiakor has failed to produce a champion, chaos has reigned over the countryside. Children disappear, crops wilt, and disease spreads like wildfire. This year, you have been selected to be the champion.

Character Creation
What is your name, Champion?
Male or Female?
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick?
If female, are you slender, average, or curvy?
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony?
What color is your hair, and how long?

Stats for the game include:
Strength - Increases your damage and enables the Strong Back perks if high enough.
Toughness - Increases your health points and enables the Tank and Regeneration perks if high enough.
Speed - Increases you chances to evade attacks, certain encounters and to run from a fight. Also enables the Evasion and Runner perks if high enough.
Intelligence - Increase the chance to withstand certain encounters. Spells are also easier to learn and cast.
Corruption - Shows how corrupt you've become since entering the Demon Realm. If high enough, you won't be known as the nice guy anymore. Nice thoughts and actions will be harder to perform if corruption becomes too high. Anger rises a lot faster when more corrupt.
Fatigue - Determines whether or not skills and spells can be used. Waiting, resting, and sleeping reduce fatigue.
Hit points - Your life. If it reaches 0, your enemy will find a way to corrupt your mind or body in some way, adding to your corruption.

Every person is born with a gift. What's yours?
Strength - Are you stronger than normal? +5 to strength
Toughness - Are you unusually tough? +5 to toughness
Speed - Are you very quick? +5 to speed
Smarts - Are you a quick learner? +5 to intelligence
Endurance - Are you energetic? Recover from fatigue 50% faster

Before you became a champion, you had other plans for your life. What were you doing before?
Alchemy - You spent some time as an alchemist's assistant, and alchemical items always seem to be more reactive in your hands. You are much more successful at making concoctions than the normal person, and can make others much more potent.
Fighting - You spent much of your time fighting other children, and you had plans to find work as a guard when you grew up. You do 10% more damage with physical attacks.
Healing - You often spent your free time with the village healer, learning how to tend to wounds. Healing items and effects are 20% more effective.
Religion - You spent a lot of time at the village temple, and learned how to meditate. Meditating will reduce corruption.
Schooling - You spent much of your time in school, and even begged the richest man in town, Mr. Savin, to let you read some of his books. You are much better at focusing, and spellcasting uses 20% less fatigue.
Slacking - You spent a lot of time slacking, avoiding work, and otherwise making a nuisance of yourself. Your efforts at slacking have made you quite adept at resting, and fatigue decreases 20% faster.
Smithing - You managed to get an apprenticeship with the local blacksmith. Because of your time spent at the blacksmith's side, you've learned how to fit armor for maximum protection. Increases armor effectiveness by roughly 10%.

Feel free to ask questions, and have fun if you decide to try! Also, this game is story driven, and every person will have a similar story line, so if you don't want anything spoiled, don't look at others posts. This could also be good for people not playing and reading what happens to see what differences the players actions are and other things.

I'm just kind of into seeing how other people play differently. Anyways, gl.

• 325 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Name & Sex: Archene De'Night, M
Day #2
Time: 11:15 (+0:15)
----------
Complexion: Light
Hair: Brown, long & curly
Height: 5'7"
Masculinity: Slightly Masculine (60/100)
Muscles: Average (54/100)
Frame: Average (50/100)
----------
Body: All human
----------
Perks
Healing: Healing items and effects are 20% more effective.
----------
Outfit: Comfortable Clothes
Weapon: 3 ft Spear (stick + sharpened rock)
Storage: -
----------
Camp Storage: -
----------
Places Explored: -
Special Places: -
----------
Strength: 10
Toughness: 10
Speed: 15
Intelligence: 10
Corruption: 0%
----------
HP: 100%
Fatigue: 36% (-2)
----------
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Gems: 0
Rupees: 0
----------
Quest: None
----------
People: -

I nod, as if I understand.
"A humming brought me here. Was that you? And what is Alchemy?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

I think I figured out a good way to calculate the hunger and thirst thing.

Firstly, the most accurate way is to multiply 0.005 by any # of minutes for hunger, and for thirst to multiply 0.02 by any # of minutes.

So for hunger, you can last two weeks until you start slowly dying, as in real life.

And for thirst, you can last between 3-4 days until you begin dying from severe dehydration.

If we do this though, then penalties for not drinking or eating will have to be incorporated at a very low percentage. So if your hunger % is at 10%, that means you haven't eaten for 33 hours, which is 1,980 minutes. So, even when the percentage is as low as 10%, that still means you haven't eaten in a day and a half, which isn't good. So I guess at 10% and up, the penalties would get more severe. Any thoughts?

Day #2
Time: 11:20 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 34% (-2)
----------
----------
----------

I nod, as if I understand.
"A humming brought me here. Was that you? And what is Alchemy?"

She giggles, and indirectly answers you as she gently floats away, humming the same tune you heard before as you lose sight of her. You almost want to follow her, but you stay glued to your spot, knowing that it probably could be a trap.

As the humming slowly fades away, you begin feeling slightly depressed as the euphoria the beautiful sounds were giving you becomes silent and gives you a new feeling of loneliness. And, once again, you are alone.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Day #2
Time: 11:20 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 34% (-2)
----------
----------
----------

I make a mental note of the area so I can teleport here if I need. I then again head back to the strange fruit trees and explore the opposite of where the bees are located.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 11:35 (+0:15)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 34%
----------
----------
----------

I make a mental note of the area so I can teleport here if I need. I then again head back to the strange fruit trees and explore the opposite of where the bees are located.

After exploring for only a few minutes, you can tell something's been following you. You turn around quickly, and before the little goblin can hide, it realizes its been caught and stands its ground.

Its a female, judging by the purple hair along with the same colored hat sitting atop her large ears. She stands roughly 4 feet tall, if not a few inches shorter. She's wearing a pouch that cross her chest and lies at her hip, and is wearing rugged leather clothing.

Before conversation can be made, she takes something out of her pouch. Suddenly, she reels back her arm, and then tosses something at you with incredible speed. Luckily you were fast enough to dodge the air-splitting object fast enough to keep your left eye intact. You take a glance behind you, noticing that what she threw was a knife!
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Name & Sex: David Jones, M
Day #4
Time: 17:15 (+3:10)
----------
Hair: Long, black
Height: 4'1", 124cm
Masculinity: Slightly Masculine (64/100)
Muscles: Visible (55/100)
Frame: Average (48/100)
----------
----------
Perks
Schooling: 20% less fatigue when casting spells
----------
Weapon: Jagged Rock, Beautiful Sword
Storage: Lumi's Ingredients, two empty small flasks, Medium sack (50/500)
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
Strength: 8
Toughness: 8
Speed: 14
Intelligence: 15
Corruption: 2%
----------
Fatigue: 71% (+19)
----------
Experience: 30
Gems: 63
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

I poke at the carapace several times with my sword, making sure that it is dead. When I am certain nothing in it is alive, I pick it up and teleport to my camp. I then sleep for a long time with my sword beside me and the carapace and a little while away. When I wake up, I go back to Lumi's to see if she can tell me anything about the strange blade.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Day #2
Time: 11:35 (+0:15)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 34%
----------
----------
----------

*I like how you have the hunger and thirst set out. I'm game for how you've got the percentages set. The thirst is fine, and will put a spin on things, because now were going to have to find a reliable source of water that we can get to in less than 3-4 days.*

After dodging the knife, I rush the goblin and try to tackle her and pin her to the ground. If I succeed, I hold the spear to the goblins neck so she won't run away.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #5
Time: 6:15 (+0:13) (The time will be more accurate now that hunger and thirst involves every single passage of minute, so it won't be numbers like 5, 15, 30, and any other fixed numbers like that from now on.
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
Fatigue: 0%
----------
Hunger: 0.06% (Don't let these two stats get above 10%! That means you haven't eaten in a day and a half, and that's never good)
Thirst: 0.2% (Same goes for this one, but thirst rises much faster than hunger! But trust me, its all balanced out, this isn't like other RPG's hunger and thirst stats)

----------
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

I poke at the carapace several times with my sword, making sure that it is dead. When I am certain nothing in it is alive, I pick it up and teleport to my camp. I then sleep for a long time with my sword beside me and the carapace and a little while away. When I wake up, I go back to Lumi's to see if she can tell me anything about the strange blade.

After checking to see if the carapace is in fact just a carapace, you can confirm that nothing is actually inside.

You teleport to camp in a flash, and lie down for the night after placing the piece of chitin safely away from the tent.

The sky begins to grow brighter as the moon descends over distant mountains, casting a few last ominous shadows before they burn away in the light.

Planning to learn about the beautiful sword you've come across, you appear at her doorstep immediately. You knock on the door three times before she gently opens the door slowly. She appears seconds later with dreamy eyes. Clearly she's just woken up.

"David?" she asks while rubbing her eyes. She doesn't seem to care about how she reacted towards you the last time you two talked.

You greet her, and ask to come inside. After a few seconds of thought, she allows you to come inside. You then begin to ask her about the sword. Slowly, she becomes a little more active after moving around a little bit.

"Let me see it." she asks.

You pull the blade out, allowing her to witness the beautiful shine it gives off, and the engraved images on the hilt.

"Wow. I really haven't seen anything quite like this!" she says, snapping out of her slow, dreamy state. She studies it for a minute or two. "I'm sorry but... I have no idea what this is or how you even came across it. How did you, if you don't mind me asking?"

You explain to her how and where you came upon the glade and where the sword was encapsulated inside the tree trunk.

"That's... that's pretty incredible. Maybe you could sell it!" she exclaims. "This could be worth tons!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #2
Time: 11:40 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 40% (+6)
----------
Experience: 15 (+15)
----------
----------

*I like how you have the hunger and thirst set out. I'm game for how you've got the percentages set. The thirst is fine, and will put a spin on things, because now were going to have to find a reliable source of water that we can get to in less than 3-4 days.*

I agree. I'll give you a hint though. Boiling water makes it safe, just like in real life. It will remove any taint and make it clean and pure. Thanks for your input on things. Also, hunger and thirst will be added in on the next day. Time will also be more accurate instead of being at fixed numbers like 5,15, or 30 and so on to allow more accuracy.

After dodging the knife, I rush the goblin and try to tackle her and pin her to the ground. If I succeed, I hold the spear to the goblins neck so she won't run away.

Easily, you successfully tackle her and render her motionless on the ground. Making sure she won't try to wiggle her way out of this, you threaten her with the spear against her neck. She gives you a threatening look, but you can only chuckle at her attempt to intimidate you.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Day #2
Time: 11:40 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 40% (+6)
----------
Experience: 15 (+15)
----------
----------

I ask why the goblin tried to kill me, making sure the tip of the spear is inches away from the goblin's throat.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 11:45 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 39% (-1)
----------
Experience: 15
----------
----------

I've decided that I'd also do the same with fatigue like I'm doing with hunger and thirst, but only for subtraction. I'll multiply 0.2 by however many minutes, and that is how much fatigue will be lost. So, if five minutes passed without you exerting yourself, then you'd lose 1 point of fatigue.

I ask why the goblin tried to kill me, making sure the tip of the spear is inches away from the goblin's throat.

She spits at your face with pinpoint accuracy, hitting you right in one of your eyes. However, she knows she is beaten and refuses to run as you express your disgust and wipe the spit from your eyelid with one hand while the other keeps the spear at her throat. She must have a death wish.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Day #2
Time: 11:45 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 39% (-1)
----------
----------
----------

I remove the goblin's pouch and, watching her closely, I quickly look through it.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #5
Time: 6:15
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
----------
Hunger: 0.06%
Thirst: 0.2%
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

I say that I've been considering it, but I don't really know anyone besides you and you were away when I came before. I would have sold it the centaurs, but they probaly would have stolen it. I ask her what edible foods are around here. I also ask her for another alchemy lesson, and how much it would cost to buy one of her flasks.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 11:48 (+0:03)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 38.4% (-0.6)
----------
----------
----------

I remove the goblin's pouch and, watching her closely, I quickly look through it.

She protests slightly by wriggling around, but after poking her in the neck with the sharp end of the spear, she stops reluctantly.

You slowly step back, and you place the stick under your armpit to keep it close by your side. The goblin sits up, almost pouting, but she stays put.

After picking through the contents of the small pouch, you find a few writing utensils and a flask filled with green liquid inside. You can tell that the contents inside the flask is thick because of how slowly it moves around inside after tilting it.

You question the goblin about it, but she refuses to answer. However, being persistent, you finally get her to speak.

"Fine! Just shut up!" she mouths. "It's called Goblin Ale."

Curious, you then ask her what it does.

She gives you a look. "You've never heard of ale before? It's ale! For goblins!" she sasses.
----------------------------------------------------------
Day #5
Time: 6:34 (+0:21)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
----------
Hunger: 0.16% (+0.10)
Thirst: 0.6% (+0.4)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

I say that I've been considering it, but I don't really know anyone besides you and you were away when I came before.

"It may have been because I had to pick some ingredients myself." she pouts.

I would have sold it to the centaurs, but they probably would have stolen it.

"The Centaurs?" she asks as she winds around a table to reach some sort of liquid dispensing machine. "I don't think the Centaurs would have been a problem, honey." she says, grabbing a cup and pressing it to the machine, causing liquid to spill down into the cup as gravity does all the work. "The Minotaurs would have been something to worry about." She gently sips from the cup, then places it on a nearby counter top.

I ask her what edible foods are around here. I also ask her for another alchemy lesson, and how much it would cost to buy one of her flasks.

"Haha! Well dear, I know you're fairly new here, but I'm sure you aren't that dull! Hon, everything is edible... you just have to watch what you eat. You don't want to get fat!" she giggles again, picking up her cup and sipping again. After she places the cup back down on the counter, you tell her that you meant what foods are okay to eat without crazy transformations.

"Its okay, dear. I figured you meant that anyways, I just like to pick on people from time to time." she says, smiling. She really has seemed to lighten up since the last time you visited. "Anyways, it really is hard to find pure food and water nowadays. Well actually, the water is the easiest. All you have to do, hon, is boil it. Its always safe after boiling it." she expresses, drinking the rest of the liquid from the cup in one giant gulp. "As for the food..." she tosses the cup into a nearby sink, splattering the counter top slightly with a few remains, "...aw crap." She slinks over to the counter and quietly cleans the mess she made, then tosses the disposable cloth-like item into the garbage. "As I was saying... foods are hard to find. Well, the pure ones at least. I don't know many pure foods, but since you're looking for healthy ones, I'd look for Finchlet Tomatoes. Some are red, and others are bright orange or yellow, but you can tell they're Finchlet Tomatoes by looking at the top of the vegetable. It's got two small leaves and a brown stem sticking out from the top. Easy to spot." she says, opening a cabinet to access a snack. She pulls out a plastic looking bag that has some sort of black round food inside. She opens the bag, and sticks her hungry little hands inside to pull out a rather large doughnut-looking item. Before she munches on it, she tells you to look near the lake if you want to find the Finchlet Tomatoes.
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Forgot about this, my bad.

I also ask her for another alchemy lesson, and how much it would cost to buy one of her flasks.

"My last offers remain. Fifty for basic, Two-hundred for average, Five-hundred for expert, and a thousand for professional level potions."

You then ask her how much a flask would cost.

"Twenty-five, hon."
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Day #2
Time: 11:48 (+0:03)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 38.4% (-0.6)
----------
----------
----------

I set the "Goblin Ale" aside and continue looking through the pouch and any side pockets. If theres nothing left, I ask the goblin "What should I do with you? One; you tried to kill me, so I can't just allow you to go."

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 11:49 (+0:01)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
Fatigue: 38.2% (-0.2)
----------
----------
----------

I set the "Goblin Ale" aside and continue looking through the pouch and any side pockets.

You find nothing else in the pouch.

I ask the goblin "What should I do with you? One; you tried to kill me, so I can't just allow you to go."

Silence fills the air after the question has been asked. For a second, she looks up at you with hopeful eyes, but then lowers her head back down for her eyes to meet the red dirt again. "Just do it."
Showing 136-150 of 325